Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Chad Johnson Deactivated tonight (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27102)

tjsunstein 11-20-2008 10:51 AM

Chad Johnson Deactivated tonight

http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/11/20/john...tonights-game/

Quote:

Adam Schefter
Johnson deactivated for tonight’s game
Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Chad Johnson, Cincinnati Bengals

Got a call early this morning that Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson got into it last night with someone in the Cincinnati organization and left a team function.

Details were sparse and fluid and after reaching out to the Bengals, they released this statement:

“Bengals wide receiver Chad Ocho Cinco will be deactivated for tonight’s game at Pittsburgh, for violation of a team rule. The Bengals will have no further comment until after the game.”

Drama filled offseason.
QB gets hurt which leads to this down year for him.
Now this.
He's getting trade IMO

bantx 11-20-2008 11:06 AM

It would be great to have him in a Charger uniforms, i can only dream. :P

Rivers would slap him if he got out of line!

HawkeyeFan 11-20-2008 11:07 AM

Holt for C. Johnson!?!? ;)

Bucs_Rule 11-20-2008 11:08 AM

His trade value would have dropped a lot since last year.

HawkeyeFan 11-20-2008 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule (Post 1324233)
His trade value would have dropped a lot since last year.

Dante Hall for Chad Johnson?

ChezPower4 11-20-2008 11:10 AM

Maybe now Jerry Jones wishes he wouldn't have traded for Roy Williams.

bored of education 11-20-2008 11:14 AM

Stillers win by 30 plus pts :D

Jvig43 11-20-2008 11:19 AM

Whos Chad Johnson?

MetSox17 11-20-2008 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChezPower4 (Post 1324236)
Maybe now Jerry Jones wishes he wouldn't have traded for Roy Williams.

Roy Williams at 26 years old with waaaayyyyy less drama >>>>>>> 31 year old Chad Johnson with way too many problems.

Notredameleo 11-20-2008 11:25 AM

Im sure Jerry Jones is happy with the Roy trade. Roy is like five years younger and imo has more talent. Chad's trade value has gone down so much. Maybe a third rounder for him? MAYBE....

Bucs_Rule 11-20-2008 11:27 AM

His contract is now out of whack with his production.

MetSox17 11-20-2008 11:33 AM

Didn't the Deadskins offer two first rounders for him this off-season?

Yatta! 11-20-2008 11:36 AM

He'd still be a legit No.1 WR on a decent team. I don't think the Bengals are gonna get anything more than a 3rd for him now though.

tjsunstein 11-20-2008 12:05 PM

Jennings, Driver, Chad Johnson, Jordyzzz, James Jones? Now that's a 5 WR set.

I'm surprised they didn't refer to him as Ocho Cinco, even though I refuse to call him that.

PACKmanN 11-20-2008 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjsunstein (Post 1324312)
Jennings, Driver, Chad Johnson, Jordyzzz, James Jones? Now that's a 5 WR set.

I'm surprised they didn't refer to him as Ocho Cinco, even though I refuse to call him that.

no, no, and no. I don't want him one foot in the Packers locker room or meeting room.

619 11-20-2008 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetSox17 (Post 1324267)

Oh, those stubborn bungles ..... :rolleyes:

LonghornsLegend 11-20-2008 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetSox17 (Post 1324267)

Which is why the Bengals are stupid, you take that deal and run with it, he's a goner anyway, now it's just going to be way cheaper, he's already proven to be a distraction anyway.

He must of done something pretty bad, because "allegedly" he punched Marvin Lewis in the jaw at halftime of their playoff game, and he threw the entire team under the bus this past off-season, how much worse can you get?

Geo 11-20-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend (Post 1324325)
Which is why the Bengals are stupid, you take that deal and run with it, he's a goner anyway, now it's just going to be way cheaper, he's already proven to be a distraction anyway.

The one major problem with trading him to the Redskins last offseason is that it would have made them a laughing stock of a team and a franchise. They'd let that idiot dictate their organization, and screw up things for years to come if they came out looking like trampled dirt. How could remaining or future players have any respect for the organization, when they can just do what Chad did and bail on the team until they get out? That's no way to run a franchise.

That said though, it was such a good offer. I agree that they should have taken it, and tried to work it out afterwards. Selling it on the basis that Johnson was a cancer and needed to be removed, even though he would have got what he wanted.

Remember, Levi Jones wanted to get traded at the Draft too. He hasn't played very well this year, I believe.

LonghornsLegend 11-20-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo (Post 1324338)
The one major problem with trading him to the Redskins last offseason is that it would have made them a laughing stock of a team and a franchise. They'd let that idiot dictate their organization, and screw up things for years to come if they came out looking like trampled dirt. How could remaining or future players have any respect for the organization, when they can just do what Chad did and bail on the team until they get out? That's no way to run a franchise.

That said though, it was such a good offer. I agree that they should have taken it, and tried to work it out afterwards. Selling it on the basis that Johnson was a cancer and needed to be removed, even though he would have got what he wanted.

Remember, Levi Jones wanted to get traded at the Draft too. He hasn't played very well this year, I believe.

Well, it's tough for that to happen when you get 2 first rounders, and I highly doubt many players go to the lengths Chad did when trying to get moved, I agree they should of held firm but 2 first is a whole nother ball game.

That's a start to rebuilding that Defense to being respectable, and getting one distraction out of the team, I don't think there was anything wrong with trading a troubled player, every situation is different but this was one where moving him was the only option if you wanted to turn things around.

Holding him in Cincy might screw up things for Chad, but at the same time their screwing themselves, now they have to continually deal with him and his non production and loud mouth when they could of turned two 1st rounders into high quality, high motor defensive players for once.

themaninblack 11-20-2008 12:26 PM

Levi is a shadow of his former self and CJ has had ONE good game this season that I can think of off the top of my head.

Rookie Anthony Collins makes his debut tonight at LT against that Steeler pass rush. We have so many injuries/players out I'd be surprised if we even put up a TD.

CC.SD 11-20-2008 12:53 PM

Just in case anyone was actually thinking about watching this game, I guess.

Menardo75 11-20-2008 03:05 PM

I still don't think he will get traded imo.

Zyro_1014 11-20-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menardo75 (Post 1324673)
I still don't think he will get traded imo.

we will take him in Philly... :)

Menardo75 11-20-2008 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 (Post 1324706)
we will take him in Philly... :)

I'm sure you will. I doubt Mcnabb leaves as long as Andy is there.

Zyro_1014 11-20-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menardo75 (Post 1324794)
I'm sure you will. I doubt Mcnabb leaves as long as Andy is there.

oh he wont...and Ocho Cinco would be a great addition if he just shut up and played football