Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Opinions Please (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4243)

remix 6 03-18-2007 05:04 PM

Opinions Please

This kid "SmashMouth" or w.e keeps insisting Patriots will/should draft Leonard because he can be our featured back and be a starter that we need. Heres what hes saying

-Leonard is as fast and quick as Maroney
-Leonard is bigger and stronger than Maroney
-Says Maroney is not a featured back and we need someone who can start

Can someone please help me get it through his head that Maroney faster and quicker on the field than Leonard and that Maroney will be fine as a featured back.

Need some opinions please. Thanks

HoopsDemon12 03-18-2007 05:11 PM

nah nah leonard will be fine in his own right but i mean come on maurony(seriouslly had a brain fart and cant rememeber how to spell his name) is gonan be a beast next year...and as the feature back take the order for atleast 1200 yards and 9 tds now

bigbluedefense 03-18-2007 05:11 PM

Leonard lacks the lateral movement and hip fluidity to be a feature back. He's too stiff out there.

I like Leonard. He's from Jersey. I support my Jersey boys. But he has too many youknowwhat riders. He's a player without a position, who will probably fit best as an HBack in the 2 TE offense. I don't like him as a fulltime RB.

duckseason 03-18-2007 05:14 PM

Wow. How moronic. I see Maroney as being one of the next great RB's. He should establish himself as one of the best in the game in the next few years, IMO. Even if you don't agree with that, it's ludicrous to say he isn't a feature back.

Flyboy 03-18-2007 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 228756)
I like Leonard. He's from Jersey. I support my Jersey boys. But he has too many youknowwhat riders. He's a player without a position, who will probably fit best as an HBack in the 2 TE offense. I don't like him as a fulltime RB.

He reminds me of a more athletic Cooley which isn't a bad thing at all.

Eaglez.Fan 03-18-2007 05:18 PM

IMO the Pats should still take him, but no way will he replace Maroney.

MP123 03-18-2007 05:20 PM

Leonard isn't a first rounder. Anyone who uses a first rounder on him will regret it.

Beans 03-18-2007 05:22 PM

The Pats should take him, Maroney and Leonard would be the most beastly pair ever.

As would Cadillac/Leonard.

remix 6 03-18-2007 05:25 PM

thanks guys. hope he reads this

he kept saying "Leonard is faster and quicker than Maroney..he got a better 3 cone than Lynch and Peterson etc etc"

pissed me off and hes impossible to push off the "Leonard as a featured back and better than Maroney" wagon

Splat 03-18-2007 05:29 PM

IMO Maroney can be a featured back for sure in the NFL he could have last year if they didn't have CD.

remix 6 03-18-2007 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splat420 (Post 228811)
IMO Maroney can be a featured back for sure in the NFL he could have last year if they didn't have CD.

oh thanks for reminding me

he stated: Maroney is not a feature back..he couldnt start over Dillon last year.

Splat 03-18-2007 05:41 PM

Dillon all ready new the O and was making a lot of money and we all know CD is not the best locker room guy it would have been bad for the team if they would have sat him he would of threw a fit. That being said even not starting LM out played CD Dillion was not starting next year even if he stayed with NE the job was going to go to LM and still will.

Number 10 03-18-2007 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 228756)
Leonard lacks the lateral movement and hip fluidity to be a feature back. He's too stiff out there.

Thats what people said about Brandon Jacobs when he came into the NFL.

Go figure.

I still stand by my statement that the kid can be a tailback in the NFL but with that said, he is not better than Maroney.

remix 6 03-18-2007 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 10 (Post 228862)
Thats what people said about Brandon Jacobs when he came into the NFL.

Go figure.

I still stand by my statement that the kid can be a tailback in the NFL but with that said, he is not better than Maroney.

well Jacobs has this year to show something..he'll get a good bulk of carry if not most of it.

Splat 03-18-2007 05:51 PM

I'm not sold on Brandon Jacobs.

Severe Punishment 03-18-2007 06:22 PM

So he likes Leonard, even better than maroney...seriously what harm is this causing and why do you care what he thinks ?

remix 6 03-18-2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severe Punishment (Post 228942)
So he likes Leonard, even better than maroney...seriously what harm is this causing and why do you care what he thinks ?

i could care less if he likes Leonard. thats not my problem

kid is being stupid saying Leonard is faster, quicker and stronger than Maroney and says Maroney is not a featured back and Leonard should be drafted to be the starter in New England.

if you dont have anything good to say dont say nothing Severe.

Severe Punishment 03-18-2007 06:30 PM

There are millions of stupid posts from stupid people you can find online at any given time....just don't give yourself a stroke caring about them.
That's all I'm sayin

princefielder28 03-18-2007 06:32 PM

Tell him he's wrong. Leonard is a threat out of the backfield but Maroney is a back that can take the load and be a very successful back in the NFL. He played unbelieveable at Minnesota and that will translate right to the NFL once he becomes the full time starter and that time is now.

duckseason 03-18-2007 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severe Punishment (Post 228942)

One of the greatest aspects of sports is the arguments. They're arguing about his favorite team. Me and my brother had fist fights over things like whether or not his 9ers intentionally allowed Candlestick to become muddy for the '94 NFC Championship against my Cowboys. It's what memories are made of.

etk 03-18-2007 06:51 PM

Brian Leonard is not NFL starting tailback material. He can be a West Coast FB/H-back, but at RB his potential is limited to that of a Nick Goings.

luckyjackaubrey 03-18-2007 07:12 PM

Maroney will be a great back but I like the choice of Leonard for many reasons.

#1 You need depth in the nfl. Maroney didn't make it through last year in one
piece and few do. This team likes a healty back on the field and often
chose to keep Dillon on the bench with minor dings. You gotta practice
all week to play for Bill.

#2 Maroney will be great but I still think you need to push him. Sophmore
jinx is not a well known phenomena because someone made it up. I saw
a different back after he came back from the 2 game injury hiatus. He
was tentative hitting holes and the 3rd gear was not as evident. Having
a 2nd option is a good thing. Sammy Morris is depth, k Faulk is 3rd down
back, Evans is a cult hero / special teams guy.
#3 The Patriots are a diverse offense that morphs weekly. What Maroney
does one week, Leonard will do differently the next. Their skill sets
are complimentary.
#4 I like leonard's makeup. I think he would have no problem being the 2nd
guy and would respond to Bill telling him to bust his butt for playing
time. The push would keep LM working hard. I think he needs to be
challenged.

ninerfan 03-18-2007 07:33 PM

Maroney and vet back up will do the Pats just fine

remix 6 03-18-2007 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninerfan (Post 229128)
Maroney and vet back up will do the Pats just fine

which is Sammy Morris who he says cant start incase an emergy and same with Faulk

although both have started in past and Morris did better than Brown last year filling in :\

Smooth Criminal 03-18-2007 08:13 PM

I like Maroney alot but I do think some of his success came from the fact that they had Dillon. I think getting a guy like Leonard that can also be a weapon in the passing and running game from FB would be a great move for the Pats. They really don't have any glaring needs after signing talents at LB and WR and signing back Samual. I think adding Leonard would add another dimension to their offense and give Brady yet another weapon to use.