Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   AFC East Division Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Best LB in Division (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34134)

The Great Jonathan Vilma 06-07-2009 12:24 PM

Best LB in Division

Who do you guys believe it the best LB in the division?

Forgive me if I missed someone who is worthy, i'm just throwing this out quickly before heading out.

Jarod Mayo - Quickly established himself as one of the bright young stars at the inside linebacker position. He has great speed, reliable tackler, and is smart. Great upside.

Adalius Thomas - Versatile, versatile, versatile. He was injured last year, so his impact was reduced, but he can do a bit of everything, and does it at a high level.

Joey Porter - GREAT bounce-back year after appearing to be a bust signing. He was a force for the Dolphins last year and has been a very good LB for a long time. An emotional leader. How much does he have left?

Paul Pozluzny - Solid, but not spectacular, he is a reliable guy who is at the heart of that defense. Still young.

Kavika Mitchell - Why is he on this list? I think he is an underrated talent. He was very good last year, made plays, is a punishing hitter, can blitz, and plays with emotion. I don't see him winning this, but he deserves some recognition from what i've seen.

Bart Scott - New to the division, he has been under Ray Lewis' shadow for a number of years. He is violent and wants to punish opponents.

David Harris - Made an instant impact as a rookie, and but last year came back down to earth as he experienced some injury issues. He has been a tackling machine when healthy, and can lay the lumber. Still young.

Calvin Pace - Bloated contract, but a very good player who has done a bit of everything since coming to the Jets. May get compared to his contract, but he is an above average defender on the outside.

Feel free to comment if you believe someone else is worthy. Got to run.

superman8456 06-07-2009 01:43 PM

Jerod Mayo or Bart Scott are the only really two choices here. Mayo has only been in the league one year though.

The Great Jonathan Vilma 06-07-2009 05:50 PM

So who you got out of those two then?

I didn't want to exclude any possible options, and i'm not sure if it is THAT clear cut. There are some other strong players in the list. Thomas was injured, but is a very good player. Harris was injured much of last year but has showed great potential. Porter was a monster last year....depends what you are looking for.

I don't want to provide the first vote.

AntoinCD 06-08-2009 07:34 AM

I absolutely hate the guy but with 16 sacks last year with no help it has to be Porter for now. If he can stay around the 12-14 sack level it will be a great feat though given his age. I need another year to make a real judgement on Mayo at this level and im interested to see how Scott does without being beside Ray Ray. The others probably dont deserve to be on the list although Thomas can offer a lot and Harris is a great thumper

Don Vito 06-08-2009 06:16 PM

Joey Porter had a great season in Miami last year, but I think if Adailus is healthy for a whole year it is him. Porter, Mayo, Thomas, Scott, Harris, Pace, and Crowder are all legit but I'm hesitant to give it to Porter because I don't think he will have as good of a season this year and I just don't like the guy.

SuperMcGee 06-09-2009 12:31 AM

I feel that Scott isn't as great as some others think he is. Porter had a great year as a dynamite pass rusher. I think he had ten sacks against the division alone. I would put it between him and Thomas right now, but Thomas takes it for me.
Mayo, Posluszny, and Harris all have just about a year each of actual starting experience. Still a lot to see with these guys, although I don't think Poz can be as impactful as the other two at the top of their games.

Rob S 07-15-2009 02:21 PM

Right now you need to give it to Porter based on his numbers imo, but if you ask me to choose one guy for my team, its Thomas as I think he is the most talented guy.

BuffaloBillsFan 11-03-2009 03:32 PM

Depends on the system, the system is crucial. Joey Porter got my vote, because overall he is the most talented LB on that list, however, he wouldn't be very good in the 4-3.

SenorGato 02-25-2010 11:28 AM

Pace or Harris right now.

Calvin Pace is the most underrated player on this team...one of the more unheralded in the league.

gsorace 02-26-2010 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SenorGato (Post 2034472)
Harris right now.

David Harris is the most underrated player on this team...one of the more unheralded in the league.

Fixed it for you.

Pace is a solid player, but isn't really anything special.

SuperMcGee 02-26-2010 07:52 PM

Undoubtedly David Harris at this point. We'll see what Mayo can do with a fully healhty year, but its no contest right now.

thebow305 03-21-2010 10:25 AM

Karlos Dansby. kbye. :)

gsorace 03-21-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebow305 (Post 2079713)

It's still David Harris by a lot.

AntoinCD 04-03-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsorace (Post 2079749)
It's still David Harris by a lot.

A lot??? Harris is a pretty good player but really, A lot???

Id say its

Harris
Dansby
Mayo
Scott

The rest way down here

If he can stay healthy and keep improving then Mayo goes top because he is undoubtedley the most talented

gsorace 04-04-2010 12:37 PM

The only 3-4 ILB I would take over Harris is Patrick Willis

AntoinCD 04-05-2010 08:16 AM

I would be inclined to agree there but there is a huge drop off after Willis and a few players close to Harris.

BallerT1215 04-12-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebow305 (Post 2079713)

Just cause you paid 194 millions for him doesnt shoot up up to #1. Your Welcome.