Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   2010 Pro Bowl to be played in Miami before Super Bowl (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28310)

illmatic74 12-29-2008 04:40 PM

2010 Pro Bowl to be played in Miami before Super Bowl

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3798734.

BlindSite 12-29-2008 04:42 PM

Not a bad idea. Not that great though, no time for all the cool challenges.

Dam8610 12-29-2008 04:43 PM

Let the beginning of the end of the Pro Bowl...begin.

CashmoneyDrew 12-29-2008 04:46 PM

The link takes me nowhere. But if true, this makes the pro bowl even more lame.

Twiddler 12-29-2008 04:46 PM

I like it. Like Goodell said, the timing of the Pro Bowl is rather anticlimactic. Obviously the players on the Super Bowl teams won't be participating but oh well.

Edit: Yeah, the link is bad. Here's the real one.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3798734

CashmoneyDrew 12-29-2008 04:49 PM

Well, there goes any chance of Super Bowl players playing in the pro bowl.

Menardo75 12-29-2008 04:51 PM

The move really does not make a lot of sense to me. I think less players will participate in it that way.

tjsunstein 12-29-2008 04:51 PM

Why the change?

Yatta! 12-29-2008 04:52 PM

How can we devalue the Probowl even more?
Easy not let players from the top 2 teams play.

Also how is this gonna affect voting? Will we just see loads of alternates get in.

tjsunstein 12-29-2008 04:55 PM

Players from playoff teams and even some non playoff team players will be tired/injured and players from the Super Bowl teams won't play.

BlindSite 12-29-2008 04:56 PM

Well a lot of guys from the SB teams won't be in there for starters and generally 3 or 4 from each team get voted in.

Geo 12-29-2008 04:58 PM

Yeah, I don't like this either.

The playoffs are great and then afterwards comes the Pro Bowl, a fun farewell to the season. And we've seen Super Bowl participants make it to the Pro Bowl, that's the best part because we get to see them in the light of their playing in the big game and they get to interact with other football players after their achievement. Just because Bob Kraft's Patriots never show up doesn't mean other players don't show up, give me a break.

Don't like this at all.

CC.SD 12-29-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo (Post 1393515)
Yeah, I don't like this either.

The playoffs are great and then afterwards comes the Pro Bowl, a fun farewell to the season. And we've seen Super Bowl participants make it to the Pro Bowl, that's the best part because we get to see them in the light of their playing in the big game and they get to interact with other football players after their achievement. Just because Bob Kraft's Patriots never show up doesn't mean other players don't show up, give me a break.

Don't like this at all.

Didn't the Patriots show up last year and get booed?

Anyway, this is beyond stupid. Play the pro bowl during the preseason of the next year, anything is better than this idea.

SuperKevin 12-29-2008 05:08 PM

I think I am more upset about this game not being played in Hawaii. I always thought that was pretty cool because you're pretty much guaranteed good weather.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES 12-29-2008 05:09 PM

yea this is dumb

CC.SD 12-29-2008 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperKevin (Post 1393544)
I think I am more upset about this game not being played in Hawaii. I always thought that was pretty cool because you're pretty much guaranteed good weather.

Yah there's a possibility of hurricane disrupting the game now. Yay. Has Goodell made a good move yet? It seems like every time he steps in or changes something it is ridiculous.

SuperKevin 12-29-2008 05:11 PM

I hate to say it but Goodell is killing the league right now. He's made some incredibly bad decisions since becoming commissioner.

vidae 12-29-2008 05:13 PM

This is really stupid. Not like I watched the Pro Bowl much anyway, but it was kind of neat to wrap up the season. Now too many will be sitting out, won't be quite as fun.

captainjack27 12-29-2008 05:23 PM

this eliminates any super bowl players from playing, i think the pro bowl is dumb anyway, but now it's even dumber.

Flyboy 12-29-2008 05:31 PM

LOL, this makes ZERO sense.

Twiddler 12-29-2008 05:32 PM

I don't see how this is so dumb but maybe its because I've never really been that interested in the Pro Bowl (although I'm iffy about it moving from Hawaii). But this way the NFL might be trying to use the Pro Bowl to essentially make the Super Bowl a week long event that starts with the Pro Bowl. This way they are also reaching football audiences right before the peak of their interest in the NFL, instead of after everything important is decided. Who knows though, maybe this will end up failing.

Dr. Gonzo 12-29-2008 05:35 PM

Goodell is such a horrible commish.

GB12 12-29-2008 05:49 PM

Wow, it seemed like last year everyone was saying how obvious this was and should have been done sooner. Now that it happens everyone hates it, go figure.

BuddyCHRIST 12-29-2008 05:55 PM

I don't like this at all, I like the idea of the Pro Bowl being a fun send off of the NFL season. I don't mind that everybody doesnt play as hard, because you can't expect them to, football is too physically taxing to expect guys to lay their bodies on the line for nothing. And this doesn't bother me, I like it more as like a care free event than the do or die crap the MLB tries to make it be. The NBA has got their all star stuff right by making it a weekend long party.

I also don't like it moving away from Hawaii, but thats less of an issue because I could understand them moving it around so more fans could attend.

BeerBaron 12-29-2008 06:10 PM

I don't mind it....the pro bowl is about half a joke anyway.

I wouldn't mind doing away with the actual game altogether anyway. Name the teams, send all the winners to Hawaii, and let them all participate in a skills competition. Have the QBs do the QB challenge, have receivers and running backs run an obstacle course and catch passes and race....stuff like that. have the lineman lift weights or something......

That way, we won't see 1200 alternates make it in because the guys who actually won don't really want to play another game.