Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Recruiting (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   The 2010 Recruiting Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29854)

Sniper 02-04-2009 07:58 PM

The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Let's do this.

Jeremy Jackson + Ricardo Miller = epic win.

Hollywood 02-04-2009 08:00 PM

Way too early and baseless prediction to laugh at in Feb. 2010:

Tennessee has the top class with Miami finishing second and the South Florida homers (like me) will complain way too loud that we really had the best class since we all know South Florida talent is the best.

iowatreat54 02-04-2009 08:00 PM

Andre Dawson and AJ Derby ftw!

BamaFalcon59 02-04-2009 08:07 PM

VT is gonna ball.

Nick Acree, Mark Shuman, and Zack McCray are all near locks and should all be top 100 players. Top 250 at minimum.

There are others, but it is too early to count my eggs.

We have a shot at Phillip Sims. Not a great one, but that could change if our offense shows signs of life this season.

We are going to dominate Virginia and Virginia recruiting like always, but this year could be special recruiting wise (and on the field, of course).

SuperKevin 02-04-2009 08:08 PM

Scripps Ranch HS RB Brennan Clay is one of my favorites in 2010. He's the best all purpose back in San Diego since Reggie Bush. I'm thinking he follows his teammate Tate Forcier out to Michigan but USC will be in the mix as well

Sniper 02-04-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperKevin (Post 1475007)
Scripps Ranch HS RB Brennan Clay is one of my favorites in 2010. He's the best all purpose back in San Diego since Reggie Bush. I'm thinking he follows his teammate Tate Forcier out to Michigan but USC will be in the mix as well

Yeah, he seems to really like Michigan. It's way early though. Right now he's listed as having high interest in Oregon and USC according to his Scout profile, so who knows.

sbh15 02-04-2009 08:34 PM

The SEC will have the top 4 top 10 classes - Florida, Tennessee, LSU, Bama

That's all I'm going to predict for now. Very timid projection, I know.

draftguru151 02-04-2009 08:37 PM

Hopefully Nix doesn't continue the trend of early committing studs to be an attention ***** for UM. :)

Newbs24 02-04-2009 08:39 PM

I was thinking this was going to be opened at 12:01 tonight but oh well.
-Love JJ and Ricardo to start the class.
-Need a dominant LB though.
-Lo Wood should drop very soon (whenever he visits).
-If we can get Marvin Robinson up here ASAP the same might happen with him as well, although I could see a Will Campbell-like recruitment with him.
-Brennan Clay and Nick Hill are 2 RBs I could definitely see as future Wolverines.
-Robert Crisp is THE OT I wnat for this class. Also wouldn't mind seeing James Hurst get an offer.
-Derrick Bryant as an early commit would help. So would Will Gholston waiting a while to decide.
-Need a good QB in this class as well. Gardner is my ideal pick but wouldn't mind a Malik Stokes/Stephen Morris combo.
-Dior Mathis should be fun to follow. Kid is REAL close with the Cass Tech kids. Might be a real good sign for us.

kwilk103 02-04-2009 08:43 PM

wouldnt be surprised if wvu got a committ this weekend at junior day

P-L 02-04-2009 09:04 PM

I'm going to try and not get too excited and keep things in perspective this year. With very few prospects committed, everyone seems to have pretty big lists. At this time last year, I admit I got caught up in thinking U-M had a much better chance some guys that were just interested in us. Just last February I felt that Michigan had a great chance to land guys like Russell Shepard, Dorian Bell, Craig Loston, Nu'Keese Richardson, and Chris Norman. We didn't end up getting a single one of those guys.

With that said, here is a more "conservative" guess at who we'll pull in for 2010:

Robert Bolden, QB, Orchard Lake (MI) St. Mary's
Austin White, RB, Livonia (MI) Stevenson
Ricardo Miller, WR, Orlando (FL) Dr. Phillips
Jeremy Jackson, WR, Ann Arbor (MI) Huron
Derrick Bryant, DE, Columbus (OH) Brookhaven
Daniel Easterly, LB, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech
Austin Gray, LB, Warren (MI) Fitzgerald
Lo Wood, CB, Apopka (FL) Apopka
Marvin Robinson, S, Eagle Lake (FL) Lake Region

Other guys we will be in the mix for:

Devin Gardner, QB, Inkster (MI) Inkster
Stephen Morris, QB, Miami (FL) Monsignor Pace
Malik Stokes, QB, Philadelphia (PA) Northeast
Brennan Clay, RB, San Diego (CA) Scripps Ranch
Kenny Shaw, WR, Orlando (FL) Dr. Phillips
William Gholston, DE, Detroit (MI) Southeastern
Cullen Christian, CB, Pittsburgh (PA) Penn Hills
Dior Mathis, CB, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech

BRAVEHEART 02-04-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperKevin (Post 1475007)

Dillion Baxter is the best SD RB since Bush, and Petey thinks so too.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recrui...n-Baxter-32042

P-L 02-04-2009 09:12 PM

That haircut disqualifies him from being the best "anything," lol.

BRAVEHEART 02-04-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P-L (Post 1475137)
That haircut disqualifies him from being the best "anything," lol.

If anything the HIGHTOP FADE (FTW) makes him more "aerodynamic", but he's cut it short as seen in the video I posted (probably because it gives him a schematic advantage);) .

draftguru151 02-04-2009 09:20 PM

Greg Timmons laughs at that pathetic excuse for hair.

BRAVEHEART 02-04-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151 (Post 1475164)
Greg Timmons laughs at that pathetic excuse for hair.

Timmons' HTF is all lopsided n'****. Seriously, dont sit there and say Dillon Baxter's hair aint long and luxurious when you know it is *****.;)

BamaFalcon59 02-04-2009 09:30 PM

Acree supposedly is going to start out at four stars.

For my money though, he would destroy any offensive lineman in the country if he wanted to. He's done it at every camp he has been too. So physically gifted.

Talk like this will be common over the next year. It will only increase as he hits the college ranks and then gos number one overall in the National Football League Draft.

Sniper 02-04-2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 (Post 1475194)

For my money though, he would destroy any offensive lineman in the country if he wanted to. He's done it at every camp he has been too. So physically gifted.

Talk like this will be common over the next year. It will only increase as he hits the college ranks and then gos number one overall in the National Football League Draft.

Good to see you're keeping the expectations modest for him.

sbh15 02-04-2009 09:35 PM

When are the new Rivals rankings going to come out?

BRAVEHEART 02-04-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 (Post 1475194)

Like I've said before, for somebody so big and muscular, he doesn't seem that strong, either that or he plays with poor leverage. He looks better at DE to me, but that's just my opinion.

BamaFalcon59 02-04-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNIPER26 (Post 1475206)
Good to see you're keeping the expectations modest for him.

Yeah.

It's hard, but I try. I'm also expecting a Ricky Williams type deal to trade up and get him. First rookie to get 100,000,000 dollars for a rookie contract. If they say no...well, they won't say no.

BamaFalcon59 02-04-2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART (Post 1475218)
Like I've said before, for somebody so big and muscular, he doesn't seem that strong, either that or he plays with poor leverage. He looks better at DE to me, but that's just my opinion.

Err, what? He fork lifted a kid at the All American combine and destroyed Robert Crisp.

As a sophmore he benched 425 and squated 575.

Coach Wiles and Coach Foster have been granted a massive amount of clay to mold.

JoeyJr09 02-04-2009 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbh15 (Post 1475207)
When are the new Rivals rankings going to come out?

About a month or two.

The take a few weeks to wrap this class and then another few weeks to wrap up the rankings for 2010.

BRAVEHEART 02-04-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 (Post 1475224)
Err, what? He fork lifted a kid at the All American combine and destroyed Robert Crisp.

As a sophmore he benched 425 and squated 575.

Coach Wiles and Coach Foster have been granted a massive amount of clay to mold.

He got worked by a a six foot 290 pound kid at the AJC, only beat him when he used his speed. When they went head up he couldn't overpower him.

Newbs24 02-04-2009 09:46 PM

Didn't Acree get stoned by some no name TWICE in San Antonio?

Would love to see Seantrel handle him just to shut VT people up.