Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   The Official Boardwalk Empire Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42899)

Todd Bertuzzi 09-22-2010 06:11 PM

The Official Boardwalk Empire Thread

Discuss!

Does Michael Pitt remind anyone else of Leo?

vidae 09-22-2010 06:19 PM

Yeah, it's eerily close.

Great pilot episode. Can't wait for next week.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender 09-22-2010 06:37 PM

Same, its distracting. I like what I saw, Ill be watching.

Don Vito 09-22-2010 06:47 PM

Sunday was awesome, the only thing I don't like about the show is that even though he was great in the first episode, I think of two things everytime I see Steve Buscemi:

and

Not even Reservoir Dogs, just Billy Madison and Mr. Deeds.

Giantsfan1080 09-22-2010 06:50 PM

Great show. If I had to make a show about something it would be this.

yourfavestoner 09-22-2010 08:44 PM

I found the pilot incredibly boring. I'll give it one more week to hook me.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender 09-22-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 2305324)
Sunday was awesome, the only thing I don't like about the show is that even though he was great in the first episode, I think of two things everytime I see Steve Buscemi:

and

I think of Con-Air.

tjsunstein 09-23-2010 12:24 PM

I loved the pilot. I know it started slow but I trust that it set up a lot for next episode. The only thing I didn't like was how many characters they introduced. It was tough to keep track of after a day of football.

yourfavestoner 09-23-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjsunstein (Post 2305934)
I loved the pilot. I know it started slow but I trust that it set up a lot for next episode. The only thing I didn't like was how many characters they introduced. It was tough to keep track of after a day of football.

Yeah, that was my biggest complaint as well. Instead of throwing every single character that the show will feature at me, show a little bit more plot development.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES 09-23-2010 01:00 PM

Man I loved the first episode. I was so happy when the one dude said he was Al Capone. It was awesome when Lucky Luciano says "I don't like what I'm hearing" and Busemi says "Well maybe you shouldn't be listening when grown ups are talking" ahahahhahh he straight bitched him.

Brent 09-24-2010 10:30 PM

"jesus you're ******* mermaids now?"
"every vote counts!"

Rob S 09-24-2010 10:34 PM

Loved the pilot.

I could see not liking it tho. YFS, you should stick it out until at least the 5th episode. Apparently that is the point when all the storylines intersect and everything gets awesome. There are a bunch of review out for those that care to read them.

gpngc 09-24-2010 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjsunstein (Post 2305934)

Excellent point.

It was very difficult to keep track of all those guys with thoughts of Jahvid Best running through our heads...

I would think a good portion of their target audience would be football-watchers as well...

Hollywood 09-25-2010 02:33 AM

I think if the names 'Scorsese' 'Sopranos" and 'Buscemi' weren't involved, people would not be impressed at all by the pilot. I was bored by it and saw nothing ground breaking or very original. Ill give it a few more episodes but not sure (oh wait, yes I am...it's because of those names I mentioned above) why everyone is raving over it and the pilot episode.

I see nothing more than an outstanding marketing job by HBO right now.

trkaline 09-25-2010 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood (Post 2307640)
I think if the names 'Scorsese' 'Sopranos" and 'Buscemi' weren't involved, people would not be impressed at all by the pilot. I was bored by it and saw nothing ground breaking or very original. Ill give it a few more episodes but not sure (oh wait, yes I am...it's because of those names I mentioned above) why everyone is raving over it and the pilot episode.

I see nothing more than an outstanding marketing job by HBO right now.

So basically what you are saying, is if their are people out there that didn't share the same view as you and happened to like the show that their all tools?

Hollywood 09-26-2010 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trkaline (Post 2307642)
So basically what you are saying, is if their are people out there that didn't share the same view as you and happened to like the show that their all tools?

uh no. Not at all did I say that. Just saying that if it weren't for those big and marquee names attached and the millions (and brilliant marketing) spent by HBO to market this show IMO it would pass without much notice. I personally (personally being the key word here) didn't see anything ground breaking or very exciting about the pilot.

trkaline 09-26-2010 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood (Post 2309054)
uh no. Not at all did I say that. Just saying that if it weren't for those big and marquee names attached and the millions (and brilliant marketing) spent by HBO to market this show IMO it would pass without much notice. I personally (personally being the key word here) didn't see anything ground breaking or very exciting about the pilot.

My bad I reread what you posted, and the key word you used was "impress". I do agree I was not impressed by it, but I did like it and will be watching to see where its going.

M.O.T.H. 09-26-2010 06:46 PM

New episode tonight. I forgot about it. But yeah, i absolutely loved the first episode. The rest arent directed by Scorsese, though. Correct? Hopefully they're just as good.

Giantsfan1080 09-26-2010 07:09 PM

I'm upset it's on Sunday. I can't watch it live.

ccB 09-27-2010 03:28 PM

I <3 this show.

OMAR LITTLE NEXT WEEK BISCHES!

ATLDirtyBirds 09-27-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang (Post 2312189)
I <3 this show.

OMAR LITTLE NEXT WEEK BISCHES!

I was about to stop watching in protest of not enough Omar when I saw the clips for next week.

Brodeur 09-27-2010 06:04 PM

I don't know why Omar isn't the main character.

nepg 09-27-2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 2305324)

and

For some reason, I think of him from the Sopranos...which is why this series is probably going to work out really well.

Brent 09-27-2010 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur (Post 2312441)
I don't know why Omar isn't the main character.

because of his skin color.

M.O.T.H. 09-28-2010 11:25 PM

Another great episode. I'm hooked.