Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   NFC South Division Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   NFC South the rest of the way (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26572)

iloxygenil 11-02-2008 09:59 PM

NFC South the rest of the way
 
Carolina is in charge here at 6-2 and they only have 5 games left on their schedule that could even remotely be a challenge to them. 10-6 should be where they end up at worst.

Tampa Bay also only has 5 games that should be in question, 8-8 is not out of the question for them, but neither is 10-6.

New Orleans at 4-4 still have 6 games that will be tough for them as looking ahead for them. But still have a legit shot at 3rd place in the division and a wildcard playoff spot. 10-6 isn't out of the question but it'd be pretty hopeful right now, I see them finishing 7-9 or 8-8.

Atlanta Falcons currently at 5-3 at their half way point the Falcons still have 7 games that will be tough and can't be chalked up as Ws for the dirty birds, the Falcons finish the season with the recently upstart Rams who are the only team I'm leaving off the list, but could be looking to rain on the Falcons parade to the playoffs at the end of the year. The Falcons are opening a crucial 3 game homestand where if they can manage to beat 2 division rivals in the next 3 weeks could state their case as the best team in the division. 10-6 is not out of reach for the Falcons, but to expect more may be overlooking the difficulty of their schedule. My pre-season pick was 8-8, but I see the Falcons finishing no worse than 9-7 at this point with an outside shot at 11-5 as the best they COULD finish. 10-6 if the Falcons split season series with their division opponents is looking like a very real possibility.


Basically every team in the NFC South is still in the hunt, New Orleans has their work cut out for them and Tampa was given a game they should have lost today by Kansas City, but a W is a W and that puts the Bucs still in second place in the division with the Falcons and Saints looking to give chase.

Caddy 11-03-2008 03:07 AM

Tampa and Carolina finish with = record and tie breaker decides it.
Falcons finish a few games back with a tiny chance at a wild card spot.
Saints finish 8-8 or less.

iloxygenil 11-03-2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 (Post 1293608)
Tampa and Carolina finish with = record and tie breaker decides it.
Falcons finish a few games back with a tiny chance at a wild card spot.
Saints finish 8-8 or less.

This is possible, but I think the Falcons have a better shot at 10-6 than the Bucs do. Both have a shot, but the Falcons offense can get things done for them where as the Bucs offense can't.

Thigamahjigee 11-03-2008 05:22 PM

The Falcons will be 10-6. 9-7 at the worst. Playoffs back in the ATL my friends.

d34ng3l021 11-04-2008 02:01 PM

Man. I really want TB to slip up. I think the rest of their schedule is pretty easy too. And they have a bye to get back to reality after their terrible play at KC.

TB @ ATL might be a huge game.

Bruce Banner 11-04-2008 03:06 PM

I wouldn't bet on anything. Well. One thing. Saints not winning the division.

After that.....who knows?

awfullyquiet 11-04-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iloxygenil (Post 1294459)
This is possible, but I think the Falcons have a better shot at 10-6 than the Bucs do. Both have a shot, but the Falcons offense can get things done for them where as the Bucs offense can't.

Of course you do.

d34ng3l021 11-04-2008 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Banner (Post 1296176)
I wouldn't bet on anything. Well. One thing. Saints not winning the division.

After that.....who knows?

Yeah for sure. No way Saints win it.

You are just hoping the Bucs win it huh?

And if you look at the rest of our schedule aq, you can see that 10-6 is manageable. Go look at my predictions in the Falcons forum. I feel as if they are pretty objective.

Chucky 11-04-2008 05:03 PM

A Falcons fan having objective predictions? Unheard of? Not attacking you, but certain Falcons fans on this board have really tarnished their rep.

iloxygenil 11-04-2008 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucky (Post 1296387)
A Falcons fan having objective predictions? Unheard of? Not attacking you, but certain Falcons fans on this board have really tarnished their rep.

You're just a tool though, so who cares? You're the worst homer ever if you think the Bucs have a decent offense. So keep neg repping me, you tarnish your own rep with your foolishness. 'not to attack you or anything' give me a break.

And if you think his are objective, he thinks the Falcons can go 11-5...you FAIL.

Chucky 11-04-2008 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iloxygenil (Post 1296403)
You're just a tool though, so who cares? You're the worst homer ever if you think the Bucs have a decent offense. So keep neg repping me, you tarnish your own rep with your foolishness. 'not to attack you or anything' give me a break.

And if you think his are objective, he thinks the Falcons can go 11-5...you FAIL.

Considering that when I disagree with you, most atlanta fans agree with me and give me +rep, so I really am not too worried. and Bro dont call me a tool, alright bro. BRO. you are being racist bro. calling me a tool bro. BRO!!

Chucky 11-04-2008 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iloxygenil (Post 1296403)
And if you think his are objective, he thinks the Falcons can go 11-5...you FAIL.

When did I say that his were objective. You should work on reading comprehension. you FAIL

d34ng3l021 11-04-2008 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucky (Post 1296387)
A Falcons fan having objective predictions? Unheard of? Not attacking you, but certain Falcons fans on this board have really tarnished their rep.

Yeah. I know. I think everyones getting their panties in a bunch cause we are winning. We are not used to winning and coming to play for 60 minutes and having a bright future ahead of us.

And 11-5 was our best case scenario in my opinion. I see ourselves more at 9-7 and 10-6 (:))

iloxygenil 11-04-2008 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucky (Post 1296387)
A Falcons fan having objective predictions? Unheard of?

If that's not sarcasm then you're not good at getting your point across, which would therefore nullify anything else you've said regarding the objective statement.

Chucky 11-04-2008 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iloxygenil (Post 1296580)
If that's not sarcasm then you're not good at getting your point across, which would therefore nullify anything else you've said regarding the objective statement.

I never actually read his predictions, I was making fun of the fact that Falcons fans have the reputation of not making any objective predictions using sarcasm

iloxygenil 11-04-2008 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucky (Post 1296603)
I never actually read his predictions, I was making fun of the fact that Falcons fans have the reputation of not making any objective predictions using sarcasm

So far we're more pessimistic than anything. Go read our predictions for the season, you all called us homers, so far the Falcons are ahead of where we said they'd be or ever thought they'd be, so you can call us what you want, but if anything we're negative and not homers. Just at this point we see the quality that has been put on the field.

Chucky 11-05-2008 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iloxygenil (Post 1296828)
So far we're more pessimistic than anything. Go read our predictions for the season, you all called us homers, so far the Falcons are ahead of where we said they'd be or ever thought they'd be, so you can call us what you want, but if anything we're negative and not homers. Just at this point we see the quality that has been put on the field.

I have never read you say one negative thing about the Falcons....ever.

Caddy 11-05-2008 07:33 AM

I wish the Falcons would go back to being an absolutely **** team. You win a few games and some of you *cough iloxy cough* think your team is full of 53 2nd comings of Jesus Christ.

The vast majority of people don't even think the Falcons are the 2nd best team in the division.

iloxygenil 11-05-2008 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucky (Post 1297261)
I have never read you say one negative thing about the Falcons....ever.

Read my prognostications about the season there guy, I JUST was making that point yet you don't even address it, that was what I'm talkin about. Not a single one of us had the Falcons at 5-3, heck I think maybe the absolute best was 4-4.

iloxygenil 11-05-2008 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 (Post 1297268)
I wish the Falcons would go back to being an absolutely **** team. You win a few games and some of you *cough iloxy cough* think your team is full of 53 2nd comings of Jesus Christ.

The vast majority of people don't even think the Falcons are the 2nd best team in the division.

Until Tampa gets an offense and the Saints get healthy, there's a legit case that we are the second best team. You beat us on your home field, yet you narrowly edged the Chiefs who we romped. I've never said we have 53 of the best players, but we've got a good team on the field, no matter what you think. And you can't even step away and read something because I post it, that shows your immaturity, and the fact that you think that shows you twist things to exactly how you want them to sound, or read in this case.

I've said it many times on this board and I'll say it again, read WHAT I say, not read INTO what I say. So until you can show me how I even presented that, keep your malicious false allegations to you and your Tampa Homers.

Caddy 11-05-2008 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iloxygenil (Post 1297274)
Until Tampa gets an offense and the Saints get healthy, there's a legit case that we are the second best team. You beat us on your home field, yet you narrowly edged the Chiefs who we romped. I've never said we have 53 of the best players, but we've got a good team on the field, no matter what you think. And you can't even step away and read something because I post it, that shows your immaturity, and the fact that you think that shows you twist things to exactly how you want them to sound, or read in this case.

I've said it many times on this board and I'll say it again, read WHAT I say, not read INTO what I say. So until you can show me how I even presented that, keep your malicious false allegations to you and your Tampa Homers.

I will let you in on a little secret. Hardly anybody reads the entirety of your posts anymore and there is a legitimate reason for that.

iloxygenil 11-05-2008 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 (Post 1297293)
I will let you in on a little secret. Hardly anybody reads the entirety of your posts anymore and there is a legitimate reason for that.

Their stupidity and shortsightedness?

Just like yours, there's no insight to much that you say, if anything, the thing that really busts me about it is that when I turn out right, people forget all about that because I'm so 'outlandish' when I'm speaking the truth. It's pathetic.

dbtb135 11-10-2008 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iloxygenil (Post 1294459)
This is possible, but I think the Falcons have a better shot at 10-6 than the Bucs do. Both have a shot, but the Falcons offense can get things done for them where as the Bucs offense can't.

How does that make any sense to someone other than a Falcon fan though? Not labeling you a homer, just asking a legitimate question. Our offense hasn't stopped us from going 6-3 and losing those 3 games by a combined 11 points. Meanwhile, we crushed you and Carolina into fine powder earlier this season.

You can say what you want about it being Ryan's second game and Graham's long TD making it seem more one-sided than it was. But the fact is the Bucs held the Falcons' offense to slightly over 100 yards rushing and passing, with one big rush being a reverse so it's not like Turner or Norwood tore it up. Ryan threw 2 INTs to no TDs, and he looked much worse (like against Carolina) than he did going against....I don't know.....Oakland, New Orleans, Detroit, Kansas City, you know all those defensive powerhouses. Our D held the Falcons to 3 field goals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iloxygenil (Post 1297274)
Until Tampa gets an offense and the Saints get healthy, there's a legit case that we are the second best team. You beat us on your home field, yet you narrowly edged the Chiefs who we romped.

What legit case? If we beat you again, which our offense had no real problem doing with BRIAN GRIESE, we'll have two games on you (tiebreakers).

And as far as us barely BEATING Kansas City, we also beat Carolina who you LOST to (not narrowly edged) and you LOST to (not narrowly edged) us once already. I'd say head-to-head is a better gage of how well we match up than how each of us BEAT Kansas City.....But thats probably crazy talk! ;)

scar988 11-10-2008 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 (Post 1297268)
I wish the Falcons would go back to being an absolutely **** team. You win a few games and some of you *cough iloxy cough* think your team is full of 53 2nd comings of Jesus Christ.

The vast majority of people don't even think the Falcons are the 2nd best team in the division.

that's fine. the Falcons will just have to rpove it on the field. I can't really say the same for hte Bucs. They have half of a team that comes out to play... their defense.

dbtb135 11-11-2008 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scar988 (Post 1305653)
that's fine. the Falcons will just have to rpove it on the field. I can't really say the same for hte Bucs. They have half of a team that comes out to play... their defense.

So does it say more about the Falcons that they got beat handily by half a team? BTW, our offense ranks ahead of the Panthers in both yards and scoring, but they are still half a game ahead in the division.

The Bucs are 16th in scoring, 9th in yardage, 11th in rushing, and 9th in passing. It's not like we're the Raiders or anything. I really don't get the hate from the Falcons fans, but if I had to guess.......:D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.