Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Nike named NFL Uniform Supplier starting in 2012 (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43217)

BeerBaron 10-12-2010 02:05 PM

Nike named NFL Uniform Supplier starting in 2012

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-nfl-jerseys/

And they plan to "dramatically" change NFL uniforms.....can it be long before we've got this going on in the NFL? :

I has a sad....anyone else absolutely dreading this?

Giantsfan1080 10-12-2010 02:08 PM

The Giants won't let them change their uniform dramatically so I'm not worried about that.

BeerBaron 10-12-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 (Post 2333015)
The Giants won't let them change their uniform dramatically so I'm not worried about that.

I pray the Bears don't either.

brat316 10-12-2010 02:12 PM

I don't think anyone is going to let them make drastic changes. Only thing probably lighter material and belts and those new gurdels.

Crickett 10-12-2010 02:12 PM

TACKLE 10-12-2010 02:13 PM

Personally I can't wait. Nike has made some kick ass uni's for college football teams over the past few years. I don't know how much influence they'll actually be given in making home and away jerseys but I can promise you they'll make some sweet alternate unis.

yo123 10-12-2010 02:13 PM

I hope they drastically change the Vikings uniforms.

Giantsfan1080 10-12-2010 02:16 PM

I'm more worried about advertising on jerseys. I know it's the norm in Europe but I don't want it over here.

BeerBaron 10-12-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 (Post 2333036)
I'm more worried about advertising on jerseys. I know it's the norm in Europe but I don't want it over here.

Again, agreed. I have this horrible image in my head of every team sporting vibrantly colored jerseys covered in ads and it's making me sick.....

Giantsfan1080 10-12-2010 02:18 PM

I think the advertising thing is going to happen within 5 years as long as Goodell is around.

yourfavestoner 10-12-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhaarat316 (Post 2333024)
I don't think anyone is going to let them make drastic changes. Only thing probably lighter material and belts and those new gurdels.

Yeah, the biggest change will probably come in how they're manufactured as opposed to uniform design.

I absolutely think you'll see every team with a set of alternate unis, though, even if they're only used once a year. The NFL would love that extra revenue.

BeerBaron 10-12-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourfavestoner (Post 2333043)
Yeah, the biggest change will probably come in how they're manufactured as opposed to uniform design.

I absolutely think you'll see every team with a set of alternate unis, though, even if they're only used once a year. The NFL would love that extra revenue.

I refuse to buy any sort of alternate jersey. I only have an orange Urlacher jersey because my mom bought it for me for Xmas.

yourfavestoner 10-12-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerBaron (Post 2333046)
I refuse to buy any sort of alternate jersey. I only have an orange Urlacher jersey because my mom bought it for me for Xmas.

Agreed. I hate alternate uniforms, and I hate almost every single "new" uniform teams have come out with in the past 10 years or so (Seattle, Buffalo, Atlanta, Denver, San Diego, Minnesota, St. Louis).

BeerBaron 10-12-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourfavestoner (Post 2333049)
Agreed. I hate alternate uniforms, and I hate almost every single "new" uniform teams have come out with in the past 10 years or so (Seattle, Buffalo, Atlanta, Denver, San Diego, Minnesota, St. Louis).

I do like Denver's new on a little better...same for the Bucs. I just didn't like the blinding orange or creamcicle. San Diego should also only rock the powder blues. St. Louis isn't that much different so I don't mind too much....Buffalo should return to their old color scheme too. Seattle's are pretty blegh.

Mr. Goosemahn 10-12-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerBaron (Post 2333039)
Again, agreed. I have this horrible image in my head of every team sporting vibrantly colored jerseys covered in ads and it's making me sick.....

Steelers wore a Comcast/Xfinity ad on their Training Camp jerseys.

Hope it never finds its way onto the real jersey.

It would suck. Jerseys back where I'm from are completely covered in ads, check this out:

Carta Blanca - beer
Bancomer - bank
Bimbo - brand of bread
Coca Cola
Javer - house building company
LG

Cemex - cement
Carta Blanca
Coca Cola
Javer

Also, Kikin sucks.

FlyingElvis 10-12-2010 02:43 PM

Nike doesn't have the authority to change any jerseys. I'm sure they'll make a push for something different to stimulate sales following their take over of production, but that's entirely up to teams and the NFL.

Total non-issue, aside from the fact that I hate Nike and should grab any jerseys I want now. Or maybe I'm better off waiting and snatching up sales on the current ones before the change over . . .

(Unless you have stock in Reebok / Nike, though I doubt either sees much change.)

tjsunstein 10-12-2010 02:53 PM

They won't change Green Bay's so I'm not worried.

CashmoneyDrew 10-12-2010 03:16 PM

As long as they don't look like oregons or those alternate uniforms boise state and virginia tech and those other schools were wearing i don't care.

bigbluedefense 10-12-2010 03:22 PM

I think the changes they'll make will be pretty nice.

The uniforms themselves won't change all that much. But the apparel available will.

Reebok has made some pretty crappy hats lately. Nike will clean that up.

I hope Buffalo finally goes back to their old color scheme. Those old unis look soooooo much better than their current ones.

And please Seattle, change your colors.

Monomach 10-12-2010 03:24 PM

They don't get to make any changes to designs without the team's consent.

Seeing as how the Bears haven't allowed a serious uniform change since before most teams existed, I'm not so worried.

thenewfeature06 10-12-2010 03:24 PM

Being a Raider fan there is no way they change our regular black and silver. We had silver unis which weren't really sweet at all.

Monomach 10-12-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 2333168)

They should wear the alternates every day.

Bills2083 10-12-2010 03:28 PM

I can't wait - I hate the Bills unis (besides our kickass throwbacks)

Jakey 10-12-2010 03:30 PM

I want the Steelers to have an all-black option. Also i think every team in the NFl should rock the old-skool grey facemasks...they pwn.

yourfavestoner 10-12-2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 2333168)
I think the changes they'll make will be pretty nice.

The uniforms themselves won't change all that much. But the apparel available will.

Reebok has made some pretty crappy hats lately. Nike will clean that up.

I hope Buffalo finally goes back to their old color scheme. Those old unis look soooooo much better than their current ones.

I actually heard on the radio this morning that New Era is going to get the licensing for hats. I almost cried tears of joy.

Also, I heard UnderArmor gets to keep the licensing for all the combine and draft stuff.