Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   College Gameday Thread: Week 3 (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42752)

draftguru151 09-14-2010 08:05 PM

College Gameday Thread: Week 3

Discuss all week 3 games.

Cincy vs NC State on Thursday night. Kansas vs Southern Miss and Cal vs Nevada on Friday night.

Arkansas @ UGA, Maryland @ WVU, GT @ UNC and ECU @ Va Tech are some solid early games. Nebraska vs Washington should be a nice test for Locker (as well as a chance to see Taylor Martinez against a somewhat legit team). Arizona State @ Wisconsin, UF vs Tenn and BYU vs FSU are the other afternoon match ups. Miss St/LSU, Clemson/Auburn and Texas/TT are the late games. Iowa and Arizona play late, Wake Forest and Stanford play super late.

Not quite as good as last week but a lot of interesting match ups this week.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule

wonderbredd24 09-14-2010 08:11 PM

I am definitely looking forward to seeing Washington against Nebraska.

Not only does Locker have to deal with a talented DLine including Jared Crick, but the only semi reliable receiver has will likely be covered by Prince Amakamura the whole game, so it will be interesting to see what Locker can do.

critesy 09-14-2010 10:33 PM

college gameday is in auburn this week vs clemson!! why is this special you might ask.. cause im leaving tomorrow morning to drive there all the way from canada! wooo. 32+ hours.

thenewfeature06 09-14-2010 10:40 PM

Shaun Draughn RB for UNC has also been cleared to play, alot of players have been saying that we needed the bye week to prepare for GT, first home game which is good and looking forward to how we respond from such a close lost to LSU.

Outside of the homer in me, Locker facing a defense like Nebraska will be interesting but other than that kind of weak schedule. Clemson and Burn should be a great game, and if I have somebody on upset alert (not giant upsets) but UF in Neyland could be scary for the Gators imo and Miss St/LSU

critesy 09-14-2010 11:27 PM

stoppping in omaha, nebraska on wednesday night and memphis on thursday night! and auburn friday!

M.O.T.H. 09-14-2010 11:45 PM

Could move into the top 10 with a win over Furman and some help. Rare territory for South Carolina. lol. I love it, though.

I'll be watching Auburn closely this week...I dont buy that ranking. And SCAR plays them next week, so we'll see how that one goes.

critesy 09-14-2010 11:58 PM

yeah auburn has looked very shady i understand where youre coming from. malzahn has said his upping the tempo of the offense alot this week so we shall see how it does against a good defense like clemson. good thing is we have south carolina at home.

yourfavestoner 09-15-2010 12:07 AM

Tennessee is going to beat Florida. Ugh.

M.O.T.H. 09-15-2010 12:11 AM

Of course they will...they have a Simms leading the way. lol.

Oh and this guy...

iowatreat54 09-15-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by critesy (Post 2294795)
college gameday is in auburn this week vs clemson!! why is this special you might ask.. cause im leaving tomorrow morning to drive there all the way from canada! wooo. 32+ hours.

Boooooo hisssssss. It should be in Tuscon, much better game.

But it's probably too late for them. FU west coast time.

iowatreat54 09-15-2010 11:32 AM

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...25-iowa-parker

Iowa DC Norm Parker not making the trip to Arizona.

For those that don't know, Parker has diabetes and has lost I believe 2 or 3 toes from it, and is regularly in and out of the hospital. He missed last weeks game after having to check in to the hospital the day before.

As for the effect on the game, this could be pretty big. Iowa is known to have a well disciplined defense that thrives on preparation and execution, a good bulk of which is established during practices. We'll have to see how much this affects game day as it could be a huge game changer in favor of Arizona, or have little to no effect at all.

Sniper 09-15-2010 11:48 AM

Will Michigan be over or under .500 against 1-AA teams after this weekend? Tune in to the Denard Robinson Show to find out!

M.O.T.H. 09-15-2010 02:50 PM

Gamecocks booted Wesyle Saunders off the team. Guy never panned out like I expected him to anyway. Still, he was considered to be one of the top prospects at TE for the upcoming draft. Kiper loves the guy for whatever reason, had him ranked #2. He's always been pretty over weight and lazy, honestly.

RealityCheck 09-15-2010 04:39 PM

I'm very, very confident about the GT game.

Brent 09-15-2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iowatreat54 (Post 2295123)
Boooooo hisssssss. It should be in Tuscon, much better game.

ESPN showing love for teams in Pacific Time who aren't USC? Not possible.

Smooth Criminal 09-15-2010 05:34 PM

A couple of pretty good matchups. Nothing like last weekend, but I wanna see Iowa and Arizona, Nebraska and Washington, and Florida and Tennessee.

yourfavestoner 09-15-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 2295527)
ESPN showing love for teams in Pacific Time who aren't USC? Not possible.

TBH, that's the #1 cause for my irrational hatred of USC.

That and all the ******* bandwagon fans, but that's to be expected in southern California.

diabsoule 09-15-2010 05:42 PM

This is the first time in a long time that LSU fans are nervous about playing Mississippi State.

619 09-15-2010 05:50 PM

I got Nebraska and Washington down as my game of the week.

Brent 09-15-2010 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourfavestoner (Post 2295532)
TBH, that's the #1 cause for my irrational hatred of USC.

That and all the ******* bandwagon fans, but that's to be expected in southern California.

Replace USC with U of Texas in that statement and you see why I can't stand any one who is a fan of UT.

thenewfeature06 09-15-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealityCheck (Post 2295462)
I'm very, very confident about the GT game.

As am I..2 weeks to prepare for the option is always good, Droughn is back as well as though he isn't a game breaker he complements J White and can cut it up and get up field, he runs like Marion Barber. Tech is still dangerous but we are pretty motivated for this game and them losing players like Morgan, Thomas, and Dwyer has already shown to hurt them. First home game too!

draftguru151 09-15-2010 06:43 PM

If I get Bama/Duke instead of Neb/Wash I'm gonna be piiiiiiiiiissed.

thenewfeature06 09-15-2010 06:45 PM

I mean I am in MD so I will probably get the Dukies, fml..

Espn360 is where its at

Giantsfan1080 09-15-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 (Post 2295650)
I mean I am in MD so I will probably get the Dukies, fml..

Espn360 is where its at

Unless of course you don't get ESPN 3, like me and other Cablevision customers.

thenewfeature06 09-15-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 (Post 2295658)
Unless of course you don't get ESPN 3, like me and other Cablevision customers.

Lol. I have reg cable too brotha, laptop or computer works.

Just add .com