Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   pacman reinstated...again (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27081)

dc22 11-19-2008 05:33 PM

pacman reinstated...again

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3713779

TitleTown088 11-19-2008 05:37 PM

How long until a " Pacman... Arrested again thread"?

What a joke.

dc22 11-19-2008 05:39 PM

isn't he gonna be banned if he gets arrested again

bantx 11-19-2008 05:40 PM

i dont think he got arrested last time

Everyone deserves a second chance!!! oh wait..

dc22 11-19-2008 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bantx (Post 1322787)
i dont think he got arrested last time

Everyone deserves a second chance!!! oh wait..

well if he violates his agreement

ChezPower4 11-19-2008 05:46 PM

A dumb move on the NFLs part, he'll get arrested again.... no doubt about it.

Starvsnr 11-19-2008 05:47 PM

Well I though the same thing about Ricky Williams, but I'm with you guys. He will be kicked out again.

Menardo75 11-19-2008 05:47 PM

If he does not get banned next time I will really wonder what Goodell is doing.

saintsfan912 11-19-2008 05:58 PM

With all the fines and suspensions Dictator Goodell is levying, why in the hell let a guy like that back in the league? Maybe he just hates the Cowboys and knows how bad Pacman sucks?

MetSox17 11-19-2008 06:32 PM

C'mon Pac, hang in there :)

captainjack27 11-19-2008 06:34 PM

Over/under anyone? I'll go with 3 weeks

D-Unit 11-19-2008 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menardo75 (Post 1322808)
If he does not get banned next time I will really wonder what Goodell is doing.

HA! Some of you fans still don't get it??? Goddell runs the league through Jerruh Jones! C'mon... WAKE UP!!! :p

This is good news for the Cowboys. Not great news, but certainly good news.

Jvig43 11-19-2008 07:17 PM

seriously wtf Goodell?

bigbluedefense 11-19-2008 07:22 PM

this could either be really good news or really bad news for the Cowboys.

on one hand you get a player who could technically improve their secondary if he gets up to speed

on the other hand he could never get up to speed all the while creating a season long distraction that will effect the team's focus.

personally, if i were the Cowboys, i wouldn't want him back.

bantx 11-19-2008 07:24 PM

What distraction is he going to cause? Its not like he'll go out onto the field and make it rain for no reason.

bigbluedefense 11-19-2008 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bantx (Post 1323035)
What distraction is he going to cause? Its not like he'll go out onto the field and make it rain for no reason.

the media is gonna constantly talk about it, ask players about it, ask coaches about it, jerry, etc.

its just a distraction. even talking about him is going to get the players tired after awhile.

why bring unnecessary drama to the team at a time when they can start peaking and catch a hot streak? its not worth it in my eyes.

its not like their 2 rooks are playing terribly. they can win without him.

its a risk/reward thing. personally, i wouldn't mess with karma, but whatever *shrug*

bantx 11-19-2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 1323050)
the media is gonna constantly talk about it, ask players about it, ask coaches about it, jerry, etc.

its just a distraction. even talking about him is going to get the players tired after awhile.

why bring unnecessary drama to the team at a time when they can start peaking and catch a hot streak? its not worth it in my eyes.

its not like their 2 rooks are playing terribly. they can win without him.

its a risk/reward thing. personally, i wouldn't mess with karma, but whatever *shrug*

Dallas has plenty of media attention already, and it doesnt look like it distracts them that much. With all the Romo and Jessica stuff being talked about and all. I like Adam as a player and I hope he will stay out of trouble.

bigbluedefense 11-19-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bantx (Post 1323063)
Dallas has plenty of media attention already, and it doesnt look like it distracts them that much. With all the Romo and Jessica stuff being talked about and all. I like Adam as a player and I hope he will stay out of trouble.

i can't bring myself to like the guy in any way, shape or form. he should be in prison.

i don't even know if he gives you more than Jenkins at this point either to be honest. He wasn't playing well this year, and will need to get back in football shape again.

D-Unit 11-19-2008 07:51 PM

BBD has a good point. No doubt his addition will garner more media attention.. and it might mess up the chemistry. However, I still think we're in the stages where we're still finding that chemistry. Nothing is set in stone and we are far from establishing a team identity as to what kind of team we are. So would there be a major shake up? Not sure. If he was going to be taking Terence Newman's spot in the starting line up, then yeah, I see the mess up of team chemistry. However, I don't see him being anything more than a nickel back or coming in and giving us the option of sliding Newman to NB, like he used to earlier in the year. Pacman showed me early in the year when he was playing that he was an asset to us on the field. Were people saying he was going to be a distraction then? Yep. Were the results on the field bad? Nope. Supposedly, it's supposed to be a distraction now, why would things be any different? To me, so long as he can do a good job on the field when his number is called, then I'm for it. Players who produce on the field are quickly accepted by teammates. Most players are pretty mature about it when asked about Pacman anyways.

The key here is if the media can get in the heads of the players. If they can, then this team doesn't have what it takes to do anything meaningful anyways.

I think the only person unhappy about his arrival is Alan Ball who will most likely get put back on the practice squad. :p

The real story here, is that there will always be self-righteous fans and individuals who often bring down the hammer hard on public figures who are caught in the wrong. They'll come especially hard when that public figure is undeserving of such grand reward after breaking the laws of ethics in our society. These fans are so quick to predict/desire failure and so quick to want the right to say that they knew it all along.

TO was supposed to hurt the Cowboys, Jessica Simpson was supposed to hurt the Cowboys, Tank Johnson was supposed to hurt the Cowboys, Pacman was supposed to hurt the Cowboys... the only things that have hurt the Cowboys are injuries, coaching and poor execution. Period.

gsorace 11-19-2008 08:03 PM

He was never convicted of anything, I never understood why he was suspended in the first place

CC.SD 11-19-2008 09:12 PM

I think at this point I am just done with Goodell.

ChezPower4 11-19-2008 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsorace (Post 1323166)
He was never convicted of anything, I never understood why he was suspended in the first place

Because it's bad PR for the NFL. All the media shows is pacman getting arrested and it damages the leagues image. I ask you, how often do you see breaking news on SportsCenter, where the story is about an NFL hosting a food drive or a fund raiser? Never. Because of Pacman's bad image when he breaks a mirror in a hotel it's national news.

If you were getting arrested 5 to 6 times a year would your job still keep you on it's staff? Even if you weren't convicted?

Menardo75 11-19-2008 09:26 PM

As the countdown to the next suspension begins....

LonghornsLegend 11-19-2008 09:33 PM

I guess you could say this whole thing started out better then before, now we have Pacman and an extra 5th from the Titans, in August we just had Pacman, so while he screwed up he got us an extra pick and is still on the roster.

I think that has ALOT to do with why Jerry brought him back, I would like more chemistry on this team personally but it's hard when the roster is changing so much, I voted NO to wanting him back this year because I'd rather the rooks get the reps...Pac is a fun guy to watch play, and he makes us better, but I don't feel like he should get rewarded to start over the rookies at this point, let him return punts and be the 5th DB.

He was starting to progress nicely before he was suspended, but now he's back so I'll take what we can get, but I'd much rather Jenkins take those lumps now and be that much more seasoned down the stretch.

CashmoneyDrew 11-19-2008 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChezPower4 (Post 1323373)
Because it's bad PR for the NFL. All the media shows is pacman getting arrested and it damages the leagues image. I ask you, how often do you see breaking news on SportsCenter, where the story is about an NFL hosting a food drive or a fund raiser? Never. Because of Pacman's bad image when he breaks a mirror in a hotel it's national news.

If you were getting arrested 5 to 6 times a year would your job still keep you on it's staff? Even if you weren't convicted?

It's too bad that people like hearing bad news over good news but that's just how it works. The saying in the media is, "If it bleeds, it leads". People like to hear about troublemaking/violence/bad news.