Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Barnett out for the year (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26806)

TitleTown088 11-10-2008 02:44 PM

Barnett out for the year
 
Torn Ligament. He had not played well all season but it hurts nonetheless. Maybe not the Arguments on here for Hawk at MIKE can come to fruition! ;)

OH yeah, Freaking Dome did it. They need to be banished.

bored of education 11-10-2008 02:45 PM

Hawk At Mike Ftw!

Gay Ork Wang 11-10-2008 02:48 PM

yay, Forte RUN ALL OVER IT!

PoopSandwich 11-10-2008 02:50 PM

How has Hawk done so far as a pro? I haven't really gotten to see much of him.

bigbluedefense 11-10-2008 02:53 PM

I really hope this means Hawk will move to MIKE. I think he can get in that role, and run away with it. Now is your time to shine Hawk, make it count.

Sucks for Barnett. Im a big Barnett fan.

Twiddler 11-10-2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinslowBodden (Post 1306100)
How has Hawk done so far as a pro? I haven't really gotten to see much of him.

Maybe not as spectacular as you'd expect from a fifth overall pick but he still has managed to perform well enough.

And this sucks about Barnett, although we'll be finding a lot out about our linebacker depth.

tjsunstein 11-10-2008 02:59 PM

Our run D is gonna suck even more now. What sucks is that we face Forte twice, possibly a healthy Reggie, the Carolina duo, Slaton, and the Jax duo. This is why our offense cant be conservative because we wont have the ball all game if we are. Hawk is gonna have to man MIKE now because no one else is capable of doing it unless you seriously like Bishop in the middle. Yea, Desmond Bishop from Cal. The one that blew up a Jacksonville receiver last yea in pre season and the same one that Chester Taylor shook for that long catch this week.

awfullyquiet 11-10-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiddler (Post 1306110)
Maybe not as spectacular as you'd expect from a fifth overall pick but he still has managed to perform well enough.

And this sucks about Barnett, although we'll be finding a lot out about our linebacker depth.

he's no urlacher.

but hey packers. you win some and lose some.

bigbluedefense 11-10-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awfullyquiet (Post 1306118)
he's no urlacher.

but hey packers. you win some and lose some.

Briggs >>> Urlacher

Dr. Gonzo 11-10-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjsunstein (Post 1306117)
Our run D is gonna suck even more now. What sucks is that we face Forte twice, possibly a healthy Reggie, the Carolina duo, Slaton, and the Jax duo. This is why our offense cant be conservative because we wont have the ball all game if we are. Hawk is gonna have to man MIKE now because no one else is capable of doing it unless you seriously like Bishop in the middle. Yea, Desmond Bishop from Cal. The one that blew up a Jacksonville receiver last yea in pre season and the same one that Chester Taylor shook for that long catch this week.

So you complain at Nnamdi Asomugha having a thread in the NFL section and yet say nothing about this much more useless thread. Hmmmm.

Gay Ork Wang 11-10-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 1306127)
Briggs >>> Urlacher

Briggs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Urlacher >>>>>> EJ Henderson >>>>>>>>>>>> Sims >>>>>>>>> Packers LB

Dr. Gonzo 11-10-2008 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang (Post 1306130)
Briggs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Urlacher >>>>>> EJ Henderson >>>>>>>>>>>> Sims >>>>>>>>> Packers LB

You forget the second and third best whity LB's on the Vikings, Leber and Greenway. Surely they are better than the Packers LB's.

Gay Ork Wang 11-10-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo (Post 1306137)
You forget the second and third best whity LB's on the Vikings, Leber and Greenway. Surely they are better than the Packers LB's.

i just wanted to single out EJ, leber and greenway are included

tjsunstein 11-10-2008 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo (Post 1306129)
So you complain at Nnamdi Asomugha having a thread in the NFL section and yet say nothing about this much more useless thread. Hmmmm.

I posted about this in the Packers boards before it was posted here. Hmmm.

the_legend_killer 11-10-2008 03:13 PM

Sucks for Barnett, guess he can't do anymore celebrating after giving up a 7 yard gain this year.......

tjsunstein 11-10-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_legend_killer (Post 1306149)
Sucks for Barnett, guess he can't do anymore celebrating after giving up a 7 yard gain this year.......

Yeah, I really enjoyed those.. not. That makes me so bad when a player does that.

Race for the Heisman 11-10-2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo (Post 1306137)
You forget the second and third best whity LB's on the Vikings, Leber and Greenway. Surely they are better than the Packers LB's.

That goes without saying, doesn't it?

bigbluedefense 11-10-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang (Post 1306130)
Briggs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Urlacher >>>>>> EJ Henderson >>>>>>>>>>>> Sims >>>>>>>>> Packers LB

I actually like Barnett more than Urlacher.

I like Hawk more than any Vikings LB, he's at the very least comparable to EJ.

GB12 11-10-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 1306106)
I really hope this means Hawk will move to MIKE. I think he can get in that role, and run away with it. Now is your time to shine Hawk, make it count.

Sucks for Barnett. Im a big Barnett fan.

I definitely want that too happen. It's the perfect opportunity to try it out, eventhough it comes at a big expense. Long term it doesn't really solve anything because Barnett will get his job back next year, but it'll be interesting to watch how Hawk does.

Also the Chillar signing this offseason was huge. We have a guy that can step right in and be a decent starter. Had this happend last year we would have been screwed. While the loss of Barnett hurts I still feel alright about starting Poppinga, Hawk, and Chillar .

tjsunstein 11-10-2008 03:43 PM

This absolutely works to Hawk's strengths, I think. I can see him doing well. I'm not sure how I feel about Poppinga and Chillar both starting but I have no choice but to accept it. Hopefully our run D will stay put and not suffer any more if thats even possible.

First Martin Broduer for the Devils and now Nick Barnett for my Packers. Who's next? Baron Davis? Atleast the Phillies won! Can't win them all.

Pokeys 11-10-2008 03:44 PM

Desmond Bishop is poop...

PACKmanN 11-10-2008 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 1306106)
I really hope this means Hawk will move to MIKE. I think he can get in that role, and run away with it. Now is your time to shine Hawk, make it count.

Sucks for Barnett. Im a big Barnett fan.

I don't think we move him to MIKE, Chillar will take that role. Plus, Hawk's injury has made him very limited this year, I don't want to see linemen running at him and cutting him.

TitleTown088 11-10-2008 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang (Post 1306095)
yay, Forte RUN ALL OVER IT!

Barnett has been one of the biggest problems with the Packers run defense. Couldn't shed a block for his life.

Vikes99ej 11-10-2008 07:14 PM

I know how you feel Packers' fans.

TitleTown088 11-10-2008 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikes99ej (Post 1306721)
I know how you feel Packers' fans.

Lose your best Dlineman in addition, then you will.

Oh snap. Did I just imply Kampman isn't the best on the Packers?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.