Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2010 Eagles Draft (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33300)

Todd Bertuzzi 04-26-2009 07:44 PM

2010 Eagles Draft
 
Discuss it in this thread.

eaglesalltheway 04-26-2009 10:34 PM

Only 364 days away!!! Honestly, I don't know who we would even pick...

Todd Bertuzzi 04-26-2009 10:36 PM

Well at the moment we really don't have any big needs so it really is hard to say who we would take.

eaglesalltheway 04-26-2009 10:48 PM

As long as it isn't Tim Tebow:D...

cunningham06 04-27-2009 03:53 AM

Well, the only position I can see becoming a big need for us next year is RT because I do not trust Stacy Andrews there at all. Maybe he will do well there this season, but I definitely think he has one of the better chances to underperform at his position. There should be plenty of good tackle prospects available next year.

Another possibility is safety. Sean Jones is not a long term solution, and we should be able to tell definitively whether Quentin Demps is the future at FS. If the team doesn't bring back Jones and isn't sold on Demps, then a player such as Taylor Mays would be really attractive.

The third possibility as I see it is at CB. Sheldon Brown will most likely be gone after this season which will leave us with Asante Samuel, Joselio Hanson, Jack Ikegwuonu, and Ellis Hobbs who is already complaining about not making enough money. I do not trust Hobbs at all for one because he was a Patriot, and two because he's complaining this early. If the worst case scenario played out and Sheldon and Hobbs are gone then I could see us going CB since I like Joselio at nickelback much more than as a starter.

eaglesalltheway 04-27-2009 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cunningham06 (Post 1633119)
Well, the only position I can see becoming a big need for us next year is RT because I do not trust Stacy Andrews there at all. Maybe he will do well there this season, but I definitely think he has one of the better chances to underperform at his position. There should be plenty of good tackle prospects available next year.

Another possibility is safety. Sean Jones is not a long term solution, and we should be able to tell definitively whether Quentin Demps is the future at FS. If the team doesn't bring back Jones and isn't sold on Demps, then a player such as Taylor Mays would be really attractive.

The third possibility as I see it is at CB. Sheldon Brown will most likely be gone after this season which will leave us with Asante Samuel, Joselio Hanson, Jack Ikegwuonu, and Ellis Hobbs who is already complaining about not making enough money. I do not trust Hobbs at all for one because he was a Patriot, and two because he's complaining this early. If the worst case scenario played out and Sheldon and Hobbs are gone then I could see us going CB since I like Joselio at nickelback much more than as a starter.

Depending on how well Akeem Jordan does this season, I think WILL could be a position of need, but we typically don't address LB early. I agree about RT, but with Herremans and Shawn all capable of playing there, I doubt we go RT early. I agree on safety, it depends on what the team does with Sean Jones and how they feel about Demps. Personally, I think the team will be more than fine with either combination. I doubt CB is addressed early unless Hobbs isn't re-signed and Sheldon is traded. Asante is still here and we've got Hanson (who I agree is best suited as a Nickel) and Ike, who the coaches seem to love. I'm not sure they love him enough to not take a CB early though, especially since CB is one of the priority positions.

If Kolb gets any time and doesn't perform well, I wouldn't rule out the team doing away with that experiment.

JackieDan 04-27-2009 07:52 AM

What picks have we got next year? I lost track of what we traded for in the draft.

Todd Bertuzzi 04-27-2009 03:29 PM

We got Seattle's 3rd and 5th I believe. Can't remember if we got anything else.

Sniper 04-27-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway (Post 1632588)
As long as it isn't Tim Tebow:D...

We need Tebow!!!!!! He's awesome.

Eric Berry kthxbai.

JHG722 04-27-2009 05:17 PM

Tim Tebow in midnight green, please god, please.

Thumper 04-27-2009 09:47 PM

Give me a RB! I love LeSean and Westy but Westy is giving out and McCoy seems to me like a guy who would explode if he was in a two back system system. Jonathan Dwyer, Evan Royster, LeGarrette Blount or Charles Scott please!

Todd Bertuzzi 04-27-2009 09:47 PM

Noel Devine FTW!

Sniper 04-27-2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 1634875)
McCoy seems to me like a guy who would explode if he was in a system.

I don't get it. McCoy is in the best system for him.

Thumper 04-27-2009 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper (Post 1634977)
I don't get it. McCoy is in the best system for him.

lol meant to say two back system where there is a guy who can pound the defense and then he steps in and just burns them.

Sniper 04-27-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 1635070)
lol meant to say two back system where there is a guy who can pound the defense and then he steps in and just burns them.

I see. I agree with that. I think he's going to have a big year (for a backup) this year. An early prediction from me is 800 total yards and 9 TD.

eaglesalltheway 04-28-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi (Post 1633892)
We got Seattle's 3rd and 5th I believe. Can't remember if we got anything else.

We also got either New Orleans or Indy's 6th, cant remember who. And we have that comnditional for Lito from the Jets.

That conditional, it ranges from a 4th to a 2nd, right?

eaglesalltheway 04-28-2009 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper (Post 1633911)
We need Tebow!!!!!! He's awesome.

Eric Berry kthxbai.

I hope to god you are joking about Tebow, we already have a FB;)...

Eric Berry will go too high for our pick, barring some crazy accident...

eaglesalltheway 04-28-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 1634875)
Give me a RB! I love LeSean and Westy but Westy is giving out and McCoy seems to me like a guy who would explode if he was in a two back system system. Jonathan Dwyer, Evan Royster, LeGarrette Blount or Charles Scott please!

I love Evan Royster! as a PSU fan I've seen every game and this kid is going to be a great RB in the NFL. He won't time exceptionally fast, he may not even test out as a freak, but this kid is a flat out player, and will be a great RB. He would compliment McCoy well, but I doubt we go RB early, which is where Royster will go, assuming he declares. We won't address Rb early two years in a row, unless there is some crazy situation.

eaglesalltheway 04-28-2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper (Post 1634977)
I don't get it. McCoy is in the best system for him.

This is his best system, but I think he means that McCoy will benefit from having his touches split. I wouldn't mind another RB early, unless McCoy shows us something crazy and we wouldn't need it, but I certainly wouldn't put RB high on the priority list. Another RB would be more for when Westy leaves and the two (future RB and McCoy) could split touches, thus getting the max out of both of them.

eaglesalltheway 04-28-2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper (Post 1635074)
I see. I agree with that. I think he's going to have a big year (for a backup) this year. An early prediction from me is 800 total yards and 9 TD.

I'd agree with that. At first I say the 800 and thought no way he rushes for that much, but 800 rushing+receiving yards is easily within the realm of possibilities. I think it could even be more if Westy would miss a game or two. 9 TDs might be a little much though. He is money in goal line situations though, so maybe 9 is possible.

I predict he will have one totally monster game this season, bordering 100 rushing yards and 75 receiving yards, and will total 3 TDs.

Sniper 04-28-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway (Post 1635904)
I hope to god you are joking about Tebow, we already have a FB;)...

I'm not. I think that Scott Loeffler will help Tebow a lot with his release, and he has enough raw talent to go in the first. Yeah yeah, his release is slow, he throwing motion sucks, blah blah blah. He also happens to have two NCs, a Heisman etc... He has 67 career TD passes with just 11 INT. I think that a year with Loeffler will do wonders for him. The guy wins, is a true leader and his character probably outweighs his talent, which is saying a lot.

Quote:

Eric Berry will go too high for our pick, barring some crazy accident...
Eric Berry is the type of player you trade up for.

Sniper 04-28-2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway (Post 1635920)
I'd agree with that. At first I say the 800 and thought no way he rushes for that much, but 800 rushing+receiving yards is easily within the realm of possibilities. I think it could even be more if Westy would miss a game or two. 9 TDs might be a little much though. He is money in goal line situations though, so maybe 9 is possible.

I predict he will have one totally monster game this season, bordering 100 rushing yards and 75 receiving yards, and will total 3 TDs.

Well, he had 36 total touchdowns in two years, so I think 9 is definitely possible. He'll also have a hell of a lot more to work with than he did at Pitt.

eaglesalltheway 04-28-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper (Post 1635936)
I'm not. I think that Scott Loeffler will help Tebow a lot with his release, and he has enough raw talent to go in the first. Yeah yeah, his release is slow, he throwing motion sucks, blah blah blah. He also happens to have two NCs, a Heisman etc... He has 67 career TD passes with just 11 INT. I think that a year with Loeffler will do wonders for him. The guy wins, is a true leader and his character probably outweighs his talent, which is saying a lot.



Eric Berry is the type of player you trade up for.

Maybe if Tebow starts showing more of those things this season I'll change my tune, but as of now, he is a no want in my book. Its not a knock on him as a player or person at all. As has been said billions of times, his intangibles are the best of anyone in the history of college football, and he is a natural born leader. I love those attributes. But as of now, there are at least 4 or 5 QBs I'd take over him.

I don't think any team has traded from 32 up to 1 before...;). Maybe the Eagles are the first. I love Eric Berry, and if Sean Jones doesn't pan out, I'd love him as a pick, I just think its very unlikely we are in a postion to draft him.

eaglesalltheway 04-28-2009 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper (Post 1635940)
Well, he had 36 total touchdowns in two years, so I think 9 is definitely possible. He'll also have a hell of a lot more to work with than he did at Pitt.

Its not a knock on his talent at all. Its more of a compliment to the talent around him. There are so many playmakers on this offense that his opportunities to score will be limitted.

Dr. Greenthumb 04-30-2009 11:30 AM

It's hard to tell at this point but right now I'd say it looks like linebacker might be a need, possibly interior offensive lineman or safety. Sean Weatherspoon, Rico McCoy, and Eric Barry all come to mind.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.