Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miami Dolphins Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   2010 Offseason Discussion (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39227)

draftguru151 03-07-2010 06:56 PM

2010 Offseason Discussion

Woooo Dansby.

Sounds like Ryan Clark could be the next free agent to sign with Miami. He's visiting Miami now, hopefully he doesn't leave before he signs.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/0...fety-ryan.html

Matthew Jones 03-07-2010 09:27 PM

Hey guys - need help on my mock draft, hopefully you can help me out! My question is regarding who you think the Dolphins will take in this draft assuming Dez Bryant is off the board. I had them taking him in my last mock, but I'm going to give Jacksonville him this time around. I assume Kindle probably isn't much of a consideration since they have Dansby now? Or should I give them him anyways? Who are some other options?

Grizzlegom 03-08-2010 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151 (Post 2055400)
Woooo Dansby.

Sounds like Ryan Clark could be the next free agent to sign with Miami. He's visiting Miami now, hopefully he doesn't leave before he signs.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/0...fety-ryan.html

Dansby was my only wish but Clark would be a good signing as well. Yeremiah Bell plays like Polamalu lite and Clark has been a great coverage compliment to him so I think he'll do really well here as long as we can meet his contract demands.

not a fan of any FA WRs to be honest and unless we can get Bryant at a bargain price i hope we go the draft route for our need there.

Grizzlegom 03-09-2010 03:26 PM

now that we missed out on Clark, I'm kinda hoping we can bring in Darren Sharper on a two year deal. That would give us a bridge that doesn't mortgage the future of Clemons who i think showed a lot of promise last year.

thebow305 03-17-2010 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy (Post 2055769)
Hey guys - need help on my mock draft, hopefully you can help me out! My question is regarding who you think the Dolphins will take in this draft assuming Dez Bryant is off the board. I had them taking him in my last mock, but I'm going to give Jacksonville him this time around. I assume Kindle probably isn't much of a consideration since they have Dansby now? Or should I give them him anyways? Who are some other options?

Coming from a fan of a team that also runs the 3-4 defense, you should know that the Dansby signing would have no effect on us taking Kindle, if we chose to do so. Dansby is an ILB and will play that for us as well. Kindle would be an OLB. So that would be a solid pick. But I still would have to say screw the Jags, I WANT DEZ!! :)

JWZZR 03-21-2010 10:28 PM

Ronnie Brown arrested for DUI

Oh well I want the dolphins to draft a running back in one of the first 3 rounds.

Do any other dolphins fan feel that we do not really need a receiver. I mean Pennington tossed for 4,000 yards without Hartline and A Raw Devon Bess.

thebow305 03-22-2010 10:41 AM

The Dolphins plan to trade LG Justin Smiley, a source close to the team tells beat writer Edgar Thompson.

The Dolphins told Smiley not to join the team for the offseason conditioning program. Smiley was signed to a five-year, $25 million contract in 2008 but missed eight starts over the last two seasons due to leg and shoulder injuries. With Richie Incognito now in the fold along with Donald Thomas and Nate Garner, the Dolphins apparently see guard as a position of depth.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/theda...justin-smiley/

Grizzlegom 03-22-2010 11:50 AM

yea i saw that too, what do you think the asking price is? I would think it can't be any lower than a 4th rounder and that might be worst case. he has been injured but he's an above average starter when healthy. I think I'd ask for a 3rd

BaLLiN 03-22-2010 04:33 PM

http://www.examiner.com/x-37251-Miam...-on-DUI-charge

Ronnie Brown arrested for DUI

thebow305 03-23-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzlegom (Post 2081313)
yea i saw that too, what do you think the asking price is? I would think it can't be any lower than a 4th rounder and that might be worst case. he has been injured but he's an above average starter when healthy. I think I'd ask for a 3rd

Yeah, the asking price seems to be a 3rd rounder right now. I think in the end, we may be happy to get a fourth, or possibly another player in return to help us.

fergie 66 04-01-2010 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebow305 (Post 2081217)
The Dolphins plan to trade LG Justin Smiley, a source close to the team tells beat writer Edgar Thompson.

The Dolphins told Smiley not to join the team for the offseason conditioning program. Smiley was signed to a five-year, $25 million contract in 2008 but missed eight starts over the last two seasons due to leg and shoulder injuries. With Richie Incognito now in the fold along with Donald Thomas and Nate Garner, the Dolphins apparently see guard as a position of depth.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/theda...justin-smiley/

there geting offers but there low draft picks...........

Grizzlegom 04-14-2010 08:49 AM

WOOOOOOO B-MARSH!!!

overall I'm on the fence about this deal because I'm wary about paying him a ton of money and then the whole being in Miami thing (he'll have lots more night clubs to hit up...) but if we can keep him in line off-the-field, this will be a STEAL.

this takes WR off my draft board now. Hartline's development should fit him for the number 2 WR role and Bess is a perfect slot guy. If we can't get decent value for Ginn (high 5th or better) I'd say we should just keep him and let him return kicks for us in the final year of his deal and then we'll likely get a decent comp pick for him when he leaves. We gotta rid ourselves of one of our WRs though, gotta be Camarillo or Ginn, maybe we just take the best deal we can get for one of them.

draftguru151 04-14-2010 08:51 AM

Yep pretty freakin awesome. I expect us to trade down from 12 now though.

Grizzlegom 04-14-2010 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151 (Post 2122729)
Yep pretty freakin awesome. I expect us to trade down from 12 now though.

Completely agree. I was just about to post that in the draft thread. I just don't know who we'd target if we move back. Depending on how far, maybe Kindle is still on the board? Maybe Mays? Cody or Nate allen if we move WAY back? I think draft day just got a lot more interesting for us, especially on that first day, I'll almost be disappointed if we stay put and take someone now haha.

Jimmy 04-14-2010 10:02 AM

As a Broncos fan... i envy you guys. you got him for NOTHING. here is a guy that without character issues... would be more valuable than the #1 pick in the draft. I think he is a future hall of famer. it SUCKS to see him go, but i guess he was a cancer

thebow305 04-14-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzlegom (Post 2122743)
Completely agree. I was just about to post that in the draft thread. I just don't know who we'd target if we move back. Depending on how far, maybe Kindle is still on the board? Maybe Mays? Cody or Nate allen if we move WAY back? I think draft day just got a lot more interesting for us, especially on that first day, I'll almost be disappointed if we stay put and take someone now haha.

lol, same here. If we do, I hope we still target the same guys. Earl Thomas, JPP, Morgan, maybe even Jermaine Gresham as ANOTHER weapon for Henne. Imagine our offense with Marshall as our #1, Hartline as #2, Bess as the slot, Ginn as a situational deep threat, and Jermaine Gresham at TE stretching the middle of the field. That would be dynamic! I could see Spiller as a target too now, based on the the statement from Sparano about needing more "chunk" yards. And if Ronnie truly isn't in the plans for after the year, I'd be ok with it.

Catch_23 04-14-2010 11:53 AM

Wow Marshall, i love what we have done in the offseason so far. Him and Dansby are going to look great on our team. But as for the draft now, i'd love to see us trade back a little and pick up another pick and maybe get a guy like Earl Thomas to help sure up our pass defense.

Quagmire 04-16-2010 01:06 PM

Bad move by Miami today trading Ginn for a #5 pick. With Marshall in town, Ginn could have been that perfect #2 WR to stretch the D and keep them honest. Not a lot of catches, but a lot of YPC... I think he will do well out there with Crabtree and Davis to eat up the underneath stuff

Da-Phins 06-16-2010 05:07 PM

What a lively group we have here. This site needs more Dolphins fans.