Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   We have a new Redskin-Deangelo Hall (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26725)

AntoinCD 11-07-2008 02:37 PM

We have a new Redskin-Deangelo Hall

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3688600

Not a bad move if you ask me

TitleTown088 11-07-2008 02:38 PM

The new redskin who has already has a thread about him?

tjsunstein 11-07-2008 02:38 PM

Everyone thought he'd go to a different NFC East team. Not a bad move by the skins at all.

AntoinCD 11-07-2008 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitleTown088 (Post 1300915)
The new redskin who has already has a thread about him?

Well it was about the Raiders cutting him but I didn't see that so apologies

Thigamahjigee 11-07-2008 02:41 PM

Great move. Hall should thrive there. Press the guy, and play man. Exactly what he needs. I'm just unsure of his hand injury in a place where he's going to have to press. I think it's been a bigger issue this year then people are giving credit to.

TitleTown088 11-07-2008 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 1300921)
Well it was about the Raiders cutting him but I didn't see that so apologies

Meh, I prob shouldn't have jumped all over you like a prick, but just pointing out he has his own thread. Perhaps this can be his Redskin thread. No biggie

AntoinCD 11-07-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitleTown088 (Post 1300926)
Meh, I prob shouldn't have jumped all over you like a prick, but just pointing out he has his own thread. Perhaps this can be his Redskin thread. No biggie

No sweat if I hadn't been lazy and hadn't jumped at the chance to start a thread it would've been all hypothetical anyway

Mr. Stiller 11-07-2008 02:49 PM

I don't get it.

The passrush is the problem in Washington.

Was has Rogers, Horton and Landry playing Pro-bowl quality ball. Smoot is probably in the upper echelon of Nickel backs and yes, Springs is old but he was also playing lights out.

I disagree with this based on the premise that He spent money in the wrong place.

ChezPower4 11-07-2008 02:55 PM

good move, if he plays well with the skins does anyone think that they may offer him a long term deal?

AntoinCD 11-07-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChezPower4 (Post 1300951)
good move, if he plays well with the skins does anyone think that they may offer him a long term deal?

It will have to be a lot less than what Oakland were paying him but I think there's a good chance.

SeanTaylorRIP 11-07-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller (Post 1300941)
I don't get it.

Was has Rogers, Horton and Landry playing Pro-bowl quality ball. Smoot is probably in the upper echelon of Nickel backs and yes, Springs is old but he was also playing lights out.

I disagree with this based on the premise that He spent money in the wrong place.

Springs was playing lights out but hasn't played in forever. This move is like picking up extra depth and it just happens to be a former pro bowler. No harm if he sucks. If he turns out well, extra steal. You can never have enough DB's. And I don't see any pass rushers floating around.

DiG 11-07-2008 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller (Post 1300941)
I don't get it.

springs has been hurt half the year and theres zero depth after smoot. we got him for 500k this year how is that bad?

Mr. Stiller 11-07-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChezPower4 (Post 1300951)

Depends.

If Hall keeps his head on and plays like the Redskins thinking.. He might price himself out of their range (Again because of their considerable talent in the secondary).

If he doesn't play well I can't see them keeping him.

From just getting an opportunity this last weekend like I said, their S's/Rogers (and Springs before injury) are playing pro-bowl level.

Fletcher is amazing and I am a huge Rocky McIntosh fan.

I'm guessing C/DE/SLB should be their list of offseason fixes.

If Hall earns his pre-Oakland paycheck.. I would suggest that Washington use that money to try and lure Julius Peppers away from Carolina..

With the secondary they have... Grab Alex Mack, a LB in round 2, and a Corner in 3 or 4.

I don't know all their needs I'm just going off what I saw against pittsburgh

Mr. Stiller 11-07-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty (Post 1300968)
springs has been hurt half the year and theres zero depth after smoot. we got him for 500k this year how is that bad?

500k isn't bad at all I would have no issue with him for that.

I just don't think the secondary is the issue with the Skins.

and I was more talking about after this year as well.

d34ng3l021 11-07-2008 03:06 PM

I have 2 jerseys of players who play for the Redskins. DeAngelo Hall (falcon) and LaRon Landry.

How many current Falcon players? 0. Damn I need a Ryan jersey.

Good pick up for the Redskins. I dont know much about their scheme, but lack of a pass rush might hurt Hall a lot more.

DiG 11-07-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 (Post 1300975)
I have 2 jerseys of players who play for the Redskins. DeAngelo Hall (falcon) and LaRon Landry.

How many current Falcon players? 0. Damn I need a Ryan jersey.

Good pick up for the Redskins. I dont know much about their scheme, but lack of a pass rush might hurt Hall a lot more.

get a roddy white! roddy is the shiznit!! and with your track record maybe hell be a skin someday.

d34ng3l021 11-07-2008 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty (Post 1301001)
get a roddy white! roddy is the shiznit!! and with your track record maybe hell be a skin someday.

Hell no. I am going to get the jersey of the franchise QB that we possibly cannot let go. lol

captainjack27 11-07-2008 03:33 PM

for the price....this was a great move for the skins

skinzzfan25 11-07-2008 03:46 PM

With Landry playing deep safety and his monster range, Hall should have a lot more room to play press coverage and take some chances.

And I doubt he tries any stupid **** in London Fletcher's locker room. That's just asking for trouble.

locseti 11-07-2008 03:56 PM

"In his eight games in Oakland, Hall was beaten 40 times for 552 yards on 66 passes thrown his way, according to data compiled by STATS. He gave up more yards than any defender this season and was tied for third worst in catches allowed."

skinzzfan25 11-07-2008 04:00 PM

And he has more interceptions than all of the Skins CBs combined ;)

And more importantly, he didn't go do Dallas who could use him much more than the Redskins.

ChezPower4 11-07-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 1300961)
It will have to be a lot less than what Oakland were paying him but I think there's a good chance.

I don't think it matters how he plays the rest of this year, Hall is not going to get the kind of deal he got in Oakland from any team. He was givin elite player type money and IMO Hall is not an elite corner.

tjsunstein 11-07-2008 04:13 PM

It can't hurt for the price.

Matthew Jones 11-07-2008 04:18 PM

As a resident of D.C., I'm excited. Hopefully I can see him live this year.

DreadedDatSkinsFan 11-07-2008 04:19 PM

Low risk...High reward type of move....This moves Leigh Torrence down the depth chart (thank goodness) and it also means Tryon probably wont see the field this year (another blessing)....W/ Springs hurt 9 games a year...and Smoot playin banged up...this move was genius...Especially for 500k...which I didnt know about...Cause we lacked depth on both islands....We got a bye week...So he can learn the scheme...Which is also another plus....WE WANT DALLAS....WE WANT DALLAS