Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Russell Okung becomes last rookie to sign. (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42120)

jballa838 08-06-2010 12:36 PM

Russell Okung becomes last rookie to sign.
 
5 years 30 mil guaranteed or something like that, escalators up to 48 I think.

Cicero 08-06-2010 01:47 PM

About time. Glad to get that out of the way.

jballa838 08-06-2010 03:58 PM

i agree. now we can get to losing enough games to get Jake Locker.

Babylon 08-06-2010 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jballa838 (Post 2252267)
i agree. now we can get to losing enough games to get Jake Locker.

I dont think that mentality will kick in till December, at least for management.

As for Okung the post should have added...."and immediately becomes the Hawks best lineman"

summond822 08-07-2010 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 2252273)
I dont think that mentality will kick in till December, at least for management.

As for Okung the post should have added...."and immediately becomes the Hawks best lineman"

Well either way we're probably looking at another Top 5 pick and if somehow Mallet or Luck passes Locker than we can get Jake and all is good.

Although either of those two could be a heck of a consolation prize...especially Luck.

Cicero 08-07-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summond822 (Post 2253326)
Well either way we're probably looking at another Top 5 pick and if somehow Mallet or Luck passes Locker than we can get Jake and all is good.

Although either of those two could be a heck of a consolation prize...especially Luck.

See in any other division I would be thinking that but the other QBs in our division are Matt Leinart, Sam Bradford, and Alex Smith so we could conceivably pick up quite a few wins due to terrible QB play.

Babylon 08-08-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicero (Post 2253444)
See in any other division I would be thinking that but the other QBs in our division are Matt Leinart, Sam Bradford, and Alex Smith so we could conceivably pick up quite a few wins due to terrible QB play.

Hard to say how many wins they can stumble into. The Rams will still be lousy but SF and Ariz. should still be better than Seattle.

As for Locker if they are in the top 10 in the draft they should be able to trade up with teams like St Louis and Buffalo, especially if Jake's year for whatever reason isnt too terrific. Let's get on record as saying he isnt all that good, maybe people will listen.:-D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.