Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   The Detriot Lions' #2 Pick is Being Shopped; Bly To Stay Put in Denver (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4125)

Jimmy 03-17-2007 08:21 AM

The Detriot Lions' #2 Pick is Being Shopped; Bly To Stay Put in Denver
 
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_5457658

The Broncos were a candidate, but backed out after too high an asking Price

Personally, i think the lions might want to sit for quinn.

Sveen 03-17-2007 08:30 AM

I have a feeling they want to trade down a little and pick up Gaines Adams, but staying at #2 and taking Brady Quinn is certainly a possibility. Taking Joe Thomas is another.

Xiomera 03-17-2007 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy (Post 225653)
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_5457658

The Broncos were a candidate, but backed out after too high an asking Price

Personally, i think the lions might want to sit for quinn.

Sit for Quinn huh? Detroit is so adament about wanting to trade down it's not even funny. They don't want Brady Quinn. Detroit wants Drew Stanton.

cardsalltheway 03-17-2007 09:10 AM

I really hope the Cardinals don't trade up to the #2 pick.

princefielder28 03-17-2007 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsalltheway (Post 225697)
I really hope the Cardinals don't trade up to the #2 pick.

It would probably be the only way to get Thomas though and they certainly need him

Saints Dome Patrol 03-17-2007 10:16 AM

I heard on ESPN, I think it was John Clayton reporting that the Lions might be trying to make a deal with Cleveland to swap first rounders.

Now, I can't see the reasoning in this, because I can't figure who the Browns would want that badly. I mean, who would they be targeting that wouldn't be there at number three? Brady Quinn? :confused:

21ST 03-17-2007 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol (Post 225807)
I heard on ESPN, I think it was John Clayton reporting that the Lions might be trying to make a deal with Cleveland to swap first rounders.

Now, I can't see the reasoning in this, because I can't figure who the Browns would want that badly. I mean, who would they be targeting that wouldn't be there at number three? Brady Quinn? :confused:

That really wouldnt make any sense at all.

go_ravens94 03-17-2007 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiomera (Post 225689)
Sit for Quinn huh? Detroit is so adament about wanting to trade down it's not even funny. They don't want Brady Quinn. Detroit wants Drew Stanton.

Yeah....

Dumb stuff about the Browns trading up...

I hope that they take Thomas, just to reverse the recent trend of Lion stupidity and add some SURPRISE to the draft!

Komp 03-17-2007 11:35 AM

hmmm
 
The only reason I can think of this would be if Cleveland had their heart set on either Thomas or Quinn and wanted to make sure they got him. I still don't think this happens. The only team I could see that would want to trade up would be Tampa to guarantee themselves CJ if he falls. But I would not expect something like this to happen until draft day, b/c who knows who goes at #1 this year.

Saints Dome Patrol 03-17-2007 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol (Post 225807)
I heard on ESPN, I think it was John Clayton reporting that the Lions might be trying to make a deal with Cleveland to swap first rounders.

Now, I can't see the reasoning in this, because I can't figure who the Browns would want that badly. I mean, who would they be targeting that wouldn't be there at number three? Brady Quinn? :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 21ST (Post 225821)
That really wouldnt make any sense at all.

That's what I'm saying... why would the Browns want to move up one spot? I think that it would be extremely foolish, because nobody (in my opinion) is worth moving up one spot and probably giving up more picks.

If it cost the Saints a third rounder to move up three spots a couple of years ago, it would probably cost a lot more to move up to number two overall.

Xiomera 03-17-2007 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komp (Post 225998)
The only reason I can think of this would be if Cleveland had their heart set on either Thomas or Quinn and wanted to make sure they got him. I still don't think this happens. The only team I could see that would want to trade up would be Tampa to guarantee themselves CJ if he falls. But I would not expect something like this to happen until draft day, b/c who knows who goes at #1 this year.

Exactly . . . my money would be on Thomas, and they want to assure that they get him before Arizona trades up. It won't cost them a ton, but it will be worth it, IMO.

Non_Sequitur 03-17-2007 01:43 PM

I didn't realize that the Lions shopping their 2nd overall pick was new news. Nor was Bly staying in Denver new news.

Before the Jets got Thomas Jones, the rumor was the Jets were going to trade up (Vilma + our first) for Adrian Peterson.

Then the rumor was the Texans trading up to get Brady Quinn.

Then the rumor was the Bills were going to trade up for Brady Quinn.

Then the rumor was the Falcons were going to trade up for Calvin Johnson.

Then the rumor was the Bills were going to trade up for Adrian Peterson.

Then the rumor was the Cardinals were going to trade up for Joe Thomas...


With that many rumors involving the Lions 2nd overall, of course they are shopping it.

Michigan 03-17-2007 01:54 PM

Browns trading up one spot really beneffited the Lions the last time that happened. :)

hehe...

Flyboy 03-17-2007 01:56 PM

I heard that a deal was close to sending Culpepper to Detroit in exchange for the 2nd overall pick... rumor obviously, but I heard it was heavily discussed recently

fenikz 03-17-2007 02:15 PM

no body would take that deal, not even millen

Non_Sequitur 03-17-2007 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenikz (Post 226322)
no body would take that deal, not even millen

I assumed he meant Culpepper + the Vikings 1st round pick for the Lions first round pick.....

eaglesalltheway 03-17-2007 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur (Post 226248)
I didn't realize that the Lions shopping their 2nd overall pick was new news. Nor was Bly staying in Denver new news.

Before the Jets got Thomas Jones, the rumor was the Jets were going to trade up (Vilma + our first) for Adrian Peterson.

Then the rumor was the Texans trading up to get Brady Quinn.

Then the rumor was the Bills were going to trade up for Brady Quinn.

Then the rumor was the Falcons were going to trade up for Calvin Johnson.

Then the rumor was the Bills were going to trade up for Adrian Peterson.

Then the rumor was the Cardinals were going to trade up for Joe Thomas...


With that many rumors involving the Lions 2nd overall, of course they are shopping it.

Good post, exactly how I feel on it as well.

Flyboy 03-17-2007 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur (Post 226390)
I assumed he meant Culpepper + the Vikings 1st round pick for the Lions first round pick.....

That would be correct.

bearsfan_51 03-17-2007 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur (Post 226390)
I assumed he meant Culpepper + the Vikings 1st round pick for the Lions first round pick.....

Interesting that the Vikings would let the Dolphins trade their pick. I know they're a stupid franchise but I didn't know they were that stupid.

Michigan 03-17-2007 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 (Post 226970)
Interesting that the Vikings would let the Dolphins trade their pick. I know they're a stupid franchise but I didn't know they were that stupid.

XD (10 char.)

Ace 03-17-2007 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyboy (Post 226284)
I heard that a deal was close to sending Culpepper to Detroit in exchange for the 2nd overall pick... rumor obviously, but I heard it was heavily discussed recently

I would LOVE to trade Culpepper + our 9th pick to the Lions for their 2nd overall pick.

Flyboy 03-17-2007 09:15 PM

Quote:

Miami Herald is saying that the Lions and Dolphins almost pulled the trigger on a big deal on Wednesday night. The deal would have sent Detroit's #2 to Miami for #9, a 2nd Rounder, and Daunte Culpepper.
That's what one of the best Lions' fan posted at another forum that I post at. No link or anything so take it for what it's worth.

Ace 03-17-2007 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyboy (Post 227171)
That's what one of the best Lions' fan posted. No link or anything so take it for what it's worth.

Sounds BS to me. I read the Miami Herald dailey and no where did I read anything about a deal almost being done. It would have been on the front page if it was true.

detroit4life 03-17-2007 11:33 PM

why would they post a rumored trade on their frontpage? i heard the rumor but its all bs IMO Martz has said that he doesnt like culpepper as a QB in his system when he interviewed for the HC job in Miami i see no reason why they lions would take on culpepper with his injuries and huge contract

DHVF 03-17-2007 11:46 PM

lol at the C-Pep and Miami's pick for the #2 overall pick. That's basically saying that Daunte's value has gone up to a mid first rounder after his performance in 2006.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.