Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Cowher could coach Cowboys? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43356)

xxxxxxxx 10-20-2010 08:41 PM

Cowher could coach Cowboys?

I saw the link on the side of espn.com but I am not an insider..

Does anyone else have details/information?

Grizzlegom 10-20-2010 08:47 PM

can't really post it because we can't post insider stuff but it basically just says what everyone has been saying that IF they do end up firing Wade, Jerry will probably go for a big name guy and it names a few other guys including Cowher.

I certainly hope Cowher doesn't go there.

terribletowel39 10-20-2010 08:51 PM

Prime spot for Cowher is Panthers, in my opinion. I think he would do good there as they have an excellent running game and he would just need to get that aggressive defense going he likes.

Monomach 10-20-2010 09:15 PM

I can't see Cowher agreeing to put up with Jerry Jones. No way.

Go_Eagles77 10-20-2010 11:29 PM

I hope not. I like Cowher and would prefer to keep it that way.

Complex 10-21-2010 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzlegom (Post 2343966)
can't really post it because we can't post insider stuff but it basically just says what everyone has been saying that IF they do end up firing Wade, Jerry will probably go for a big name guy and it names a few other guys including Cowher.

I certainly hope Cowher doesn't go there.

Is espn insider even worth the money? what does it tell me that I will not find out on another show/site?

niel89 10-21-2010 01:36 AM

If you get one of those cheap subscriptions to the mag then Insider comes with it.

descendency 10-21-2010 01:47 AM

No one with half a brain would coach under Jerry Jones.

edit: and Bill Cowher has at least half a brain.

LizardState 10-21-2010 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terribletowel39 (Post 2343975)
Prime spot for Cowher is Panthers, in my opinion. I think he would do good there as they have an excellent running game and he would just need to get that aggressive defense going he likes.

And Cowher is from North Carolina, played at NC St., owns his home in Raleigh.... makes sense.

I's looking more like Fox will be the 1st NFL HC fired during the season, pay close attn. to what happens there if they lose to the 1-win visiting 9ers Sunday

Shane P. Hallam 10-21-2010 06:07 AM

Quote:

Disagree. Prime spot is the Giants if they don't make the playoffs.

Brent 10-21-2010 07:18 AM

Boss Hogg isnt going to hire any one who will up-stage him or isnt a good-ole-boy.

Enjoy that puppet, Wade, Cowboys fans!

LizardState 10-21-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 2344395)
Boss Hogg isnt going to hire any one who will up-stage him or isnt a good-ole-boy.

Enjoy that puppet, Wade, Cowboys fans!

We long-suffering Dallas fans think Wade is closer to Poppin' Fresh, the Pillsbury Doughboy, whom he resembles, than a puppet, although that might insult PF. He has all of PF's intensity :D

I've defended that guy too long, after 2 excessive celebration penalties in 2 games, he's overdue for the boot.

Vox Populi 10-21-2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizardState (Post 2344832)
We long-suffering Dallas fans think Wade is closer to Poppin' Fresh, the Pillsbury Doughboy, whom he resembles, than a puppet, although that might insult PF. He has all of PF's intensity :D

I've defended that guy too long, after 2 excessive celebration penalties in 2 games, he's overdue for the boot.

Long-suffering? Please go jump off a bridge you terribly spoiled fan...

Grizzlegom 10-21-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Complex (Post 2344300)
Is espn insider even worth the money? what does it tell me that I will not find out on another show/site?

eh not really. I really like the Mag though and I get the Insider with it. I do like reading all the draft stuff too, most of Kiper's articles aren't accessible without Insider.

yourfavestoner 10-21-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

This has been a given since his retirement. At the risk of sounding callous, they had to wait for his wife to die, and he needed to wait for John Fox to leave.

CC.SD 10-21-2010 05:31 PM

What's the deal with Cowher's (hot) daughters? He wants to stick around them, but they're probably almost done with school. Carolina remains the favorite IMO

LonghornsLegend 10-21-2010 05:33 PM

Isn't this just a guess though? Of course Jerry is gonna go for a big name, that's nothing new. As everyone has said Cowher is most likely gonna take the Carolina job, way too many connections not to.

J-Mike88 10-21-2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzlegom (Post 2344861)
eh not really. I really like the Mag though and I get the Insider with it. I do like reading all the draft stuff too, most of Kiper's articles aren't accessible without Insider.

I'm the opposite. I hate that magazine but love the Insider subscription.
I get Sports Illustrated and The Sporting News, and always read those before I get to the ESPN Mag, which I think is horrible.

J-Mike88 10-21-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Complex (Post 2344300)

I think it is.

Of course, I think the 2 frisky fillies in your avatar are worth the money too.....

D-Unit 10-21-2010 07:47 PM

Jon Gruden to Dallas. mmmmmhm.

Addict 10-21-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vox Populi (Post 2344859)

this. just... this.

brat316 10-21-2010 08:28 PM

I hope not.

Also Cowher doesn't need to stay in Carolina anymore. His wife passed on, and his kids don't go to school there anymore. Main reason he retired was to have more family time.

He probably goes somewhere warm and sunny. 49ers, Chargers, Jags?

CC.SD 10-21-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhaarat316 (Post 2345053)
I hope not.

Also Cowher doesn't need to stay in Carolina anymore. His wife passed on, and his kids don't go to school there anymore. Main reason he retired was to have more family time.

He probably goes somewhere warm and sunny. 49ers, Chargers, Jags?

the only way he ends up a bolt would be if the entire season goes down in flames and AJ/Norv are both fired. Which is a poss, I guess. I wouldn't say no to Cowher but he and AJ Smith simply could not coexist.

LizardState 10-22-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vox Populi (Post 2344859)

Clearly you haven't watched any Dallas games this yr.

Monomach 10-22-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizardState (Post 2345551)
Clearly you haven't watched any Dallas games this yr.

So it only takes 5 games to qualify as suffering for a long time.

Yeah, that's totally reasonable. In other words, screw Kansas City for their long dominant streak. I'm so tired of this endless streak of good teams KC has fielded.