Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   UNC Football under investigation? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41882)

iowatreat54 07-16-2010 11:31 AM

UNC Football under investigation?
 
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0tpwgJflT

Quote:

North Carolina athletic director Dick Baddour said Thursday the NCAA is investigating a sports program at the school regarding possible rules violations.

Baddour declined to say which sport, but a person familiar with the investigation told The Associated Press the NCAA is looking at Butch Davis' football program. The person spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because the investigation is confidential.



Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0trbbCewC
Might not be the football program, but still pretty interesting development if it is...

Here's another story from ESPN that's a bit more in depth with more "anonymous" sources.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5384232

TitanHope 07-16-2010 11:47 AM

Supposedly it had to do with 2010 recruits DE Corey Miller (signed with Tennessee) and DE Brandon Willis (signed with UNC). These two were at the center of the Tennessee "Hostessgate" controversy as well.

Y'see, what had happen was... Miller was being harrassed by a UNC fan on facebook. The UNC fan was apparently criticizing Miller for choosing UT while Willis was going back and forth from UT to UNC, and for the shadyness of the UT hostesses traveling to one of their games. His reply back to the UNC fan was this:

"and since we on this lets talk about how ya under tha table DL coach wanted to pay me to come to school.....???? No answer??? and how he showed me to diff chicks he put on my homie??? OOhhh UNC is so much better! U a lame yung gunna"


Someone got ahold of him about the implications of ratting out UNC, so he deleted the post shortly after. The accused recruiter is John Blake, former HC at Oklahoma and currently the Associate HC/Recruiting Coordinator/DL Coach. Apparently he's garnered the nickname "Black Santa" over the years.

SchizophrenicBatman 07-16-2010 12:16 PM

no, it has nothing to do with Miller...though I certainly hope the NCAA has received some anonymous emails about it :)

Right now the focus of the investigation seems to be on Tits Austin, Greg Little, Deunta Williams and the rest of the crew that came back despite being NFL prospects. A lot of agent impropriety supposedly going on, and Black Santa (John Blake, DL coach and their main recruiter) seems to be involved with one particular agent who Kentwan Balmer signed with, and there's a whole investigation with that going on where Austin had a trip to Miami paid for, has been driving around Balmer's sick car, etc

Brent 07-16-2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman (Post 2230607)
Tits Austin

I hope that is his real name

TitanHope 07-16-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman (Post 2230607)
no, it has nothing to do with Miller...though I certainly hope the NCAA has received some anonymous emails about it :)

Right now the focus of the investigation seems to be on Tits Austin, Greg Little, Deunta Williams and the rest of the crew that came back despite being NFL prospects. A lot of agent impropriety supposedly going on, and Black Santa (John Blake, DL coach and their main recruiter) seems to be involved with one particular agent who Kentwan Balmer signed with, and there's a whole investigation with that going on where Austin had a trip to Miami paid for, has been driving around Balmer's sick car, etc

Thanks for the info. Glad to know Miller won't be distracted by a NCAA hearing or being involved in an investigation just because he popped off to a pitiful facebook stalker.

Still, it seems Blake is at the center of both situations.

descendency 07-16-2010 02:13 PM

I was wondering when they would get around to those anonymous e-mails I was sending...

/sarcasm

RealityCheck 07-17-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman (Post 2230607)
Right now the focus of the investigation seems to be on Tits Austin, Greg Little, Deunta Williams and the rest of the crew that came back despite being NFL prospects.

Yeah, blame them on returning to school because they wanted a shot at a good season.

Seriously, what the hell is going on?

Yeah, let's keep blaming UNC, because it's always their fault! Specially, let's blame Marvin Austin! He sucks and he has man tits! Yeah, WE HAVE CENSORS FOR A GOD **** REASON, thank god Quinn and Carter are out of this.

And while reading the comments on ESPN...
"I wondered how UNC was recruiting so well in football. I guess it's easy to pull in the top football recruits to a basketball school when you're paying them."
Yeah, jackass, prove Blake was paying them. Sure, it's weird that such an average program became an awesome program out of nowhere, but that doesn't mean something rule-breaking is happening.

Plus, if this was true, we'd be landing Jadeveon Clowney, James Wilder, Teddy Bridgewater and every single other 5* guy in the country.

Back to the ESPN.com comments... "How else did they get their good defense players?"

Idiot. Burney, Deunta, Carter, Sturdivant. Who they were in HS? A bunch of freaking nobodies. They became All-American candidates under UNC's excellent coaching staff. Learn before you talk, stupid hole.

Oh, and NCAA, why don't you go investigate your beloved Crimson Tide, Buckeyes, Tigers, Longhorns and Gators? It's weird that they're the only ones who actually get to play in the championship game every year, don't you agree?
Oh no, I know why the NCAA doesn't go investigate them, because they're so nice! Their 5* freshmen QBs don't drive Corvettes, and so it goes on, right, Mr. Pryor?

Yeah, let's keep blaming and probing the ACC and the Pac-10. Because the SEC and the Big Ten are great conferences with perfect, role model schools.

/sarcasm-filled rant ends here

Besides, if Blake was actually paying them under the table to pay for UNC... well, I'm pretty sure the NCAA makes trucks of money under those kids who study, work and practice like idiots for nothing.

Brent 07-17-2010 12:28 PM

I can feel your anger; it gives you strength!

RealityCheck 07-17-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 2231545)
I can feel your anger; it gives you strength!

Thank you. Makes me want to stab someone.

SchizophrenicBatman 07-17-2010 05:30 PM

lol dude youre so mad. reality check bro, the ncaa is on the campus. maybe old deano can remember this, but blake's nickname didnt come out of nowhere. "awesome program" lmao. I didnt know 20-18 (11-13) in the turd Atlantic Coast Conference was something to brag about but ok. I'm guessing theyre investigating you because Austin was all over the internet gloating about it. Dont worry though, the SEC will get theirs, I hear this is just the beginning. The NCAA is out for blood and all National Championship contenders (thanks Zach Brown) better be on the watch out


RealityCheck 07-17-2010 07:33 PM

Well, I always knew Marvin was an a-hole. But they should leave Greg and the rest of the kids out of this.

Damn, this is so confusing and out of control. Way to ruin a promising season, NCAA.

Sniper 07-17-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealityCheck (Post 2231884)
Way to ruin a promising season, NCAA.

So it's the NCAA's fault that your team did illegal stuff?

Brent 07-17-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper (Post 2231907)
So it's the NCAA's fault that your team did illegal stuff?

I think that's pretty clear. Didn't you hear? It's not Reggie Bush's fault he did illegal stuff, it was definitely the NCAA's.

RealityCheck 07-17-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper (Post 2231907)
So it's the NCAA's fault that your team did illegal stuff?

The 'illegal stuff' you talk about is a stupid comment from a freshman from another team in a Facebook page?

Sniper 07-17-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealityCheck (Post 2231508)
Oh, and NCAA, why don't you go investigate your beloved Crimson Tide, Buckeyes

Both have been the subject of major investigations in recent years.

Quote:

Longhorns
Do you have any idea how easy recruiting has to be for Mack Brown?

Quote:

and Gators? It's weird that they're the only ones who actually get to play in the championship game every year, don't you agree?
No. You're just being bitter. They make it because they're better teams and most of them have significant legal recruiting advantages.

Quote:

Yeah, let's keep blaming and probing the ACC and the Pac-10. Because the SEC and the Big Ten are great conferences with perfect, role model schools.
Hi! I'm Michigan's major investigation for stretching too much. Have we met? SEC teams routinely rank amongst the top schools in violations.

Sniper 07-17-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealityCheck (Post 2231508)
Besides, if Blake was actually paying them under the table to pay for UNC... well, I'm pretty sure the NCAA makes trucks of money under those kids who study, work and practice like idiots for nothing.

So this means that Blake is allowed to break the rules that the NCAA has in place? I'm in favor of college players getting paid, but your argument is pathetic.

RealityCheck 07-17-2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper (Post 2231920)
They make it because they're better teams (...)

Wait, wait, wait.

Last season, Boise State, TCU and Cincy all had the same record as Alabama and Texas. So tell me why they didn't get a shot at the national title?

Oh, yeah, let's see: it's because they're Texas and Alabama. They have tradition in this thing. The NCAA doesn't want their sport ruined by teams like them winning their titles.

And since the NCAA knows what happens in their business, and they know UNC's football program is growing a reputation in an abnormal state, as far as being called potential contenders for the following season, they're now punishing us. And they're using the silliest of the reasons for that: the excess of talent in our defense.

All they're doing is protecting their sweetheart schools from the 'threat' of a potential powerhouse coming from the ACC (or any other conference not named SEC/Big 12/Big Ten). That's why Boise and TCU are getting screwed for straight years. That's why Utah was screwed some years ago.

Ladies and gentlemen, in case you haven't noticed it yet... it's a conspiracy. All a damn conspiracy.

Sniper 07-17-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealityCheck (Post 2231927)
Wait, wait, wait.

Last season, Boise State, TCU and Cincy all had the same record as Alabama and Texas. So tell me why they didn't get a shot at the national title?

Because of two reasons.

1. They weren't as good.
2. Their schedule was easier.

Quote:

All they're doing is protecting their sweetheart schools from the 'threat' of a potential powerhouse coming from the ACC.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman (Post 2231790)
"awesome program" lmao. I didnt know 20-18 (11-13) in the turd Atlantic Coast Conference was something to brag about but ok.

Quote:

Ladies and gentlemen, in case you haven't noticed it yet... it's a conspiracy. All a damn conspiracy.
Signed,

The USC Trojans.

It's a conspiracy to screw the teams that aren't following the rules.

RealityCheck 07-17-2010 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper (Post 2231947)
1. They weren't as good.

What makes you think that? The only way to prove that is on the football field. And yeah, I'm pretty sure Boise could beat 'Bama last year.

And what makes me pissed off to the top is that everybody thinks that Little, Austin, Carter, Sturdivant, Deunta and Burney stayed at UNC for their senior seasons because UNC paid them for that. Yeah, so they don't have the right to stick around and spend one more year in college? Is that against the rules? Well, why don't you go investigate UW about Locker's return, seeing that he was a clear-cut Top 5 pick this year?

TitanHope 07-17-2010 08:24 PM

Friggin' USC just got slammed. I don't see how this would be the NCAA picking on the little guy or certain conferences.


What did Austin say when he was bragging about it?

Sniper 07-17-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealityCheck (Post 2231954)
What makes you think that? The only way to prove that is on the football field. And yeah, I'm pretty sure Boise could beat 'Bama last year.

I'm pretty sure this ranks up there with your Mangini over Belichick comment in terms of sheer idiocy.

Alabama had...

No. 2 scoring defense in the country
No. 2 rushing defense in the country
No. 10 passing defense in the country
No. 12 rushing offense in the country

Alabama would have skull****** Boise.

RealityCheck 07-17-2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper (Post 2231963)
I'm pretty sure this ranks up there with your Mangini over Belichick comment in terms of sheer idiocy.

Alabama had...

No. 2 scoring defense in the country
No. 2 rushing defense in the country
No. 10 passing defense in the country
No. 12 rushing offense in the country

Alabama would have skullfucked Boise.

And Boise had the best QB in the nation alongside a powerful offensive corp and an extremely solid defense as well.

Dude, never say that "Team A would have beaten Team B". Remember, your own team suffered an unpredictable loss some years ago... to Appalachian State.

Sniper 07-17-2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealityCheck (Post 2231967)
And Boise had the best QB in the nation

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL .

Quote:

alongside a powerful offensive corp and an extremely solid defense as well.
Yeah, that powerful offense really did a lot against the two non-****** teams that they faced. 19 against Oregon and 17 against TCU.

Alabama put up 34 against Virginia Tech, 24 against LSU, 22 against Ole Miss, 20 against South Carolina, 32 against Florida (!), and 37 against Texas. That team was disgusting.

wonderbredd24 07-17-2010 08:40 PM

College football players are never going to be paid, because schools do not want to pay the rowing team, gymnastics, or any other non revenue sports' athletes in accordance with Title IX. All it would do is kill those sports, so basically the only sports that would exist would be football, basketball, a few top programs in other sports, and however many girls' sports are necessary to appease Title IX.

College players getting paid is against the rules at USC, UNC, or anywhere else.

UNC is not being targeted. The NCAA didn't conspire to kill Florida State or Miami at the height of their power coming from the ACC or Big East respectively. This argument is nothing but bitter whining at this point.

I'm sorry your school has never been much at football outside of sending a few tremendous players to the NFL and the second they are on the verge of being decent, they get hammered for cheating, but it's hardly uncommon for programs that come out of seemingly nowhere to do it this way; ask West Virginia and Oregon.

This was never going to be sustained success for UNC anyway as Butch Davis will be leaving sooner than later for the conference you despise so much - the SEC. UNC getting hit for sanctions will only serve to speed up that process

RealityCheck 07-17-2010 08:40 PM

Alright, Sniper, we'll remain this productive conversation whenever you find one QB who was better than Moore the entire season.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.