Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bears Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Bears vs. Lions, Round 1 (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35696)

awfullyquiet 10-03-2009 04:33 PM

Bears vs. Lions, Round 1

Say.

No one has any thoughts on this right?

I say: Good thing were getting Clark back. His routes suck, but he's better at blocking than Olsen.

Gay Ork Wang 10-03-2009 04:42 PM

Im eager to see jamal williams

awfullyquiet 10-03-2009 05:17 PM

THE FUTURE.

really. we need some top level LB talent again. I don't know if Williams and Roach are the it guys yet.

Haven't seen anything from them yet.

SINCE1978 10-03-2009 10:07 PM

Are you guys satisfied with Orlando Pace's play? Just curious ...
and are there talks to move Chris Williams over to LT ... maybe next year if Pace retires?

Bearsfan123 10-04-2009 01:27 AM

ill be at the game!! As far as Pace, no he has not shown anything so far.

awfullyquiet 10-04-2009 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SINCE1978 (Post 1820434)
Are you guys satisfied with Orlando Pace's play? Just curious ...
and are there talks to move Chris Williams over to LT ... maybe next year if Pace retires?

I HOPE thats' the plan... Pace looks... Slow. He's not bad, he's just, average at best.

sweetness34 10-04-2009 07:52 PM

Pace played pretty well today, but the OL as a unit still didn't execute. Apart from 2 big runs by Forte, the run blocking was still pathetic. They didn't pick up the blitzes very well either.

Olin Kruetz stepping on Cutler's foot at the 1 yard line? That just cannot happen. If by some miracle we can get the OL to be somewhat consistent in pass/run blocking, I will feel much more confident about our chances from here on out. As or right now though, the OL is a major problem that needs to be fixed.

bearsfan_51 10-04-2009 08:51 PM

3-1 is nice.

awfullyquiet 10-05-2009 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetness34 (Post 1822127)
Pace played pretty well today, but the OL as a unit still didn't execute. Apart from 2 big runs by Forte, the run blocking was still pathetic. They didn't pick up the blitzes very well either.

Olin Kruetz stepping on Cutler's foot at the 1 yard line? That just cannot happen. If by some miracle we can get the OL to be somewhat consistent in pass/run blocking, I will feel much more confident about our chances from here on out. As or right now though, the OL is a major problem that needs to be fixed.

Yeah, It doesn't hurt that Detroits Defense is awful... The OL is having so much problem finishing blocks against mediocre defenders... and Forte can't run with 8 in the box? Unacceptable.

bigbluedefense 10-05-2009 01:22 PM

Matt Forte is killing my fantasy team. Granted, I know there are issues with the oline and Ron Turner is Ron Turner, but is it just me or does Forte also look a little slower this year?

Is he nursing any injuries?

awfullyquiet 10-05-2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 1823184)
Matt Forte is killing my fantasy team. Granted, I know there are issues with the oline and Ron Turner is Ron Turner, but is it just me or does Forte also look a little slower this year?

Is he nursing any injuries?

He might be. I know he's taking an Ice Bath right now, but that's nothing out of the ordinary. I don't think he's lost speed, but maybe reaction time in hitting the correct hole... and most of the time there isn't a correct hole in his case... He can't bounce outside. We're also running a lot less of the bread and butter running plays without a REAL blocking tight end in the lineup.

I think we've ran 2 power-I's in the past 3 weeks, more singleback formations to put our 3 best receivers on the field. Which is a problem...

bigbluedefense 10-05-2009 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awfullyquiet (Post 1823207)
He might be. I know he's taking an Ice Bath right now, but that's nothing out of the ordinary. I don't think he's lost speed, but maybe reaction time in hitting the correct hole... and most of the time there isn't a correct hole in his case... He can't bounce outside. We're also running a lot less of the bread and butter running plays without a REAL blocking tight end in the lineup.

I think we've ran 2 power-I's in the past 3 weeks, more singleback formations to put our 3 best receivers on the field. Which is a problem...

Hmm, i see.

What concerned me was the long run against Detroit, he looked gassed, or slow or something. The Forte of last year takes it to the house, but for some reason he looked kinda slow on that run.

So I was concerned whether he was hurt, or maybe the # of carries from last year has taken a toll on his body or what.

sweetness34 10-05-2009 04:56 PM

Maybe that hamstring isn't totally healthy. He tweaked it in mini-camp.

I also think that he's hesitant because he has no idea where the hole is/might be.