Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Fletcher to Redskins, 5 year deal (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2679)

art vandelay 03-02-2007 07:38 PM

Fletcher to Redskins, 5 year deal

Per ESPN radio.

Space Ghost 03-02-2007 07:41 PM

He won't last 5 years, at least not as an effective starter. I thought Lemar Marshall was pretty good, I didn't watch any Skins games this year though aside from a few ******s between Bills commercials.

McBain 03-02-2007 07:41 PM

Yeah i saw it on Bottomline too...

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=25072

that just says a bunch of stuff useless facts.

I'll pass my judgement when i see the money figure.. i'm scared you guys. Someone hold me.

jetsfan3 03-02-2007 07:41 PM

**** now we can't trade you Vilma for #6 and Portis. Not that it would ever happen, but, I like to think about it.

McBain 03-02-2007 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Space Ghost (Post 181955)
He won't last 5 years, at least not as an effective starter. I thought Lemar Marshall was pretty good, I didn't watch any Skins games this year though aside from a few ******s between Bills commercials.

LeMar Marshall was absolutely terrible last season.

703SKINS202 03-02-2007 07:44 PM

he sure was

princefielder28 03-02-2007 07:45 PM

No suprise that he ended up there, but my guess is that he'll go in the tubes like everyone else as well

McBain 03-02-2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetsfan3 (Post 181961)
**** now we can't trade you Vilma for #6 and Portis. Not that it would ever happen, but, I like to think about it.

Yeah, no. I like Vilma but there's no way he's worth #6 (Alan Branch, Jamaal Anderson, Gaines Adams) and Portis for 25 (?) and Vilma. The only way i would have even considered this is if you guys had thrown in a second and maybe something late too.

HChu 03-02-2007 07:47 PM

PFT reports;

"A league source tells us that linebacker London Fletcher has agreed to terms with the Washington Redskins.

Per the source, it's a five-year, $25 million deal. It pays a $10.5 million signing bonus and pays out $12.5 million over the first two years.

Washington was Fletcher's first and only visit. Other teams that were interested in the nine-year veteran were the Bills, Lions, and Patriots."

Space Ghost 03-02-2007 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McBain (Post 181968)
LeMar Marshall was absolutely terrible last season.

Thanks, wanted to make sure. He looked good when he stepped in along with Antonio Pierce that year where your linebackers all got injured and they still played well with him and Pierce in there. Guess he will be a backup again.

McBain 03-02-2007 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princefielder28 (Post 181976)
No suprise that he ended up there, but my guess is that he'll go in the tubes like everyone else as well

Let me first start by saying screw you. That is the least factual statement i have ever read. Just to let you know i read PFT and Pasquarelli sometimes.

I guess you forgot about Marcus Washington, Shawn Springs, Cornelius Griffin, Randy Thomas, Randle El.. just to name a few. Like everyone else? Seriously, you suck.

GSOT 03-02-2007 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McBain (Post 181997)
Let me first start by saying screw you. That is the least factual statement i have ever read. Just to let you know i read PFT and Pasquarelli sometimes.

I guess you forgot about Marcus Washington, Shawn Springs, Cornelius Griffin, Randy Thomas, Randle El.. just to name a few. Like everyone else? Seriously, you suck.

Dont beat about the bush...tell him what you really think of him..lol, anyways congrats on getting London. He is a great player.

703SKINS202 03-02-2007 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HChu (Post 181992)
PFT reports;

"A league source tells us that linebacker London Fletcher has agreed to terms with the Washington Redskins.

Per the source, it's a five-year, $25 million deal. It pays a $10.5 million signing bonus and pays out $12.5 million over the first two years.

Washington was Fletcher's first and only visit. Other teams that were interested in the nine-year veteran were the Bills, Lions, and Patriots."

id say thats a fair contract, pretty surprised especially if he does well for a couple years

McBain 03-02-2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Space Ghost (Post 181995)
Thanks, wanted to make sure. He looked good when he stepped in along with Antonio Pierce that year where your linebackers all got injured and they still played well with him and Pierce in there. Guess he will be a backup again.

Yeah he was a decent OLB... but playing MLB.. oh god. I try to forget, occaisionally i have night terrors of him watching Rbs fly past him.

McBain 03-02-2007 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HChu (Post 181992)
PFT reports;

not bad considering how much money has been tossed around today.

bmoreravens5289 03-02-2007 08:08 PM

Damn the Redskins are spending the cash already...

Stash 03-02-2007 08:27 PM

I'd say that is a lot for someone his age who gets knocked for not being a playmaker, he just amasses tackles 5+ yards past the LOS.

SeanTaylorRIP 03-02-2007 08:31 PM

The money is a lot but London is such an underrated player and I feel like the Bills really gave him no respect for what he did for the franchise, he deserved a phat check, didn't really want him to get that check from the skins, but I'm happy. With Cornelius Griffen and possibly Alan Branch London will thrive.

Caddy 03-02-2007 08:42 PM

Good pickup for the Skins. Fletcher still has some gas left in the tank and should shore up that defense a fair bit.

skinzzfan25 03-02-2007 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghettosermon (Post 182129)
The money is a lot but London is such an underrated player and I feel like the Bills really gave him no respect for what he did for the franchise, he deserved a phat check, didn't really want him to get that check from the skins, but I'm happy. With Cornelius Griffen and possibly Alan Branch London will thrive.

Yep, the defense should start to shape up this year. Campbell and Saunders got their stuff in check for the offense and pending the draft our defense could shape up to be nice in the next 1-2 years. Smoot is back aswell and if Springs takes a paycut we should be in good shape. Otherwise were gonna be missing out number one corner -_-

Canadian_draft_fan 03-02-2007 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stash (Post 182114)
I'd say that is a lot for someone his age who gets knocked for not being a playmaker, he just amasses tackles 5+ yards past the LOS.

I do have concerns about Fletcher but at least it was for reasonable $$$ (considering the contracts signed today) and he does fill a need. I think he will suffice until they get a longer term solution in the next year or 2.

etk 03-02-2007 09:08 PM

I always thought LeMar Marshall was pretty bad, and he was so overrated in Madden it pissed me off. I guess the Skins knew the truth. No surprise that Gregg Williams wanted to be reunited with his old MLB.

skinzzfan25 03-02-2007 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian_draft_fan (Post 182274)
I do have concerns about Fletcher but at least it was for reasonable $$$ (considering the contracts signed today) and he does fill a need. I think he will suffice until they get a longer term solution in the next year or 2.

For some reason I don't have much worries about Fletcher. He's coming in, already familiar with the system. And hes out to prove that he is still a playmaker and a force on defense. Buffalo pretty much let him go because they thought that he was not what he used to be. Smoot was a good signing also because he also knows the system, already a local fan favorite, and should have something to prove also. He gets knocked for the 'Love Boat' incident and did not preform well in Minnesota.

So far I give the Redskins a B+ in the offseason, they have done everything that is under their control right.

SeanTaylorRIP 03-02-2007 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etk (Post 182282)
I always thought LeMar Marshall was pretty bad, and he was so overrated in Madden it pissed me off. I guess the Skins knew the truth. No surprise that Gregg Williams wanted to be reunited with his old MLB.

Oh we was bad not a MLB at all. He got pushed sometimes 15 yards off the line of scrimmage, good depth for OLB but MLB was a terrible idea.

Vikes99ej 03-02-2007 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 (Post 182288)
For some reason I don't have much worries about Fletcher. He's coming in, already familiar with the system. And hes out to prove that he is still a playmaker and a force on defense. Buffalo pretty much let him go because they thought that he was not what he used to be. Smoot was a good signing also because he also knows the system, already a local fan favorite, and should have something to prove also. He gets knocked for the 'Love Boat' incident and did not preform well in Minnesota.

So far I give the Redskins a B+ in the offseason, they have done everything that is under their control right.

Getting Fred Smoot back does not improve your defense at all.