Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Florida Gators Speed (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30553)

yourfavestoner 02-25-2009 09:49 PM

Florida Gators Speed
 
It deserves it's own thread. Some videos for you to enjoy:

Florida Gators: Speed Kills

Chris Rainey and Jeff Demps

Percy Harvin Freshman Year

Percy Harvin career highlights

Even haters can appreciate.

murdamal86 03-09-2009 08:01 PM

And to think that we should be even faster this season. *smh*

BBIB 03-21-2009 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdamal86 (Post 1538135)
And to think that we should be even faster this season. *smh*

You don't lose Percy Harvin and get faster.

But UF has plenty of burners in Demps, Rainey, Deonte Thompson, etc.

Hollywood 03-21-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBIB (Post 1558695)
You don't lose Percy Harvin and get faster.

But UF has plenty of burners in Demps, Rainey, Deonte Thompson, etc.

You fail by bumping this POS thread.

yourfavestoner 03-21-2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood (Post 1558720)
You fail by bumping this POS thread.

Best thread everzzzzzz

JRTPlaya21 03-21-2009 06:54 PM

Umm not. They are fast though.

TitanHope 03-21-2009 07:29 PM

Eric Berry > SEC Speedz!

It's all fun 'n games til EB round house kicks you into oblivion!!!

Also, I see flashes of Chris Johnson in Jeffery Demps...

sbh15 03-21-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanHope (Post 1559250)
Eric Berry > SEC Speedz!

It's all fun 'n games til EB round house kicks you into oblivion!!!

Also, I see flashes of Chris Johnson in Jeffery Demps...

Agreed. If he makes the NFL, he'll be a combination of the hobo's Chris Johnson and Darren Sproles.

TACKLE 03-21-2009 07:54 PM

Florida is a team full of track stars with only two real "football players".


sbh15 03-21-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TACKLE (Post 1559297)
Florida is a team full of track stars with only two real "football players".



TitanHope 03-21-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TACKLE
Florida is a team full of track stars with only two real "football players".:)

My friend, I would like to introduce you to Mr. Dunlap.



And Mr. Wright...




But yeah, other than that they sux! :D

yourfavestoner 03-21-2009 08:10 PM


yourfavestoner 03-21-2009 08:11 PM

Same picture, same time. Woah.

hockey619 10-13-2010 12:56 PM

Bump from way back.
Curious to know something about all these fast as hell guys:


Whos got the best shot to play in the NFL between:
Jeff Demps 5'8'' 190
Chris Rainey 5'9'' 180
Brandon James 5'7'' 185
Andre Debose 6' 190ish (i know he just saw his first significant time but from what youve seen/heard)

What position do you think they play or are they just future special teamers?

EDIT:
damn thought this was getting bumped into the draft forum. can someone move it?

BuddyCHRIST 10-13-2010 12:58 PM

Chris Rainey was fast at getting back on the field after getting suspended! All it took was 2 UF losses!

yourfavestoner 10-13-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST (Post 2334233)
Chris Rainey was fast at getting back on the field after getting suspended! All it took was 2 UF losses!

Pot, meet kettle.

yourfavestoner 10-13-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockey619 (Post 2334229)
Bump from way back.
Curious to know something about all these fast as hell guys:


Whos got the best shot to play in the NFL between:
Jeff Demps 5'8'' 190
Chris Rainey 5'9'' 180
Brandon James 5'7'' 185
Andre Debose 6' 190ish (i know he just saw his first significant time but from what youve seen/heard)

What position do you think they play or are they just future special teamers?

EDIT:
damn thought this was getting bumped into the draft forum. can someone move it?

Demps, Debose and Rainey have all had troubles with injuries. They'll get spot duty at RB/WR roles but will probably be relegated to mostly returnmen. I like Demps the best out of all of them to have a significant impact in the NFL.

BuddyCHRIST 10-13-2010 02:36 PM

Laugh, I'd like to see one recent example of a FSU player doing anything remotely close to threatening to murder someone and then coming back 2 weeks later.

You can't even defend UF or Urban here, UF has 3x the arrests of FSU since Meyer took over.

yourfavestoner 10-13-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST (Post 2334377)
Laugh, I'd like to see one recent example of a FSU player doing anything remotely close to threatening to murder someone and then coming back 2 weeks later.

You can't even defend UF or Urban here, UF has 3x the arrests of FSU since Meyer took over.

Apparently, you didn't see the post I made to you in the other thread since you were too busy sitting on your high horse.

None of the Florida programs have any room to throw stones around in their glass houses. They're all dirty programs.

Now go help a few kids with room temperature IQs get a college degree for free because they run fast.

LizardState 10-13-2010 07:20 PM

The Gators have been putting track stars on the gridiron forever. You prepare for the Gators by teaching your team to never run wide with them, they always beat you to the corner.

It's a long tradition dating back to the 70s with Houston McTear, who was a world class Olympic sprinter

BuddyCHRIST 10-13-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourfavestoner (Post 2334478)
Apparently, you didn't see the post I made to you in the other thread since you were too busy sitting on your high horse.

None of the Florida programs have any room to throw stones around in their glass houses. They're all dirty programs.

Now go help a few kids with room temperature IQs get a college degree for free because they run fast.

Or because it still doesn't address that no one is even close with UF when it comes to off the field issues.

And your last quote just comes off as stupid. Thats the whole idea of athletic scholarships, helping kids get degrees who might not have been given a chance to before. You act like that is a bad thing.

SickwithIt1010 10-13-2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST (Post 2334850)
Or because it still doesn't address that no one is even close with UF when it comes to off the field issues.

And your last quote just comes off as stupid. Thats the whole idea of athletic scholarships, helping kids get degrees who might not have been given a chance to before. You act like that is a bad thing.

That is total bull ****, they pay for your schooling because you are an athlete....but you still have to be able to make it into school academically for **** sake. Some of the guys in FSU's football program could barely make it out of 3rd grade.

I swear, listening to Antonio Cromartie talk makes you stupider....


....see

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 10-14-2010 12:07 AM

Speed kills...

Time to die.

Rabscuttle 10-15-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 (Post 2334869)
That is total bull ****, they pay for your schooling because you are an athlete....but you still have to be able to make it into school academically for **** sake. Some of the guys in FSU's football program could barely make it out of 3rd grade.

I swear, listening to Antonio Cromartie talk makes you stupider....


....see

We know he can't read the instructions on a condom package.


FWIW, I think they accept some players with learning disabilities which isn't a bad thing. The fact that some of them don't seem to progress academically during their time there would be the issue.

yourfavestoner 10-15-2010 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabscuttle (Post 2336466)
We know he can't read the instructions on a condom package.


FWIW, I think they accept some players with learning disabilities which isn't a bad thing. The fact that some of them don't seem to progress academically during their time there would be the issue.

Lol, this went beyond a few disabled kids not progressing. They uncovered institution-wide academic fraud. Every single sports program, from football to women's cross country, was forced to vacate victories.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.