Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Kellen Winslow Jr. still having knee problems (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4291)

49ersfan_87 03-19-2007 11:25 AM

Kellen Winslow Jr. still having knee problems

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Quote:

BROWNS NOT COUNTING ON WINSLOW
In response to a tip that we recently received regarding the condition of Browns tight end Kellen Winslow following microfracture surgery on the knee that he initially injured when he made like Evel Knievel in May 2005, we've checked with a couple of our sources and we've determined that the powers that be in Cleveland are not counting on Winslow to be available for the 2007.
"There really is a good chance he won't play this season," a league source told us.
The bigger question, as the source pointed out, is why didn't the Browns shut Winslow down earlier in the 2006 season? They were out of the playoff hunt, and yet Winslow (to the pleasure of fantasy owners only) continued to play despite being listed as questionable nearly every week due to his knee.
"I would have made him have the surgery earlier to make sure he'd be ready for this upcoming season," said the source.
But there are also whispers that, in the wake of the procedure for creating scar tissue that will simulate knee cartilage, Winslow might never be able to play again.
Stay tuned.

DeathbyStat 03-19-2007 11:27 AM

Is this really legit. If so all I need to say is WHOOO!

sodar21 03-19-2007 11:28 AM

Browns and their knee problems...

DeathbyStat 03-19-2007 11:34 AM

But is this really credible the source is bad. But this could be true has had more problems wiht his knees than most.

Geo 03-19-2007 11:35 AM

Blast him buying that stupid motorcycle.

princefielder28 03-19-2007 11:35 AM

Things just keep getting better for the Browns

BUSTKUNTLAWL 03-19-2007 11:42 AM

Something is wrong with that organazation.

Whoever allowed him to play should lose their job. (If this is legit)

bigrick0016 03-19-2007 12:00 PM

I will curl up in the fetal position and weep

JoeMontainya 03-19-2007 12:06 PM

Savage reported during the combine that Winslow was doing fine with the 2nd surjury this offseason to take out scar tissue. They said it didnt go as liked, and that he would miss an extra month from rehab, regaurdless they said he would be out until around officials practice time.

That article didnt have proper sited sources therefore it doesnt exsist accotding to this boards rules and there would have been an article about it by now in the local papers.

PalmerToCJ 03-19-2007 12:07 PM

Wow, that sucks... Hope it isn't true.

I enjoy having someone on the Browns actually mouth off before we beat them.

JoeMontainya 03-19-2007 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ (Post 230432)
Wow, that sucks... Hope it isn't true.

I enjoy having someone on the Browns actually mouth off before we beat them.

Ya because the Bengals SOOOOOOO dominate us over the course of our rivalry......

Flyboy 03-19-2007 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathbyStat (Post 230352)

Stay classy.

TNewFan41 03-19-2007 12:36 PM

Like I have said before, the Browns are cursed with injuries to high profile players.

Anway, that really sucks for Winslow. I know he is cocky and arrogant, but he has a right too be. Outside of Vernon Davis he is probably the best athlete at TE in recent memory. If he can't ever play again, and even if he does play and isn't the same, it will suck because there goes a potential hall of fame career down the drain.

TNewFan41 03-19-2007 12:38 PM

I did remember him on the HotList on ESPNews like 1 month ago saying he is doing good in rehab, so IDK. I don't knwo how creditable this source it.

Jughead10 03-19-2007 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNewFan41 (Post 230467)
Like I have said before, the Browns are cursed with injuries to high profile players.

Anway, that really sucks for Winslow. I know he is cocky and arrogant, but he has a right too be. Outside of Vernon Davis he is probably the best athlete at TE in recent memory. If he can't ever play again, and even if he does play and isn't the same, it will suck because there goes a potential hall of fame career down the drain.

When Winslow was healthy Davis could barely hold his jock strap. Davis timed better but Winslow actually played the position better.

Splat 03-19-2007 12:41 PM

Is he still having mouth problems to?

bigrick0016 03-19-2007 12:46 PM

Actually, I've been hearing he's been doing alright. However, as a Browns fan I always expect the worst.

frogstomp 03-19-2007 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jughead10 (Post 230472)
When Winslow was healthy Davis could barely hold his jock strap. Davis timed better but Winslow actually played the position better.

When Winslow was healthy this season he was a top 3 TE.

Jughead10 03-19-2007 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frogstomp (Post 230484)
When Winslow was healthy this season he was a top 3 TE.

Absolutely. If it wasn't for the injury his rookie year and the bike accident there is no doubt in my mind he would be better than Jeremy Shockey. His former teammate and someone who I think is the 3rd best TE in the league.

frogstomp 03-19-2007 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jughead10 (Post 230499)
Absolutely. If it wasn't for the injury his rookie year and the bike accident there is no doubt in my mind he would be better than Jeremy Shockey. His former teammate and someone who I think is the 3rd best TE in the league.

Haha, just thinking about how good Winslow could be makes me feel bad for the Browns. Seriously... how the hell do you get that unlucky? It's almost too sad to be funny... almost.

Freddy G 03-19-2007 02:26 PM

This doesn't sound credible at all...but then i again i am a Browns fan, so denial must also be taken into account.

I hate PFT and their stupid rumors.

PoopSandwich 03-19-2007 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathbyStat (Post 230352)

Die in a fire *****.

IndyColtScout 03-19-2007 02:32 PM

I don't think this report is false. There were reports that Winslow was having/had microfracture surgery on that same knee he hurt w/ the bike. That's the surgery that Amare had and kept him out of basketball for a year and a half.

Not everyone is going to be as lucky as Amare & be able to come back healthy. I think there is a solid chance Winslow misses extended time, and I think there is a solid chance he is never the same player/career could be over.

PoopSandwich 03-19-2007 02:34 PM

If this is true, WELCOME TO CLEVELAND CALVIN JOHNSON...

:/

jetsfan3 03-19-2007 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodar21 (Post 230354)
Browns and their knee problems...

The Browns and ALL of their problems . . .