Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Ty Law to the Jets (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26820)

Hawk 11-10-2008 07:44 PM

Ty Law to the Jets
 
discuss.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3694821

Basileus777 11-10-2008 07:46 PM

They might get some use out of him if they play the Colts in the playoffs...otherwise he's a marginal player at best.

Menardo75 11-10-2008 07:46 PM

Sounded like they are going to experiment with him at FS. I wonder why they waited this long to make the move.

tjsunstein 11-10-2008 07:46 PM

Could play Thursday and match up with Welker in the slot. Should be interesting. Good for a young team, except for Favre, on the cusp.

Shane P. Hallam 11-10-2008 08:34 PM

Might as well try him out. Though, when a team like KC releases him with their corner depth, he must be out of gas.

The Great Jonathan Vilma 11-10-2008 09:06 PM

We'll see what he has left, but at least he's got experience, which can be invaluable

bored of education 11-10-2008 09:16 PM

If they play the Colts, Jets win!

The Great Jonathan Vilma 11-10-2008 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bored of education (Post 1306830)
If they play the Colts, Jets win!

trust me, he wouldn't be the difference

hahaha

CC.SD 11-10-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma (Post 1306868)
trust me, he wouldn't be the difference

hahaha

I wouldn't bet on that.

Hawk 11-11-2008 12:59 AM

Ty Law is Peyton Manning krypnonite.

awfullyquiet 11-11-2008 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menardo75 (Post 1306669)
Sounded like they are going to experiment with him at FS. I wonder why they waited this long to make the move.

I think i said something like that when the chiefs released him.

Someone will pick him up as a safety. He's too smart and at least has some of the physical size you look for in a safety.

ChezPower4 11-11-2008 01:35 AM

I pesonally don't think Law will be much of a factor at all for this team as far as playing time in games. I do think that he can really help the young CB of the Jets along though, which is always a plus.

vidae 11-11-2008 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBond93 (Post 1306766)
Might as well try him out. Though, when a team like KC releases him with their corner depth, he must be out of gas.

He's on the wrong side of 30 and we knew we were going to have to get young at CB to complete our defense. Flowers and Carr are studs. He was a good player here in KC but he didn't fit in with our youth movement.

diabsoule 11-11-2008 03:13 AM

I wanted the Saints to sign him because we don't have any CB's now that Tracy Porter and Mike McKenzie are out for the year.

tjsunstein 11-11-2008 08:35 AM

Can you say Championship?

Basileus777 11-11-2008 10:00 AM

The thing is, Law was awful in run support his last year in KC. He doesn't necessarily have the ability to play safety either.

tjsunstein 11-11-2008 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 1307477)
The thing is, Law was awful in run support his last year in KC. He doesn't necessarily have the ability to play safety either.

I don't think he's gonna get an overly extended role that requires him to play every down. I can see him in on long passing downs but other than that I see the move as downgrading if he's gonna be in on every down. He's a ball hawk, safety is ideal for him where he is in his career. I just wouldnt trust him with open field tackles.

awfullyquiet 11-11-2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjsunstein (Post 1307481)
I don't think he's gonna get an overly extended role that requires him to play every down. I can see him in on long passing downs but other than that I see the move as downgrading if he's gonna be in on every down. He's a ball hawk, safety is ideal for him where he is in his career. I just wouldnt trust him with open field tackles.

yeah. hence a FS in the jets system, not the SS in the jets system.

derza222 11-11-2008 02:07 PM

I do think he's going to get some time at safety, and he'll be able to mentor the younger guys. Some speculation has him covering tight ends, a major trouble spot for the Jets so far this season, as well. Hopefully Mangini doesn't trust him too much though, or he could really cost the Jets some points. I'd imagine the Pats are going to try and go after him when he's in the game Thursday.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.