Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Brian Westbrook Number 2 Player i would take (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3844)

FloridaFootball 03-13-2007 04:36 PM

Brian Westbrook Number 2 Player i would take

If We had a NFL draft and it was strictly for runningbacks, the number one would go LT, But then..Could number 2 go WestBrook? KEEP IN MIND THIS IS NOT RANKING RUNNINGBACKS THIS IS WHO YOU WOULD TAKE, I KNOW LARRY JOHNSON IS A BETTER R-U-N-N-I-N-G BACK BUT WESTBROOK IS MORE VERSITALE AND THE SECOND BIGGEST WEAPON IN THE NFL YOU CAN HAVE IN YOUR BACKFIELD, agree?

Shiver 03-13-2007 04:36 PM

I would take Steven Jackson over either of them.

Eaglez.Fan 03-13-2007 04:39 PM

Well I'd go with Bush because of age and versitlity. Jackson would be high also, LT and West would also be up there.

If it's this year LT, then Larry Johnson then West for me

fenikz 03-13-2007 04:41 PM

i would pick them in this order

LT
LJ
Steven Jackson
Frank Gore
Shaun Alexander
Reggie Bush
Brian Westbrook

TacticaLion 03-13-2007 04:42 PM

I'm not gonna lie... i'd draft Jones-Drew over either of them. This kid is going to be GREAT! Just a fast, quick, hard running back... with great character.

bsaza2358 03-13-2007 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenikz (Post 215765)
i would pick them in this order

LT
LJ
Steven Jackson
Frank Gore
Shaun Alexander
Reggie Bush
Brian Westbrook

I like that list, though Gore has to go below all of them due to his knee and shoulder injury history. 1 good season doesn't make him that valuable...

niel89 03-13-2007 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TacticaLion (Post 215769)
I'm not gonna lie... i'd draft Jones-Drew over either of them. This kid is going to be GREAT! Just a fast, quick, hard running back... with great character.

plus he is a good returner and can catch out of the backfield

ninerfan 03-13-2007 05:30 PM

Reggie, Mo, Maroney have chance to be great

Jensen 03-13-2007 05:47 PM

Steven Jackson before anybody else besides LT.

TheChampIsHere 03-13-2007 06:50 PM

Yeah Reggie would without a doubt be my pick as the second best offensive weapon at HB. With LT of course being 1st. I could definetely see an argument being made for Westbrook as 2 or 3 though, he is a versatile player and a playmaker who you can build an offense around. There are of course guys like LJ and Steven jackson who are workhorse backs...It depends on what kind of offense you run.

bored of education 03-13-2007 07:04 PM

Check the Sig.

toonsterwu 03-13-2007 07:08 PM

I'll jump on Steven Jackson next. No, he doesn't have burner speed but that's about the only knock against him, if it's even a knock. If he continues developing, he'll be a monster.

OhioState 03-13-2007 07:13 PM

i also like steven jackson alot but no one can say he is better than LT

Rob S 03-13-2007 07:16 PM

Your crazy.....LJ should easily go above him. And if versatility is what ur going for, Reggie Bush is younger and will be better very soon.

toonsterwu 03-13-2007 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhioState (Post 216254)
i also like steven jackson alot but no one can say he is better than LT

I don't think anyone's saying anyone is better than LT. More of discussing who's the next best ...

toonsterwu 03-13-2007 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob S (Post 216263)
Your crazy.....LJ should easily go above him. And if versatility is what ur going for, Reggie Bush is younger and will be better very soon.

Easily? I don't see easily. I can certainly make a case for LJ as well, but Steven had more total yards last year and played behind a very young OL that was still learning things. He's a better receiver than LJ, which isn't a knock on LJ, but praise for SJ.

bored of education 03-13-2007 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob S (Post 216263)

I hope your referring to westbrook..not the Armadillo

GermanSaint 03-13-2007 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaFootball (Post 215745)
If We had a NFL draft and it was strictly for runningbacks, the number one would go LT, But then..Could number 2 go WestBrook? KEEP IN MIND THIS IS NOT RANKING RUNNINGBACKS THIS IS WHO YOU WOULD TAKE, I KNOW LARRY JOHNSON IS A BETTER R-U-N-N-I-N-G BACK BUT WESTBROOK IS MORE VERSITALE AND THE SECOND BIGGEST WEAPON IN THE NFL YOU CAN HAVE IN YOUR BACKFIELD, agree?

Deuce , cause he brings so much on the table. locker room , community , great character , well rounded , power and yards. he has no real weakness

JoeMontainya 03-13-2007 08:00 PM

Obviously LT is better. But Steven Jackson rushing stats were better, and surprisingly his recieving stats were alot better aswell.

jetsfan3 03-13-2007 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GermanSaint (Post 216442)
Deuce , cause he brings so much on the table. locker room , community , great character , well rounded , power and yards. he has no real weakness

You win the award for biggest homer post of the year.

TNewFan41 03-13-2007 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiver (Post 215751)
I would take Steven Jackson over either of them.

Amen to that.

Beans 03-13-2007 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaFootball (Post 215745)

Calm the hell down.

I'd prolly take... Caddilac?? I dunno, its hard to pick after LT.

GermanSaint 03-13-2007 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetsfan3 (Post 216495)
You win the award for biggest homer post of the year.

oh yeah thats pretty objectiv to hear that from a jets fan . sorry that i like the complete package of deuce ... yes im a homer cause i dont know better bout deuce ... :o

yourfavestoner 03-13-2007 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere (Post 216178)
Yeah Reggie would without a doubt be my pick as the second best offensive weapon at HB. With LT of course being 1st. I could definetely see an argument being made for Westbrook as 2 or 3 though, he is a versatile player and a playmaker who you can build an offense around. There are of course guys like LJ and Steven jackson who are workhorse backs...It depends on what kind of offense you run.

Why would you take Bush over Westbrook when he doesn't do anything better than him? If anything, Westbrook is the player that Reggie Bush one day hopes to be.

jetsfan3 03-13-2007 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GermanSaint (Post 216538)
oh yeah thats pretty objectiv to hear that from a jets fan . sorry that i like the complete package of deuce ... yes im a homer cause i dont know better bout deuce ... :o

Yes but how can you possibly take Deuce over Jackson, Westbrook, Gore, LJ, and others. Heck, Deuce may not even be the best RB (When I say RB I don't mean just as a runner) on your team!