Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Giants LB Brandon Short Near Fatal Shootings in NY (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4068)

bigbluedefense 03-16-2007 12:33 PM

Giants LB Brandon Short Near Fatal Shootings in NY

Holy crap....Greenwich Village isn't even that bad.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2800947

Pit Bull #53 03-16-2007 12:36 PM

Whew, when I read the title, I interpreted it as he was involved in a near-fatal shooting.

Non_Sequitur 03-16-2007 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 223621)
Holy crap....Greenwich Village isn't even that bad.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2800947

There are over 2000 active players in the NFL, as sad as it is, take a grouping of a random 2000 American citizens and they will be involved with crimes (there fault or not) just as often.

Sounds like he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

draftguru151 03-16-2007 12:37 PM

Yea I thought he got shot too. That's crazy.

Space Ghost 03-16-2007 12:53 PM

Thats pretty messed up.

hugepunch 03-16-2007 01:03 PM

i saw this all over the news yesterday. thats crazy to find out short was there today.

sodar21 03-16-2007 01:13 PM

Its a popular spot with lots of restaurants and such. I bet there were other celebs in the area as well.

eacantdraft 03-16-2007 01:23 PM

Brandon Short is one of the most solid citizens on the Giants. He was in a place where something went down where he wasn't involved in. If it was Shockey or Plax, then I would have my suspitions.

This is not a Tank Johnson or Derrant William situation where bad stuff involved the player.

ShutDwn 03-16-2007 01:57 PM

Glad Short is ok, he was a solid Panther, never said much but did his job and did it well.

Don't know how he is doing for the Giants, but he was a guy you could always rely on in Carolina.

BuckNaked 03-16-2007 02:04 PM

I saw this on the News. I never knew Short was involved though.

Addict 03-16-2007 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eacantdraft (Post 223743)

This is not a Tank Johnson or Darrent Williams situation where bad stuff involved the player.

I'm sorry... what did he do exactly? Except for getting shot of course?

bigbluedefense 03-16-2007 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutDwn (Post 223794)
Glad Short is ok, he was a solid Panther, never said much but did his job and did it well.

Don't know how he is doing for the Giants, but he was a guy you could always rely on in Carolina.

He's a standup guy. He's not the most gifted player out there, but he gives you 100% and shuts his mouth and does his job. Very serviceable, I hope we resign him. I think he's slightly underappreciated as a SAM.

He's the type of guy you want on your team. I have no problems with him.

bsaza2358 03-16-2007 03:52 PM

I like what Short does as a player. As a PSU fan, he has done the school proud in his career. He is very sturdy. However, I don't think this qualifies as news. The news should be more about the shooter who killed 2 policemen and could have hurt many innocent civilians. That is the story. I don't care if Short was there or not. If he got shot, that would have been noteworthy. His getting lucky means nothing to me.

BTW, I would have this opinion even if it was an Eagles player. If Brian Dawkins was in the same situation, I would say, "I'm glad he wasn't hurt", then moved on.

ricky bobby 03-16-2007 05:28 PM

56 bullets fired by NYPD!

scottyboy 03-17-2007 09:18 AM

yea short is a good guy. feel bad for those killed. short played well for us, both stints as a giant. never had any problems. Like some stated before, if it was a different player (say pacman) then there would be more news and controversy. This is the kind of thing Upshaw was talking about with the wrong place/ wrong time and punishments. Short shouldnt be punished by the league(duh) but say if it was a guy like pacman or tank, they may have gotten punished. Its tough to deal with these situations

the shooting sounded bad, dont know all the details but sounded like there were 2 casualties

ShutDwn 03-17-2007 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 223897)
He's a standup guy. He's not the most gifted player out there, but he gives you 100% and shuts his mouth and does his job. Very serviceable, I hope we resign him. I think he's slightly underappreciated as a SAM.

He's the type of guy you want on your team. I have no problems with him.

yeah, thats exactly how I'd classify him during his time in Carolina.

toonsterwu 03-17-2007 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricky bobby (Post 224477)
56 bullets fired by NYPD!

I'm all for it. That was a crazy night watching it on the TV, and depressing to see the footage of the guy murdering the auxiliary cops. The guy wasn't willing to drop his weapon, and I believe the 56 was overall bullets shot while chasing him (although I'm sure they pumped most of it in the final standoff). If it wasn't for those auxiliary cops, who knows what that crazy ****** might've done. Seeing all those cops line up to acknowledge the auxiliary cops passing by was a good moment.

eaglesalltheway 03-17-2007 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur (Post 223640)
There are over 2000 active players in the NFL, as sad as it is, take a grouping of a random 2000 American citizens and they will be involved with crimes (there fault or not) just as often.

Sounds like he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Well said if you ask me.