Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   2010 ACC Discussion Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39280)

adschofield 03-09-2010 10:30 AM

2010 ACC Discussion Thread

ACC Champs...Who ya got?

BuddyCHRIST 03-09-2010 05:28 PM

I'm going to be a homer (and correct) and go with FSU. Bring back everyone on a great offense, new stellar coaching staff, new strength coach, some impact players on both sides of the ball.

Tough schedule, but hopefully we can take care of business in the conference.

JRTPlaya21 03-09-2010 07:43 PM

You guys already know who I will say....and check the avy for your Heisman hopeful.

BigJohn98 03-09-2010 11:14 PM

Even though I've said it every year since I've joined and I'll say it again...FSU will win the ACC.

adschofield 03-10-2010 12:36 PM

Nah...Ladies and gents, the Boston College Eagles, led by Mark Herzlich, will win the ACC.

Bosanac01 03-25-2010 12:36 PM

I really really want to see Mark Herzlich play again, and I'm very excited for that this year. See him a lot in 2008, I'm excited to watch him become one of the best players in the 2011 draft. The guy is special.

I want to say GT will repeat their ACC championship, just as a homer pick, but I find that very hard to believe. Had their 4 juniors great stayed, it would have been a different story. Their defense is switching to a 3-4 after being god awful against the run in the 4-3. Could help or hurt, but it should be interesting.

RealityCheck 03-25-2010 03:26 PM

Best DT in the nation, Marvin "The Anchorman" Austin.

4.5. Enough said.

Bruce Almighty.

Patrick Peterson? Never heard of.

Agent 027, aka The Hitman.

Sturdivant Spectacular.

If he fails in football, he's the next Tiger Woods. But white, and without the sex addiction.

The next great UNC WR.

The greatest fullback prospect since ever.

Houston, we ain't got a problem.

Draughn > your team's RB

Zach P is the greatest TE in the world.

Casey > Connor

Last but not least, the craziest coach in all of CFB.

ImBrotherCain 03-26-2010 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealityCheck (Post 2087336)

Draughn > your team's RB

Clearly not so much...

DID HE JUST DO THAT?!?!

Maybe not even here...

Cant forget our fearless leader

and those are 3 reasons why VTech will take the ACC

JRTPlaya21 03-26-2010 12:35 PM

^^What he said.

RealityCheck 03-26-2010 04:10 PM

Yeah, we'll see when Williams runs for 30 yds against UNC.

djp 03-26-2010 04:15 PM

Ray Ray is coming for you

Don Vito 03-26-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adschofield (Post 2058678)
ACC Champs...Who ya got?

God I hope Herzy comes back. I think they could win it on pure emotion next year if Herzy plays, he and Kuechly would be so insane together. Everything that could have went wrong before last season for BC did and they still defied the odds and had a very good year.

Shinskie is going to be good, probably won't ever be a pro prospect since he will be a 26 year old sophmore but he will be ready to go next year. Next Weinke maybe. Who will be catching his passes is a bit of a question mark, Colin Larmond and Clarence Megwa look to be the top two options but it gets hazy after there. Freshman Shakim Phillips will get looks as will Clyde Lee, big bodied Ifeyani Momah moved to DE so there is one less body there. Chris Pantale will be the top TE with Lars Anderson being an H-Back type.

Montel Harris is a beast of a running back, but losing Haden to transfer hurts. Need to come up with a dependable back up. James McCluskey is a great, tough FB who is very talented (converted LB). He'll play in the NFL somewhere.

The O-Line...well you already know. It is going to be another tough, physical, talented group headlined by LT Anthony Castonzo and G Thomas Claiborne. There are some holes that need to be filled, but BC is always ready on the OL.

As for defense, tackle Damik Scaife and end Alex Albright will lead the line. Austin Giles is a big body at the other end and Kaleb Ramsey is an athletic penetrator with lots of talent at the other tackle.

The linebacking corps is very talented, if Herzy comes back it could be the best group in the nation. Everyone knows what Herzlich can do, but Luke Kuechly looks like he will be a stud for a long time. Was one of the best freshman in the nation regardless of position last season. Someone will need to take over for McLaughlin, and it looks like Will Thompson will be the guy. Dominic LeGrande, Alex DiSanzo, and Nick Clancy all should see considerable time too.

The secondary is OK, corners DeLeon Gause and Donnie Fletcher are NFL type talents. Safety is a bit of a question mark.

I am an Ole Miss fan but I still follow BC, they are definitely my #2 team, and I think they have a chance to do big things next year and surprise some people. If Herzy comes back that will be one of the best sports stories ever.

BamaFalcon59 03-26-2010 06:19 PM

Well, we have the best player in the country. So I'm going to say, like usual, we are the frontrunners.

Offense will be extremely productive, top 30 I'm guessing, and the defense should be up to the usual standard.

That leads to WIN.

Don Vito 03-26-2010 06:35 PM

Yeah VT looks good again, Taylor and Williams will be scary. Should be a pretty good year for the ACC.

Bosanac01 03-26-2010 11:18 PM

GT defense should be even more productive even though they lost Dwyer and Thomas. They are only replacing 3 guys. Josh Nesbitt and Anthony Allen should be sick, both seniors.

RealityCheck 03-27-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 (Post 2089416)
Well, we have the best player in the country.

Quote:

4.5. Enough said.

10characters

draftguru151 03-28-2010 02:11 PM

VT, UNC and Miami all have really good teams this year, don't see anyone in the Atlantic being that good. UNCs offense will hold them back from being elite. Miami gets both UNC and VT at home this year. That plus the 08 class are juniors now, the offense is going to be dominant and the defense is going to be the best it's been in a long time, can't see the Canes not winning the ACC this year. And Allen Bailey can't wait to rape your QBs. :)

DeseanBR 03-28-2010 04:34 PM

Miami is a team that is evolving, the defense suffered some losses but I believe it can maintain the level and overcome teams like VT.

A decent bowl should be considered this year, since our QB now but have experience.

adschofield 03-28-2010 07:11 PM

BC's going to dominate the Atlantic this year as usual...The divisions are sooo imbalanced

Draft King 03-28-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151 (Post 2091570)
VT, UNC and Miami all have really good teams this year, don't see anyone in the Atlantic being that good. UNCs offense will hold them back from being elite. Miami gets both UNC and VT at home this year. That plus the 08 class are juniors now, the offense is going to be dominant and the defense is going to be the best it's been in a long time, can't see the Canes not winning the ACC this year. And Allen Bailey can't wait to rape your QBs. :)

This. The U.

villagewarrior 04-28-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

4.5. Enough said.

Is that Quinn? 6'5 260 runs a 4.5? That's pretty impressive. Tell me more.

TitansCJftw 04-28-2010 11:20 PM

I'm taking Virginia Tech and I'm sure they will be in the top 10 come preseason and deservedly so, also the unc hype machine is fail and all of these "sub 4.6's" for basically the entire lb corp and even a d-lineman or 2 are complete garbage, realitycheck's posts about unc are always fail and not only that i'm fairly sure he is what we in North Carolina call a "wal-heel" aka he didn't go to unc he is just a bandwagon fan who runs by the motto when they are good i love em and when people think they are gonna be good they are championshipz, fail

superman8456 04-29-2010 09:11 PM

Darkhorse: Clemson!

I <3 Clemson. I think Florida St will probs make the ACC championship game.

Sniper 04-29-2010 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 (Post 2089416)
Well, we have the best player in the country.

Well, no, you don't.

YAYareaRB 04-29-2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

Patrick Peterson? Never heard of.

I'm sorry, he didn't hear you