Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Washington Redskins Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Mosley"MIKE SHANAHAN LOVES JIMMY CLAUSEN" (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39495)

snyder101 03-16-2010 03:47 PM

Mosley"MIKE SHANAHAN LOVES JIMMY CLAUSEN"

Quote:

Matt (Chestertown, MD)

I know there is a lot of hype going around now with the 'skins taking a QB at number 4. Do you think that is the case? I don't really think that Cambell has showed much as a starter, but that could be because of the OL. I def think they should go after a tackle at 4, what do you think?
Quote:

Mosley

I think Mike Shanahan will take Clausen if he's convinced he can be a franchise QB. If not, you go with Okung -- and sleep well at night.

--------------------

LOL dirty30................................I told u.

And you dont need to draft first round LT's to win a SB. You win with a franchise QB and regardless of how bad your OL is that franchise QB will win for you and win games. But an OL will help a franchise QB....we have neither , whats really more important a franchise QB or a bum OL?. We both know the answer.

DiG 03-16-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snyder101 (Post 2071376)
Mosley

I think Mike Shanahan will take Clausen if he's convinced he can be a franchise QB. If not, you go with Okung -- and sleep well at night.

Please change your thread title. I see nothing in this that says anything about shanahan loving clausen. All it says is that IF shanahan is convinced of clausen then he will take him but if not hell take okung. pure continued speculation on your part...

Quote:

whats really more important a franchise QB or a bum OL?. We both know the answer.

obviosuly a franchise qb...so its a good thing that clausen isnt a franchise qb and okung isnt a bum OL...

snyder101 03-16-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty (Post 2071387)
Please change your thread title. I see nothing in this that says anything about shanahan loving clausen. All it says is that IF shanahan is convinced of clausen then he will take him but if not hell take okung. pure continued speculation on your part...

Quote:

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi predicts that the Redskins will draft Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen with the No. 4 overall pick.

It's also worth noting that K.C. Joyner, the Football Scientist, is on record as saying Clausen's skill set and decision making offer an even better fit for Mike Shanahan's offense than Jay Cutler. Lombardi's opinion is noteworthy, too, because he worked under Shanahan in Denver. Lombardi expects Shanahan to go with Clausen even if both he and Russell Okung are available.
Source: NFL.com
Related: Redskins
He wont go with Okung................he'll go with the best QB there and if its Bradford or Clausen it will be Bradford.

Go on extremeskins.com, we have 2 insiders in the redskins organization that is saying we will draft Clausen or Bradford over Okung.

PS: And no OKung isnt a bum, but so arent the other high round tackles behind him. But the QB's like Tebow,Mccoy,Lefeaur are all weak armed dudes who arent even in the level of a 3rd round pick.

mqtirishfan 03-16-2010 03:56 PM

I don't understand this thread.

critesy 03-16-2010 09:14 PM

i just hate how jimmy floats his deep ball. other than that, his game would be alright to practice/coach with.. im just all for OL right now.

treyskins 03-17-2010 09:30 AM

So there was no endorsement FROM mike shanahan.

You do know his son will have input on who the next quarterback is.
Shanahan junior went to texas,for all we know he may well like McCoy.

Brothgar 03-17-2010 09:44 AM

FlyingElvis 03-17-2010 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mqtirishfan (Post 2071410)
I don't understand this thread.

It appears to be snyder101 using specious arguments in an attempt to prove Dirty30 wrong, presumably about an ongoing difference of opinion regarding Shanny's opinion of Clausen.

Based on the logic employed I'd give it a grade of:

DiG 04-05-2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

LOL dirty30................................I told u.

2 Live Crew 04-05-2010 01:11 PM

lol...snyder101's head just exploded

FlyingElvis 04-05-2010 01:18 PM

hahahaa

I figured there'd be a bump here . . .

critesy 04-05-2010 04:22 PM

lmao i was going to bump this yesterday. too funny.

D-Unit 04-05-2010 08:41 PM

You guys crack me up. :D

There's no way Washington would draft a QB at #4 now that McNabb is there. I still can't believe it though.

snyder101 08-09-2011 01:47 AM

SMH one year later and we are back at the same situation from last season towards next season. Except this time we have 3 bum QB's trying to be the franchise guy.

Any body wanna say Kellen Clemens ends up the huge surpriseE?.,

FlyingElvis 08-09-2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snyder101 (Post 2646740)
SMH one year later and we are back at the same situation from last season towards next season. Except this time we have 3 bum QB's trying to be the franchise guy.

Any body wanna say Kellen Clemens ends up the huge surpriseE?.,

Well, it could be worse. You could have Clausen, too.