Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dallas Cowboys Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The Sean Lee Appreciation Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40890)

D-Unit 04-23-2010 10:34 PM

The Sean Lee Appreciation Thread
 


http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-...ee_sean00.html




Elite character. He'll be a future coach on a top level.





Macarthur 04-23-2010 10:46 PM

This kid is a player. Keep in mind that for many guys, it's not until the 2nd year after an ACL that they get back to 100%.

Trogdor 04-23-2010 10:56 PM

Blue collar, intelligent, excellent leader. On top of that he can actually play O_o. As JJ mentioned he was graded out as a 1st round talent and his major hiccup was a torn ACL in 2008.

Only thing left to say is ... WE ARE...

M.O.T.H. 04-23-2010 11:00 PM

I would never call an ACL a hiccup, but he's healthy now. Hopefully it stays that way.

I've always liked you Lee and I'm sure I'll learn to love you, but I still have no idea why we took you with all that O-Line talent and Burnett on the board. lol

BPA...gah.

FS and O-Line depth....still a problem. :(

D-Unit 04-23-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. (Post 2145562)
I would never call an ACL a hiccup, but he's healthy now. Hopefully it stays that way.

I've always liked you Lee and I'm sure I'll learn to love you, but I still have no idea why we took you with all that O-Line talent and Burnett on the board. lol

BPA...gah.

FS and O-Line depth....still a problem. :(

you and thule LOVE Burnett... he's not that good bro. I wanted John Jerry... but there's other big men left. ILB ... gone. I'm liking the pick the more I talk out loud.

Trogdor 04-23-2010 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 2145592)
you and thule LOVE Burnett... he's not that good bro. I wanted John Jerry... but there's other big men left. ILB ... gone. I'm liking the pick the more I talk out loud.

Yeah the ILB was rather shallow this draft. I like Burnett... as a SS :) At this stage I'm resigned to having a 'tweener' FS who can ball hawk. Hoping for project guys like AoA, Quenton Scott, etc. John Jerry would of been a nice pick but the depth at guard is actually quite nice this year and we could afford to pass on him and take someone like Ciron Black later on.

M.O.T.H. 04-23-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 2145592)
you and thule LOVE Burnett... he's not that good bro. I wanted John Jerry... but there's other big men left. ILB ... gone. I'm liking the pick the more I talk out loud.

No. I never loved Burnett. I was never that high on him, but I would have taken him. Thule was the one with the man crush, I'm a Nate Allen guy through and through. I probably would have taken Ducasse or Brown before I took Burnett.

D-Unit 04-23-2010 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. (Post 2145660)
No. I never loved Burnett. I was never that high on him, but I would have taken him. Thule was the one with the man crush, I'm a Nate Allen guy through and through. I probably would have taken Ducasse or Brown before I took Burnett.

Alright, sorry about that then. I think people's opinions are all over the place on Allen. Some are right and some are wrong. I think he has a lot of good qualities, but he has just as many warts as some of the Safeties still on the board. The guy avoids contact and he's a drag down tackler.... I hate that about him. He does have a way of being in the right position at the right time. Not sure if that's due to his own instinct or luck. Time will tell.

I'll tell you this though... He now has a HUUUUUUGE monkey on his back now that he's the guy the Eagles got in return for trading McNabb.

D-Unit 04-24-2010 02:42 AM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combin...rkout-Sean-Lee

Combine video.

BuffaloBillsFan 04-24-2010 03:34 AM

All he did was make plays while at PSU, I've watched their games since I can remember, at least since Poz was playing there with Lee. They're both good players, you may be looking at a Paul Posluszny type of player, maybe worst, maybe better, but that's my NFL comparison.

LonghornsLegend 04-24-2010 05:46 AM

If he's a younger version of Keith Brooking and everything he was for us last year, you won't see me having any problems with it at all.


I'm really not bent out of shape on not taking guys like Burnett, Chad Jones, that whole tier of safeties after Nate Allen.


Does anyone know for sure those guys were head and shoulders better then Mike Hamlin who we already have? I know potential is the word that'll get tossed around, but I know Hamlin was making quite a few plays in Training Camp, so if we didn't think one of those guys was alot better that could of been why we passed.


I'm not too upset about it honestly, we went BPA obviously, but let's just say I'm not totally excited about the pick just yet. Someone needs to sell me on him a bit more.

nrcirc 04-24-2010 07:12 AM

I am not mad at drafted Sean Lee, but not happy with the traded up move and I am 100% with MOTH, we should have selected Ducasse. Ducasse could be a insurance that Free fail or replacement of any guard after this year.

If A.J. Edds is available at 125 pick, the selection of Sean Lee is not looking smart to me.

Now, I believe Jason Williams should be backing up B James and Carpenter is on its the way out.

We will address SS for the next pick unless Bruce Campbell is available.

M.O.T.H. 04-24-2010 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend (Post 2146098)
If he's a younger version of Keith Brooking and everything he was for us last year, you won't see me having any problems with it at all.


I'm really not bent out of shape on not taking guys like Burnett, Chad Jones, that whole tier of safeties after Nate Allen.


Does anyone know for sure those guys were head and shoulders better then Mike Hamlin who we already have? I know potential is the word that'll get tossed around, but I know Hamlin was making quite a few plays in Training Camp, so if we didn't think one of those guys was alot better that could of been why we passed.


I'm not too upset about it honestly, we went BPA obviously, but let's just say I'm not totally excited about the pick just yet. Someone needs to sell me on him a bit more.

I'd say Burnett is for sure better than Hamlin, and a better fit. But after that, things fall off considerably. And as far as "ball hawks" or "center fielders" go, all the good or ready ones are pretty much gone. After Nate Allen, things take a little dip to Burnett, then after him, it falls off the table, as far as what we really needed at FS.

LonghornsLegend 04-24-2010 09:10 PM

The more I read about Lee the more I like.


I have read about 4-5 teams who were interested in trading up for him that round but couldn't make it happen, also that we were interested in trading up for him at the first portion of the 2nd round but couldn't make it happen.


I just finished reading an article stating the Steelers really wanted to take him to be their ILB but they took Woirlds instead due to their lack of OLB depth but had him rated very highly.


Not only that, but in all honestly I trust Wade. He knows defense, we all know this, and he's been given the full trust to take his players. If Wade liked Lee, and so did the Steelers, that's a good start for me. At this point seeing how our defense has evolved, and how Wade has been bringing in his own guys, I fully trust him.


It is just making me grow on him a bit more after reading quite a few pieces on how many teams were interested in trading up for him.


Before his ACL injury, was he a legit 1st round prospect?



Edit:


I actually made this post before reading D's post on Lee:


Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 2149289)
Sean Lee?:
Football player. There is no other way to describe him. When his playing days are over he will be a coach in this league, no doubt about it. We feel he could start today but we have 2 great ILB's and he will compliment them well. SF was going to trade up and pick Lee, we knew we had to make a move. Singletary called after our selection, joked that we stole his guy. Also said we got the best ILB to come to the NFL in the last 3 years. Said the only ILB that rated higher was Patrick Willis.



This is the kind of stuff I am talking about. This isn't the only team I heard wanted to move up for him, Jacksonville and at least 3 others I can't remember reading about. Alot of people were hot on this guy, and those are some great words and HIGH praise from a LB man like Singletary. I'm getting excited :D



This is also pretty believeable, SF took an ILB in the 3rd round after Mays, it sounds like they were truly interested in him.

D-Unit 04-24-2010 10:23 PM

...and the ILB San Fran took was Lee's teammate, Navorro Bowman. Safe to say, they liked the film they found when they got the tape that was labeled, "Linebacker U". :D

Glad we stayed away from Odrick. Penn State is "DT Bust U". Courtney Brown, Jimmy Kennedy... eeek.

BaLLiN 04-24-2010 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macarthur (Post 2145521)
This kid is a player. Keep in mind that for many guys, it's not until the 2nd year after an ACL that they get back to 100%.

This is such a false statement. Although its remotely true to some players, its such a wildcard chance that a player is 100% even after years seperated from surgery. I guarantee you that 99% of athletic trainers and physical therapists will say that there is hardly a chance a player regains all of their ability after an ACL tear.

UTPATS 04-24-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaLLiN (Post 2149464)
This is such a false statement. Although its remotely true to some players, its such a wildcard chance that a player is 100% even after years seperated from surgery. I guarantee you that 99% of athletic trainers and physical therapists will say that there is hardly a chance a player regains all of their ability after an ACL tear.

FALSE...that might have been true 5-10 years ago, but with technology and modern medicine athletes can regain or even have more strength in that leg because of the rigorous therapy they receive these days. This is according to the amazing therapists at the Ben Hogan Sports Therapy Institute in Fort Worth.

I just hope Lee can be one of those who fully recovers!

BaLLiN 04-24-2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UTPATS (Post 2149491)
FALSE...that might have been true 5-10 years ago, but with technology and modern medicine athletes can regain or even have more strength in that leg because of the rigorous therapy they receive these days. This is according to the amazing therapists at the Ben Hogan Sports Therapy Institute in Fort Worth.

I just hope Lee can be one of those who fully recovers!

I will get a detailed evaluation on my next physical therapy visit to prove my point. Although you are right, it has gotten better.

D-Unit 04-24-2010 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaLLiN (Post 2149495)
I will get a detailed evaluation on my next physical therapy visit to prove my point. Although you are right, it has gotten better.

Ballin... I like you man... but you are NOT Sean Lee. ;)

BaLLiN 04-24-2010 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 2149505)
Ballin... I like you man... but you are NOT Sean Lee. ;)

you're right.... im Lavar Arrington :D

D-Unit 05-01-2010 04:06 PM

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multime...&cat=4&start=1

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

StickSkills 05-01-2010 04:23 PM

FWIW, I play water polo, and our starting goalie torn his ACL in January of last year and was ready to play by mid-September.

FreshBoy! 05-02-2010 12:58 AM

The only problem with that comparison is that there's probably no(or little to no) impact on the ACL. Water sports are pretty much "weightless", which is why it's such a great rehab method. There's no cutting/planting/impact in the water.


Let's hope the recovery is 100% though, before Lee tries to overdo it, and re-injure himself. Lee's still using the brace in practices apparently.

Go Cowboys 05-02-2010 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreshBoy! (Post 2159601)
The only problem with that comparison is that there's probably no(or little to no) impact on the ACL. Water sports are pretty much "weightless", which is why it's such a great rehab method. There's no cutting/planting/impact in the water.


Let's hope the recovery is 100% though, before Lee tries to overdo it, and re-injure himself. Lee's still using the brace in practices apparently.

As far as the brace goes, a lot of guys will wear the brace for the rest of their career. Sometimes it become a crutch for them so they don't have to worry about it. Sometimes it is reccomended by the doctors. It is based on the specific tear from everything I have been told.

D-Unit 05-02-2010 02:16 PM

Sean didn't want to wear it, but I don't fault the Cowboys for making him do it after last year's injury riddled rookie class.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.