Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Atlanta Falcons Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Hawks Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26870)

Bosanac01 11-11-2008 10:09 PM

Hawks Thread

Give it up for the hometown team, they're hot. Glad to see this year is diminishing the facts that atlanta sport teams suck, so go hawks, go thrashers, go braves (get peavy), go falcons.

Edit: Hawks play the celtics in boston tommorrow, so i'm trying to enjoy this streak as much as i can.

BNad 11-11-2008 10:38 PM

Hellllll yeah, baby. I'm not sure a single ESPN.com analyst picked us to even make the playoffs.

Bosanac01 11-11-2008 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BNad (Post 1308860)
Hellllll yeah, baby. I'm not sure a single ESPN.com analyst picked us to even make the playoffs.

Out of i think 12 people, the highest we were picked was 6th and the lowest was 13th, thats in the EAST. I read the SI yesterday, and they had the hawks as the 11th best in the east. Im glad we are surprising teams, too bad josh smith is hurt, but we can still win.

Bosanac01 11-11-2008 11:20 PM

ESPN power ranking for the hawks...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/...nking?team=atl

Halsey 11-11-2008 11:54 PM

A lot of these NBA analysts can't seem to get the concept of change over time. They still think the Hawks are the same team they were 5 years ago. They need to take a break from gobbling the Celtics/Lakers jock and actually analyze the rest of the league.

BNad 11-12-2008 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosanac01 (Post 1308919)
ESPN power ranking for the hawks...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/...nking?team=atl

I saw that yesterday and at first thought "well, they must not have known Smith is out yet" before I read it. Pretty amazing we're #5 on there with the blurb being about Smith's injury.

georgiafan 11-12-2008 09:19 AM

The last two games with Josh out and Joe having off games we was still able to pull out wins. That says alot about this team.

I love seeing a hawks thread hopefully we can keep it going all year.

SeanTaylorRIP 11-12-2008 09:31 AM

If we beat the Celtics the league better take notice. Gonna be hard as hell though without Smoove but Horford stepped his game up last night. Mo Evans and Flip Murray off the bench has really given much more depth to our bench. Zaza is playing good D, Soloman shows flashes while Othello Hunter and Randolph Morris are two big bodies. I just need to see more growth in Acie. Hopefully we can draft a pure point like Eric Maynor or AJ Price to compete with Acie. Kind of like the Bobcats drafting DJ Augustin with Felton already there.

Preo32 11-12-2008 02:54 PM

I was supposed to go to the Hawks / Bulls game last night as a part of a business seminar before the game and then attend the game. An after school club was going, plus some kids from business classes. Those club kids knew they needed to dress up (collared shirt, nice pants, shoes, etc) and the kids that were just goin thru the class did not know (AKA me) so i wasnt allowed to go. I was so angry. And kids told me other schools went to the seminar and wore Bulls jerseys n ****. I was so pissed off. Im glad they won, as i watched from my TV....

Even thou since i was born in Canada, the Raptors are my favorite team, and i moved to ATL when i was 6, so they are my 2nd

dunagan15 11-12-2008 03:04 PM

he'll ya go Hawks. My gator Horford was a beast last night. Gonna need it again from him tonight tho.

falconsrule 11-12-2008 03:31 PM

I would like to see Randolph Morris get into the game some.....I think he have some potential also J.J. have lost his shot hopefully he can find it tonight.....Lets keep this thread going!

SeanTaylorRIP 11-12-2008 08:18 PM

BTW anyone feel free to use my old sig:

BNad 11-12-2008 08:30 PM

I would, but now that Jenkins has actually shown flashes I'll keep him up. :P

dunagan15 11-12-2008 08:36 PM

Lets go Hawks!!! We can do it in the 4th!!!

Who woulda thought we would be leading going into the 4th w/ Horford on the bench most the game, Zaza out, and Josh Smith not playing???

Anyway, hopefully we can pull this one out in Boston. This one would be huge.

dunagan15 11-12-2008 09:22 PM

Wow. F*** the Celtics. Paul Pierce you are a *****. Congrats you beat us...w/ half of our team, on a last second lucky ass shot.

Bosanac01 11-12-2008 09:29 PM

It's gonna take a long time to get over this loss. God knows i hate boston and ***** ass peirce who screams like a girl for every ************* foul.

thefalconer 11-12-2008 10:01 PM

i've always liked paul pierce but ****! that game felt like a game 7 playoff game to me. foul trouble and our relatively small lineup got to us. damn, that game was ours!

and i hate how the media is already making headlines like "Pierce hands Hawks first defeat" etc. when it was really such a close game. media bias is a *****.

scar988 11-12-2008 10:04 PM

Pierce did hand us our first defeat. But honestly. we're 6-1 with the 1 loss being to an 8-1 team by 1 point. I think the Hawks are fine. In Atlanta we'll beat them. With Josh Smith back it wouldn't have been this close.

thefalconer 11-12-2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scar988 (Post 1310263)
Pierce did hand us our first defeat. But honestly. we're 6-1 with the 1 loss being to an 8-1 team by 1 point. I think the Hawks are fine. In Atlanta we'll beat them. With Josh Smith back it wouldn't have been this close.

i hope youre right. i made a bet with an annoying suns fan today that the hawks would have a better regular season record than the suns. it was fueled by emotion because the guy kept saying atl doesnt deserve their home court to be called the highlight factory and other nonsense.

georgiafan 11-12-2008 11:21 PM

Such a heart breaking loss, but when you think about it the fact we played them this close is a good sign. Josh Smith and Zaza hurt, Horford only playing 20 min. due to foul trouble. Joe was also off his game and we played back to back games. Still doesn't make the loss any better though

It's great to see Marvin auctally having a 3 point shot

dunagan15 11-12-2008 11:28 PM

Josh Smith being out lost us this game, no doubt he would have been gaurding Pierce all night and no way would Pierce have gotten 30+ against him, especially that last shot, Smith would have sent it into the seats!

Bosanac01 11-12-2008 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgiafan (Post 1310454)
Such a heart breaking loss, but when you think about it the fact we played them this close is a good sign. Josh Smith and Zaza hurt, Horford only playing 20 min. due to foul trouble. Joe was also off his game and we played back to back games. Still doesn't make the loss any better though

It's great to see Marvin auctally having a 3 point shot

It's great to see a number of players having a 3 point shot. Now we can drive and kick, unlike last year when only Joe johnson could hit threes.

d34ng3l021 11-13-2008 01:16 AM

You guys must be ridiculously happy. Falcons and Hawks are ridiculously hot right now.

I just want the Warriors to get Ellis back. We need a decent PG. I like what I have seen out of Brandan Wright though.

Also, the Sharks are tearing it up ;) They could take the ATL team anyday.

dunagan15 11-13-2008 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 (Post 1310642)
You guys must be ridiculously happy. Falcons and Hawks are ridiculously hot right now.

I just want the Warriors to get Ellis back. We need a decent PG. I like what I have seen out of Brandan Wright though.

Also, the Sharks are tearing it up ;) They could take the ATL team anyday.

Honestly, we Atlanta natives dont really care about Hockey ha

d34ng3l021 11-13-2008 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunagan15 (Post 1310655)
Honestly, we Atlanta natives dont really care about Hockey ha

Probably. San Jose is quite the hockey town.