Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   2010/2011 Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41983)

Hines 07-25-2010 08:48 AM

2010/2011 Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion Thread

Football is a little under a week away! I love the fact that we are under the radar right now. Hines Ward said it best: "When noone gives us a chance, we win the Super Bowl. If people say we are going to win it, we miss the playoffs."

Now I'm not going to say it's going to be easy. We are without three of our best offensive players in Ben, Colon, and Tone. If we somehow make it 2-2 when Ben gets back, I think he could come back pissed off.

Discuss all things Pittsburgh Steelers in this thread!

Hines 07-25-2010 08:48 AM

Is anyone going to Training Camp this year? I know for certain I'm going once, but I might go again earlier.

brat316 07-25-2010 08:52 AM

Yeah lets go this.

DeathbyStat 07-25-2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HinesWardJr (Post 2240354)
Is anyone going to Training Camp this year? I know for certain I'm going once, but I might go again earlier.

I go every year

Hines 07-25-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathbyStat (Post 2240372)
I go every year

I'll for sure be going to the night practice. When you going?

Jakey 07-25-2010 02:15 PM

Who are you guys looking forward to watch play this camp/preseason/season?

Out of the Rookies im intersted to see how, Pouncey, Dwyer, Sylvester, and the wideouts do.

- Pouncey to see if he's ready to step in and play, either at guard or center.
- Dwyer to see if he is as good in pads as he was in the OTA's. And to see his goaline/short yardage skills.
- Sylvester to see if he is as good a special teams player as he looks in his highlight vids.
- Sanders and Brown to see if either can step up fast enough to replace Wallace's role from last year, and keep the defences from double teaming Wallace and Hines...Randle El and Battle just arent explosive enough to warrant defences to worry.

It'll be interesting to see the competition between Worilds ad Gibson, im sure theyll be pushing each other, but i dont expect either to stand out that much in the early stages.

What you guys think?

Mr. Goosemahn 07-25-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakey (Post 2240559)
Who are you guys looking forward to watch play this camp/preseason/season?

Out of the Rookies im intersted to see how, Pouncey, Dwyer, Sylvester, and the wideouts do.

- Pouncey to see if he's ready to step in and play, either at guard or center.
- Dwyer to see if he is as good in pads as he was in the OTA's. And to see his goaline/short yardage skills.
- Sylvester to see if he is as good a special teams player as he looks in his highlight vids.
- Sanders and Brown to see if either can step up fast enough to replace Wallace's role from last year, and keep the defences from double teaming Wallace and Hines...Randle El and Battle just arent explosive enough to warrant defences to worry.

It'll be interesting to see the competition between Worilds ad Gibson, im sure theyll be pushing each other, but i dont expect either to stand out that much in the early stages.

What you guys think?

Yeah, definitely interested in seeing those guys.

Also Summers to see if he developed at all, Foster, J. Scott, and the guy we signed at RT, and both Foote and McFadden to see how fast they re-adapt to our defense.

Hines 07-25-2010 06:12 PM

I'm looking forward to all the young corners and how the develop.

Jakey 07-25-2010 06:33 PM

Apparently there is allot of intrigue around Ramon Foster within the organisation, and allot of scouts already believe he will win the starting RT job.

The signing of Adrian Jones is solely for depth at the RG spot.

Mr. Goosemahn 07-25-2010 10:51 PM

Oh, I also want to see how Demetrius Taylor does. Hopefully we found our next good run-blocking FB.

Hines 07-25-2010 10:59 PM

There is always ones UDFA to make the team. I think Taylor is that guy.

Hines 07-26-2010 09:49 AM

http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Pi...-Be-Gentleman/

A very nice story about Woodley. He's creeping up my list of favorite players.

tenorx 07-26-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HinesWardJr (Post 2241167)
http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Pi...-Be-Gentleman/

A very nice story about Woodley. He's creeping up my list of favorite players.

He is already my No. 2 player, but he can't beat Polamalu out. By the way he is making a fantasy league, you can try your luck on his facebook page :)

Hines 07-26-2010 10:46 AM

Yes I saw that. I might make a video and try and get in that. Haha.

Mr. Goosemahn 07-26-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HinesWardJr (Post 2241208)
Yes I saw that. I might make a video and try and get in that. Haha.

Make a montage like JBond's. Except talk about him being awesome.

K Train 07-26-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Wasting no time, Woodley tossed his suitcase into his SUV and tore up I-80 heading north. He drove for hours
his ass is still driving if he was trying to go north on I-80

Mr. Goosemahn 07-26-2010 12:03 PM

So do you guys think we'll get both Pouncey and Worilds signed for camp? It would be the first time in a long time that a rookie would not be there for the start of TC.

K Train 07-26-2010 12:07 PM

i would assume so, it would be laughable if worilds held out...rare to see a second rounder hold out, and i dont think worilds was great value at that slot anyway.

id be surprised if pouncey wasnt in on time, it might rely on iupati's deal alot though

Hines 07-26-2010 12:10 PM

I think Worilds' deal has been delayed because he wanted to see what Lee got.

Hines 07-26-2010 12:13 PM

I think Worilds' deal has been delayed because he wanted to see what Lee got

Mr. Goosemahn 07-26-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HinesWardJr (Post 2241334)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HinesWardJr (Post 2241334)

Post *****! POST *****! Lol, jk jk.

Yeah, and I was also reading that there are actually very few first round picks that have already signed. Makes it even more surprising that Bryant is one of them.

K Train 07-26-2010 12:33 PM

who else is signed besides bryant?

Mr. Goosemahn 07-26-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 2241368)
who else is signed besides bryant?

Wow, apparently no one else.

http://backseatfan.com/2010/05/2010-...-team-by-team/

K Train 07-26-2010 12:42 PM

yeah i didnt think so lol, bryant got low balled too i cant believe he signed it being a potential top 10 pick...hes getting 11.8 which is what beanie wells got at 31 last year and 8.5 guaranteed which is just on par with what mack and harvin got last year in the early 20s, its usually a substantial increase i though he'd get 16 mil with 9-9.5 guaranteed

Mr. Goosemahn 07-26-2010 12:59 PM

Woohoo! Woodley won't hold out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5410540