SWDC AL-Only Dynasty League
There it is.
Ok, here are the members:
1) BF51- $140
2) D-Unit- $26
3) marshalllb- $34
4) DJP- $101
5) yo123- $154
6) Charm City- $55
7) Xiomera- $97
8) Giantsfan- $102
Ok, here are the parameters:
-Dynasty League (12 keepers + minor league roster)
-Total points scoring system
-4 man minor league roster
-25 man major league rosters (+ 2 DL spots)
4 minor league players
Total Bases (TB) 1
Walks (BB) 1
Runs Scored (R) 1
Runs Batted In (RBI) 1
Stolen Bases (SB) 1.5
Strikeouts (K) -0.5
Innings Pitched (IP) 3
Earned Runs (ER) -2
Wins (W) 3
Quality Starts (QS) 4
Saves (SV) 6
Strikeouts (K) 1
Hits Allowed (H) -1
Walks Issued (BB) -1
Holds (HD) 3
I will post all of your 4-man minor league rosters below. All changes must be announced in this thread, and I will update your rosters accordingly.
1) Lonnie Chisenhall, 3B, Cleveland Indians
2) Leonys Martin, OF, Round Rock Express (AAA- Texas Rangers)
3) Brad Peacock, P, Oakland Athletics
4) Garrett Richards, P, L.A. Angels
1) Dylan Bundy, P
2) Francisco Lindor, SS (Cleveland Indians)
3) Jake Marsinik, OF, Toronto Blue Jays
4) Jake Odorizzi P Kansas City Royals(A+ Wilmington Blue Rocks)
BF51's Akron Alchoholics
1) Martin Perez, P, Texas Rangers
3) Jurickson Profar, SS, Texas Rangers
4) Noah Syndergaard, P, Toronto Blue Jays
1) Daniel Bard, P, Boston Red Sox
2) Mike Montgomery, P, Omaha Storm Chasers (AAA-Kansas City Royals)
3) Anthony Ranaudo, P, Greenville Drive (A- Boston Red Sox)
4) Oswaldo Arcia, OF, New Britain Rock Cats (AA-Minnesota Twins)
2) Wil Myers, OF, NW Arkansas Naturals (AA- Kansas City Royals)
3) Taijuan Walker, P, (A- Seattle Mariners)
4) Mason Williams, OF
1) Danny Hultzen, P, (Seattle Mariners)
2) Dan Staily, P (Oakland Athletics)
3) Ellis Johnson
4) Bubba Starling
1) Hak Ju Lee, SS, Charlotte Knights (A+- Tampa Rays)
2) Kyle Gibson, P, Rochester Red Wings (AAA-Minnesota Twins)
3) Anthony Gose, P, Toronto Blue Jays
4) Miguel Sano, SS, Minnesota Twins
2) Bruce Rondon, P, Detroit Tigers
3) Travis D'Arnaud, C, New Hampshire Fisher Cats (AA-Toronto Blue Jays)
4) Nick Castellanos, 3B, Detroit Tigers
- Cups of coffee.. is there going to be a limit on innings pitched or at-bats, or when these prospects get called up, are they automatically major leaguers?
- Separate auction, or draft for minor leaguers?
Those are both good questions:
-I think if a player is called up you should have a limited amount of time to either activate him or cut him. We can negotiate exactly what that means.
-Here's what I'm thinking for the second part:
1) We won't hold the minor league player draft until 25 man rosters are set.
2) If you buy a player in auction and he doesn't make his teams' roster, you HAVE to cut him. So, if you're damn sure Strausburg will make the opening day roster you're free to draft him, but that's your risk.
3) Once rosters are set, we'll do a snake draft for the remaining minor league players, 3 players each.
4) You can adjust your minor league roster at will through a seperate thread.
5) When your minor league player advances to the majors, if you wish to add him simply pick him up in auction as you would any free agent, except nobody is allowed to bid on him.
I wish there was a way I could set up a waiver system to deal with issue #4, but I can't think of one. The fact that everyone will be available at all times will make it more fair, however.
I'm not sure if everyone is aware of the FAAB system (that is what you meant, right?) but it's where every team gets a certain $ amount per season (usually $100 or $1,000) to spend on free agents as they become available. Each week, you spend your FAAB money in an auction type setting on a specific free agent.
1. I definitely don't want roto.
2. I like the minor league draft idea.
3. I believe scotty has had intercourse with a female.
4. A standard roster setup would probably be for the best.
1. Roto blows, h2h for sure.
2. Minor's are my weak point, but I'd be down to research some minor leaguers better
4. I don't care at all.
Yeah, FAAB. I explained it a bit in the other thread. There's a lot of info online explaining how it works. It's the only fair way to run a one-league system.
-H2H is fine with me
-Minor League draft is fine with me
-Scotty has had sex with a female.....goat.
-10 + 7 works for me
- You guys can't handle my roto skills.
- Minor League draft is preferable.
- Scotty goes both ways.
- Whatever works.
I'm fine with whatever to be honest
Well I wont even try then, it seems weird you'd want the same guys over and over in the same leagues. I know about you know each other, but it seems like you know who each person likes and all so theres really not as much into the auction or anything in the guess work. But have fun I guess, hope it goes well.
I told Xio I would give him a bit to decide. It's not that we all like each other, it's that we can rely on each other. Nothing is worse than having someone quit on a league, it ruins it for everyone.
Ok Xio is on board.
I'd like to know what days would NOT for you guys to hold the draft. I know that it will have to be either before the March 5th or after March 10th. Please let me know ASAP. I'm guessing an auction of this size will take about 2-3 hours.
I won't be available on Tuesdays or Thursdays.
Wednesdays are usually no good unless after 10:30 p.m. Also, can we do at or after 10 p.m. if we decide Tues or Thurs? Mondays and Fridays are cool with me, weekends are okay as well.
Ok, so the 28th or the 1st would be the only realistic days before Xio leaves on the 5th.
I should be good with any day except Saturdays before 4pm cst.
Nah, I'm in an auction league for football and it only takes about an hour and a half. That was only 15 roster spots but still.
Did we decide on a scoring system?
If it's still up for vote, I am all for Roto. Points is my second choice. Head-to-head isn't good for fantasy baseball, IMO.
I'm going to nix roto. With only 1.5 closers per team that makes saves far too valuable to be realistic.
It can be points or points h2h. Seems like more people prefer h2h, but I really don't care.
h2h points should be bi-weekly scoring periods then, imo. 2 start pitchers is everything in h2h weekly points, and with half the players, you might just be winning solely on how many of your rostered pitchers start twice in a week.
We could also do roto without Saves as a category. Closers would simply factor in for all the other categories (which is actually the best system if you ask me).
Could eliminate a hitting category too if we wanted to even it.
My thing with cumulative points is that sometimes the people that are too far out of it tend to drift away from their teams, make stupid trades, etc. Some of that is neutralized due to the dynasty effect, but still.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.