Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   AFC West Division Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Who Is The Favorite In The AFC West for 2010-2011 season? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38639)

raiderchampion3 02-15-2010 08:39 PM

Who Is The Favorite In The AFC West for 2010-2011 season?

If you look at all the teams in the division the Chargers are the class but I personally believe the Raiders are not that far off. The Raiders need a QB and they need to fix the trenches and they will in fact overtake the Chargers and the Broncos and Chiefs have a long ways to go because they have needs across the board? what do you guys think?

vikes_28 02-15-2010 08:45 PM

i'm not sure this is the right place for this thread. But I'd still give it to the Chargers.

thenewfeature06 02-15-2010 08:53 PM

chargers are def the favorites even w.o lt, darkhorse is oakland :D

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 02-15-2010 08:58 PM

Funny, because the Broncos with trench help and a new QB>>>>>>>>>>the Raiders with same. Broncos don't even need a new QB that much. Raiders always seem to be the dark horse and always come up short. Raiders might actually do it this year, but they're far more likely to take their usual place right behind San Diego and Denver.

Job 02-15-2010 09:12 PM

Maybe, just maybe we should wait after the draft and free agency. I don't know.

Saints-Tigers 02-15-2010 09:13 PM

How many teams wouldn't be a favorite for top of the division if you improve them in the trenches and at QB?

TitanHope 02-15-2010 09:15 PM

It's undoubtedly the Chargers, but I do think the other 3 teams can improve and make the division more competitive than it was last year.

keylime_5 02-15-2010 09:23 PM

Chargers with Phiip Rivers and all that talent he has to throw to. If Denver plays like they did in the first half of 2009 then they can definitely win it. Chiefs need to find some kind of run defense and need to see Cassel not suck before they can start thinking about winning division titles again.

tjsunstein 02-15-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers (Post 2017941)
How many teams wouldn't be a favorite for top of the division if you improve them in the trenches and at QB?

The Raiders come to mind.

1. Chargers (11-5)
2. Chiefs (8-8)
3. Broncos (7-9)
4. Raiders (6-10)

I expect it to be pretty competitive in 2010 between within the division.

raiderchampion3 02-15-2010 09:38 PM

You think the Raiders are the worst in the division I don' think so?

Stash 02-15-2010 10:23 PM

At this point it would be the Chargers at the top and Broncos 2nd with the Raiders and Chiefs battling for 3rd. But that's all pretty obvious because the season just ended and there haven't been many major changes. Once the draft and FA are over we'll have a better idea of who improved the most. Unfortunately for me and other Raider fans we have Al Davis making our decisions so I'm not all that confident.

Bengalsrocket 02-15-2010 10:36 PM

If we're actually going to keep this topic up, I'm going to go ahead and say I also think the Raiders are worst in the division.

They have a good amount of talent, but their leadership is awful. That starts with the owner and trickles all the way down to the coaches and staff. It's possible they don't even have a leader amongst the players on the field.

You could have the best team ever but if you don't guide them in the right direction then it doesn't matter.

frubulubu 02-15-2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjsunstein (Post 2017967)
The Raiders come to mind.

1. Chargers (11-5)
2. Chiefs (8-8)
3. Broncos (7-9)
4. Raiders (6-10)

I expect it to be pretty competitive in 2010 between within the division.

Chiefs 8-8? C'mon man!

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 02-15-2010 10:53 PM

I see the Chiefs as a 6 win team next year, TBH. To me, they're still one more year away from contention, provided they continue to move in the right direction. They could still finish 2nd, but that would require a godawful Broncos season which will hopefully end with the firing of McDaniels.

Raiders are tough to point out, they could conceivably get 8 wins, but they don't have the foundation to turn into a yearly contender. The Chiefs took their lumps for a few years and are almost ready to make a move. Raiders have been taking their lumps for longer but can't decide if they're fielding a contending team or trying to rebuild.

vidae 02-16-2010 12:51 AM

It all depends on Free Agency and the draft. I'm a Chiefs fan, obviously, and I would be pretty happy with 6 wins. We ended the season strong but we still have a lot of work to do.

As far as the Raiders go, everyone is saying how they're about to turn a corner year in and year out and it never happens, and to be quite honest, I don't see it happening as long as Al Davis is alive.

raiderchampion3 02-16-2010 01:12 AM

People should stop badgering Mr. Davis as he is a owner of three super bowl rings how many owners can say that? The last time I checked Mr. Davis does not want to lose and the players play on the field and he is doing his best putting a team that has a lot of the pieces in place and that should win a lot more games.

Job 02-16-2010 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderchampion3 (Post 2018145)
People should stop badgering Mr. Davis as he is a owner of three super bowl rings how many owners can say that? The last time I checked Mr. Davis does not want to lose and the players play on the field and he is doing his best putting a team that has a lot of the pieces in place and that should win a lot more games.

My grandmother was quite a resourceful woman not so long ago, yet I wouldn't trust her to get my groceries nowadays.

vidae 02-16-2010 01:32 AM

Every year the Raiders should "win more games" but horrible drafts and terrible decisions at the top have led to seven straight losing seasons.

There is a reason that a joke is cracked every time someone runs a fast 40. Al Davis should not be running the Raiders. He doesn't understand what it takes to win in the NFL today.

CC.SD 02-16-2010 02:45 AM

Hm what a homer thread. I will go with whoever Job's grandmother picks.

AntoinCD 02-16-2010 03:23 AM

Unless something drastic changes then the Chargers are still the number one team in the division. It will be interesting to see how Denver do without Mike Nolan coaching the defense and the whole Brandon Marshall thing needs watching. The Chiefs are slowly but surely building talent but are still a year or two away.

Ah... The Raiders. Providing entertainment in the offseason for all NFL fans. Why IMO they won't win the AFC West.

Tom Cable has made it perfectly clear that with even half decent QB play they would have made the playoffs, but do you think Al Davis will let him sit Jamarcus Russell next year in favour of anyone? As long as Jamarcus Russel is playing QB and Al Davis is drafting players like DHB then they simply won't contend.

Who are their leaders on offense? Russell???

Who are their leaders on defense? Seymour, who went from a model citizen playing at an all pro level in NE to running his mouth and being very average for Oakland? Plus it's not a given he is resigned.

The Raiders simply have a lack of leadership and proven winners to make any sort of decent run.

bearsfan_51 02-16-2010 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderchampion3 (Post 2017885)
If you look at all the teams in the division the Chargers are the class but I personally believe the Raiders are not that far off. The Raiders need a QB and they need to fix the trenches and they will in fact overtake the Chargers and the Broncos and Chiefs have a long ways to go because they have needs across the board? what do you guys think?

I think you should write for the New Yorker.

raiderchampion3 02-16-2010 11:32 AM

How about all the great picks is that Mr. Davis fault as well? How about Asomougha, Howard, Bush, Miller, Henderson and I could go on and on.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 02-16-2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderchampion3 (Post 2018383)
How about all the great picks is that Mr. Davis fault as well? How about Asomougha, Howard, Bush, Miller, Henderson and I could go on and on.

Comparing the good things Davis has done since the last Raiders SB appearance to the bad things he's done is comparing a pebble to a mountain, and edging me ever closer to invoking Godwin's law.

bearsfan_51 02-16-2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderchampion3 (Post 2018383)
I could go on and on.

Oh please do...

FlyingElvis 02-16-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 (Post 2018459)
Oh please do...

I second this.