Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Atlanta Falcons Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   2011 Falcons Draft Discussion (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41000)

Bosanac01 04-26-2010 06:54 PM

2011 Falcons Draft Discussion

Hey it's been a few days since the 2010 draft concluded. I decided we'll need a brand new thread. As always it's never too early to discuss. What are some of the positions we may fill in next years draft?

LT (based on what Baker does this year, could be our #1 pick)
RB
WR

DE
OLB
CB (sadly)

D-Rod 04-27-2010 05:20 AM

There is going be ridiculous WR talent next year. If Jenkins doesn't rebound this year, I could see him being cut and a WR being drafted. There should be first round WR talent even late in the 2nd.

You missed off what may be our greatest need next year: TE. I doubt Gonzo will play beyond next year, and even if he does, that will definitely be his last. We could pick his replacement in the 1st or 2nd. Shold be some decent options. I particularly like Saunders' size, since we demand blocking from the TE. We could just get one in free agency, of course.

DE and CB need will depend on the development of our youngsters, Biermann, Sidbury, Owens, Grimes, and Franks.

Fingers crossed for Baker; I don't even like our chances if he gets injured this year, I don't see any decent backup.

Agree RB could well be a need.

georgiafan 04-27-2010 08:57 AM

i'm already crossing my fingers for A.J Green

D-Rod 04-27-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgiafan (Post 2153013)
i'm already crossing my fingers for A.J Green

Unless we make a trade for Detroit's 1st rounder, I don't think we have a chance, and I hope we don't: Green's not falling to #32 ;)

ATLDirtyBirds 04-27-2010 07:59 PM

I'd absolutely kill for AJ Green.

Draft King 04-27-2010 10:17 PM

I could see us picking up a guy like Jon Baldwin. One of the big name receivers will drop.

kiranadwaney 05-05-2010 07:54 PM

this year will be an important year for baker, if he can prove he can stay healthy and play consistently, think we may cut our losses and draft another LT high in the draft. still would love to see another CB come in and sure up our pass defence

hitman 06-18-2010 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiranadwaney (Post 2164163)
this year will be an important year for baker, if he can prove he can stay healthy and play consistently, think we may cut our losses and draft another LT high in the draft. still would love to see another CB come in and sure up our pass defence

You and me both. I would like either an OT or CB 1st rd. I like Matt Reynolds
and Aaron Williams.

Bosanac01 08-25-2010 11:30 PM

I think it's safe to say we're in a need of a WR. I'll re-do the needs just to get this topic going again since college football is about to start.

1. WR
2. SS
3. TE
4. LT

I'll hold on to DE and CB for now, because if young guys play well it won't be a need. I know Erik Coleman is not the solution at SS and William Moore can't stay on the field.

ATLDirtyBirds 08-26-2010 04:44 PM

I'd probably move TE ahead of SS.

Bosanac01 08-26-2010 09:47 PM

all those could be our first round pick.

Bosanac01 09-22-2010 08:27 PM

I would really love to get derrick locke from kentucky. The guy is damn fast, loves going outside.

Bosanac01 09-25-2010 01:42 PM

Does anyone have any input? Who do you guys think fits into our roster?

It's the 4th week of College Football now, so it's a good time to narrow down and scout some players now. I think Noel Devine has everything we want on the football field, but off the field he's the opposite.

scar988 10-29-2010 01:23 AM

at this point I'd say the needs are all offensive. OT, TE, WR and 3rd down RB. the defense looks stout at all the levels. maybe depth picks all over, but that's about it.

Bosanac01 10-29-2010 01:46 AM

We could really use a good pass rusher. Abraham isn't gonna last long.

dunagan15 10-29-2010 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scar988 (Post 2356418)
at this point I'd say the needs are all offensive. OT, TE, WR and 3rd down RB. the defense looks stout at all the levels. maybe depth picks all over, but that's about it.

Is this for real? Did u watch the past 2 games? and see the QBs we have faced all season?

We definitely could use another starting caliber corner, Pass rusher, OLB(i do like Nicholas, but for some reason Peterson plays..)

I agree w/ your O needs tho. Keep putting talent around Ryan.

ATLDirtyBirds 10-29-2010 06:31 AM

I think if we are adding a pass rusher, it's because Biermann hasn't lived up to the hype. Abe's been balling out and he said he feels amazing. He also mentioned that since he missed almost 2 years, he feels like it's been 2 years less toll on his body.

D-Rod 10-29-2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds (Post 2356493)
I think if we are adding a pass rusher, it's because Biermann hasn't lived up to the hype. Abe's been balling out and he said he feels amazing. He also mentioned that since he missed almost 2 years, he feels like it's been 2 years less toll on his body.

You can never have enough passrushers.

If neither Biermann nor (if he ever gets on the field) Sidbury shows up as a real force, I'd expect us to go DE either 1st or 2nd. That would give us an even more potent D-line rotation. Davis, Sidbury, and Anderson would fight it out for the roster spot, I guess.

I'm also looking LT in 1st or 2nd. Baker's not getting it done, and in any case, we need to look longterm.

Bosanac01 10-29-2010 02:08 PM

Right now we're looking at OT or DE in the first.

dunagan15 10-30-2010 12:20 AM

I Think Biermann has done fine, its only his 1st year and hes put on alot of weight and muscle and has actually made some plays. I like where he is at, although we still need more pressure, and as for LT, Im driving that train, I despise Sam (moronic beard) Baker. He can be a career backup guard

ATLDirtyBirds 10-30-2010 10:00 PM

I would say move him to RT, but Clabo has been tremendous this year.

dunagan15 10-31-2010 05:45 AM

Watched ton of games today, and man there are a lot of really good receivers, just depends on who declares

Caddy 10-31-2010 07:01 AM

What happened to Baker? I remember after his rookie season you guys were touting him as a career LT.

ATLDirtyBirds 10-31-2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caddy (Post 2358232)
What happened to Baker? I remember after his rookie season you guys were touting him as a career LT.

Tough to say really. He went from looking quite good and just struggling to stay on the field to struggling big time.

scar988 10-31-2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunagan15 (Post 2356492)
Is this for real? Did u watch the past 2 games? and see the QBs we have faced all season?

We definitely could use another starting caliber corner, Pass rusher, OLB(i do like Nicholas, but for some reason Peterson plays..)

I agree w/ your O needs tho. Keep putting talent around Ryan.

are you kidding me? The corners aren't the problem at all. The only reason why Philly threw well against us is that we were only rushing 4 against 7 and they were getting over 5 seconds per throw. And the coverage was STILL there. The Corners have been AMAZING this season.