Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Adalius Thomas to IR (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26850)

TitleTown088 11-11-2008 04:19 PM

Adalius Thomas to IR

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/

Broken arm.

tjsunstein 11-11-2008 04:22 PM

The Patriots are showing that the team is a real team and not just Brady. The injury gods feel no mercy for them with Adalius now to join Harrison, Brady, Crable, and Maroney. I credit the mastermind on this one. The same one that was behind spygate. Belichick. They're 6-3 with two of their unquestioned leaders down. I find what they are doing this year more incredible than what they did last year.

Gay Ork Wang 11-11-2008 04:28 PM

how about an Injury Thread?

I blame the Superbowl Loser curse. Its getting everyone

tjsunstein 11-11-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang (Post 1307971)

Except they're still in first.. What the F.

Gay Ork Wang 11-11-2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjsunstein (Post 1307983)
Except they're still in first.. What the F.

just watch. what are they going to do on defense?

tjsunstein 11-11-2008 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang (Post 1307984)

I don't know if I can afford to watch two teams stuggle on defense. I already have my hands full with the Packers run D.

diabsoule 11-11-2008 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang (Post 1307971)

Even the Saints...

Don Vito 11-11-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang (Post 1307984)

The loss os Adalius is really going to hurt us. We can't replace him but some of the young guys like Gary Guyton, Shawn Crable, and Pierre Woods have to step up. Losing two of our defenses leaders (Harrison and Adalius) hurts but I think we can overcome the losses.

tjsunstein 11-11-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 1307998)
The loss os Adalius is really going to hurt us. We can't replace him but some of the young guys like Gary Guyton, Shawn Crable, and Pierre Woods have to step up. Losing two of our defenses leaders (Harrison and Adalius) hurts but I think we can overcome the losses.

Crable is on the IR according to NFL.com.. so..

Number 10 11-11-2008 04:46 PM

I hate to criticize anything the Pats front office does...

But Adalius Thomas has not been much of a factor since signing the monster deal. He was unimpressive last season considering the economics of the situation and now this. I'm pretty sure I remember reading his contract was backloaded...I wonder what the chances are of him hitting the market soon.

tjsunstein 11-11-2008 04:46 PM

It's only a matter of time before Sniper mentions Michigan.. Woods and Crable both went there not to mention that QB.. What's his name again?

Gay Ork Wang 11-11-2008 04:47 PM

he actually has been one of the best on their team afaik and also one of the better pass rushers

Don Vito 11-11-2008 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 10 (Post 1308002)
I hate to criticize anything the Pats front office does...

But Adalius Thomas has not been much of a factor since signing the monster deal. He was unimpressive last season considering the economics of the situation and now this. I'm pretty sure I remember reading his contract was backloaded...I wonder what the chances are of him hitting the market soon.

He came on very strong towards the end of last year and was an absolute monster until his injury this season. His loss is going to hurt a lot. Tjsunstein, you are correct about Crable my bad.

tjsunstein 11-11-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 1308507)
He came on very strong towards the end of last year and was an absolute monster until his injury this season. His loss is going to hurt a lot. Tjsunstein, you are correct about Crable my bad.

Don't sweat it. I only knew because I looked at their roster once Adalius went down. Again, the Patriots don't really announce their business it just kind of happens.