Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   What games are you going to this year? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41720)

Shane P. Hallam 06-30-2010 08:59 PM

What games are you going to this year?

Yes, I made a thread to gloat. But I am going to be doing some hard hitting reporting this year live from big games:

9/11/10: Won the OSU alumni lottery to get tickets to Da U @ Ohio State. Taking my brother, and going to be doing some filming, Vlogs, etc.

10/09/10: Pitt @ Notre Dame. First time going up to Notre Dame, going with my other brother. Should be pretty exciting.

I'm also going to apply to try and get some press passes for Pitt games at home.

iowatreat54 06-30-2010 09:04 PM

Probably MSU @ Iowa with my fam. My cousins all go to/went to MSU, so we've been going to the game every year for the last couple years.

Hopefully maybe either PSU@Iowa or OSU@Iowa with friends. Both games should be **** shows and awesomeness.

JFLO 06-30-2010 09:13 PM

I will be at Da U game too JBOND...

I've gone to the Michigan game for the past six seasons, regardless of location and will make it 7 this year.

I'll probably go to a smaller game too, hopefully Indiana or Eastern Michigan.

scottyboy 06-30-2010 09:23 PM

every Rutgers home game, obviously. Student season tickets for the epic win, including the bus trip up to the Army-Rutgers game at Yankees stadium. yea, I win

TACKLE 06-30-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam (Post 2214826)
9/11/10: Won the OSU alumni lottery to get tickets to Da U @ Ohio State. Taking my brother, and going to be doing some filming, Vlogs, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFLO
I will be at Da U game too JBOND...

You guys are so lucky. You will be able to watch the JaHeisman Show in person.

Shane P. Hallam 06-30-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TACKLE (Post 2214852)
You guys are so lucky. You will be able to watch the JaHeisman Show in person.

It will be fun watching him throw 3 picks to Chim :)

Sniper 06-30-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam (Post 2214880)
It will be fun watching him throw 3 picks to Chim :)

That would involve Chekwa turning around for the ball. Unlikely.

I am definitely trying to make it to a UM game this year. I'm debating which one, though. Michigan State or Wisconsin are the likely ones. Also, if I can find a reasonable ticket for the PSU game, I may go.

JBond, sounds like you have quite the schedule. Good for you.

Giantsfan1080 06-30-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyboy (Post 2214850)
every Rutgers home game, obviously. Student season tickets for the epic win, including the bus trip up to the Army-Rutgers game at Yankees stadium. yea, I win

Rutgers/Army is at the new Giants Stadium this year.

cdmPSU17 06-30-2010 10:00 PM

All of the PSU home games. So nothing great. Looking forward to next year (my senior year). 'Bama, tOSU, Iowa, Wisky, maybe Neb, all at home. Hope we find a QB by then.

Brent 06-30-2010 11:08 PM

CashmoneyDrew 07-01-2010 01:35 AM

All the MTSU games I can as well as whatever UT tickets I can get my hands on. I might go to a Vandy game or two this year as well. Their tix are cheap and I haven't been in a while.

scottyboy 07-01-2010 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 (Post 2214902)
Rutgers/Army is at the new Giants Stadium this year.

i was watching the yankees while posting that haha. yes, new giants stadium, but I'll be there!

you better come to a lot of games so we can hang out!

HindSight 07-01-2010 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper (Post 2214901)
That would involve Chekwa turning around for the ball. Unlikely.

Not necessarily. The ref might not see/call the PI and he could grab the ball on a bounce or something.

Hines 07-01-2010 09:02 AM

The only game that interests me in the regular season is about 3 hours away. That is UofA-Iowa.

I would be interested in going to the Insight, Fiesta, and NCG(I think it's in AZ this year), but I'll be in PA by then.

wicket 07-01-2010 10:09 AM

prolly gonna go to a ND homegame somewhere in late septermber early october, when my thesis is under official evaluation

critesy 07-01-2010 04:29 PM

me and 2 friends are takin a road trip to auburn for the lsu or georgia game.

if i pass through your state we should have some beers!

nrk 07-03-2010 05:58 PM

I've got season tickets (meaning my dad does) so I'll go to almost all of the OU home games. I'll probably go to the bar to watch the Iowa State game. I want to go to OU/TX if I can get some friends to go.

DeathbyStat 07-03-2010 06:21 PM

Graduated Penn State so won't going to those games so that will be sad

planning on going to Miami and Pitt to see Baldwin and Romeus

kwilk103 07-05-2010 07:34 PM

all wvu home games

wvu-pitt
wvu-lsu

TitanHope 07-05-2010 07:54 PM

My dad and I have made a tradition to go to one SEC Bowl Game every year, even if the Vols aren't playing in it. Last year it was South Carolina/UConn (LOL Spurrier), and the year before that was Vandy/Boston College. I'm hoping for the Chik-Fil-A Bowl this year, the Bowl that the Vols go to (knock on wood), or the Outback Bowl and celebrate New Years on the beach.

My dad was brave enough to walk all the way up to the nosebleeds on the Gamecock side of the stadium wearing his bright orange Tennessee Vols sweater. It was awesome. It was freezing, but we came prepared after freezing our asses off the year before in Nashville (8-degrees out, next to the TN River, all the way up in the nosebleed section). Vandy won though, which was an amazing feat for them, so it was cool to experience all that.

Maybe Next Year Millen2 07-08-2010 01:22 PM

Kent State, Illinois, Michigan and Michigan State at Penn State. All PSU wins. And Indiana vs Penn State in DC where I live. Another PSU victory.

Most likely PSU bowl game in the BCS Championship game of course too.

Possibly PSU at Alabama but we shall see depends on my Detroit at Green Bay trip cost.

CJSchneider 07-08-2010 01:39 PM

I usually get back to Natchitoches to see 2-3 NSU games a year. We play Air Force this season so I really want to make that one and show some support for NSU's cadet corps. One of these days the Independence Bowl will be on a day other than my anniversary and I'll be able to go to it.

andyjo672 07-14-2010 10:28 PM

Bought season tickets to the University of Michigan this year as I'll be heading there for grad school but will not once say "Go Blue" or ever wear a piece of clothing supporting the maize and blue. Rather, I'll just wear anit-the other team stuff (except for the Badger game, where I'll be in full support of UW). Pretty excited to see the Big House, although I've heard it's eerily quiet.

Brent 07-14-2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJSchneider (Post 2221265)
One of these days the Independence Bowl will be on a day other than my anniversary and I'll be able to go to it.

I went last year and froze my ass off. ******* Georgia.

dannyz 07-15-2010 01:12 AM

I would love to go to the Texas - Nebraska Game.