Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   College Gameday Thread: Bowl Games (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44357)

draftguru151 12-11-2010 12:50 PM

College Gameday Thread: Bowl Games

Discuss all bowl and playoff games here.

Bowl games start next Saturday so I figured we could get this started.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ntype/3/week/1

shylo3716 12-11-2010 01:13 PM

Lets talk about the Harris vs Floyd matchup

Who gets the best of who?

ElectricEye 12-11-2010 01:22 PM

Nova has slowed. Need more Szczur.

RealityCheck 12-11-2010 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElectricEye (Post 2422511)
Nova has slowed. Need more Szczur.

Don't get it.

But 'Nova would do better than 35% of the teams in bowl games this year ;D

ElectricEye 12-11-2010 03:02 PM

There are sooooo many fumbles in the Army/Navy game. Don't think I've seen a first half with more...

TheFinisher 12-11-2010 03:06 PM

Can't believe that fumble on the goalline by the Army QB. That just lost them the game.

tjsunstein 12-12-2010 06:32 PM

Win or loss, WVU should fire Bill Stewart.

diabsoule 12-12-2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjsunstein (Post 2425561)

And go after who? Mike Leach? Rich Rod?

Smooth Criminal 12-12-2010 10:13 PM

Nothing worth seeing for awhile. I know I won't be watching a game until Boise/Utah at the earliest.

Can't wait for the big bowls to start. Always a fun first week of the trimester to drink every day.

yodabear 12-12-2010 10:15 PM

Is SWDC having a Bowl Predicting pool or something?

Smooth Criminal 12-12-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjsunstein (Post 2425561)

If WVU loses its very possible the Big East will go 0-4 in bowls against other BCS conferences.

And they get advantages with having two of their top teams, Pitt and WVU, playing lower teams in other conferences, NC State and Kentucky.

The Big East is truly terrible this year. Worst I've ever seen it by far.

draftguru151 12-15-2010 09:46 AM

Bruce Carter out for North Carolina.

jrdrylie 12-15-2010 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal (Post 2426149)
Nothing worth seeing for awhile. I know I won't be watching a game until Boise/Utah at the earliest.

Can't wait for the big bowls to start. Always a fun first week of the trimester to drink every day.

The Hummanitarian Bowl might actually be pretty good. Northern Illinois has put up a lot of points this season. It has potential to be a high-scoring match. In games that don't matter that's what I like to see.

ElectricEye 12-17-2010 07:54 PM

Anybody else watching Nova EWU? Szcur just had a big fumble on a return.

nepg 12-18-2010 11:37 AM

Gotta say... **** you if you don't like Bowl games. We've got some really cool match-ups this year.

Penn State-Florida
Florida State-South Carolina
Mississippi State-Michigan
Alabama-Michigan State
LSU-Texas A&M
Northwestern-Texas Tech
Mizzou-Iowa
Notre Dame-Miami
North Carolina-Tennessee
Oklahoma State-Arizona
West Virginia-NC State
Boise State-Utah

and that's not including the BCS games or the smaller games like Louisville-Southern Miss, N. Illinois-Fresno State, G Tech-Air Force, and Hawaii-Tulsa...

Tons of great match-ups. Can't wait...

Smooth Criminal 12-18-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 2429941)
The Hummanitarian Bowl might actually be pretty good. Northern Illinois has put up a lot of points this season. It has potential to be a high-scoring match. In games that don't matter that's what I like to see.

I don't care about scoring alot of points or a close game really. I like watching quality defense be played, and I like watching big programs that I actually have a reason to care about. I enjoy watching games where I actually have a reason to root for an outcome.

Yet Im sitting here watching BYU and UTEP and I'm sure I'll watch whateve game comes on next.

God damn it. Why at Boise? I hate that annoying field.

yodabear 12-18-2010 04:44 PM

Wooo hooo I actually had BYU in Bowl predictions. Don't usually start off too well. I had 12 confidence points on BYU. Got Fresno St. in this game cuz I thought UNI would be messed up due to the coaching changes. But only go 4points on it.

SickwithIt1010 12-18-2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal (Post 2433778)
I don't care about scoring alot of points or a close game really. I like watching quality defense be played, and I like watching big programs that I actually have a reason to care about. I enjoy watching games where I actually have a reason to root for an outcome.

Yet Im sitting here watching BYU and UTEP and I'm sure I'll watch whateve game comes on next.

God damn it. Why at Boise? I hate that annoying field.

But if OSU ever got the red field they have wanted for several years im sure you would love that.

etk 12-18-2010 06:28 PM

A red field would be gross. It would give a bloody heat vibe. I like the blue turf. It looks especially cool in the night games.

draftguru151 12-18-2010 06:29 PM

The red field in the game last night was ******* awful.

Smooth Criminal 12-18-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 (Post 2433815)
But if OSU ever got the red field they have wanted for several years im sure you would love that.

I would ******* hate that. It would look completely ********.

And I've never seen anyone say anything about a red field. But I havnt been an osu fan for long, so I'd love to see a link. Honestly most osu fans love tradition so much I can't see them going for this.

SickwithIt1010 12-18-2010 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal (Post 2433925)
I would ******* hate that. It would look completely ********.

And I've never seen anyone say anything about a red field. But I havnt been an osu fan for long, so I'd love to see a link. Honestly most osu fans love tradition so much I can't see them going for this.

Ill have to look for it, but there were some talks of the idea, and whether it was just OSU fans with just out of this world thinking or if it was real, i did read about it.

Im close to Cheney and ive watched games at Eastern Washington and its pretty ridiculous.

Smooth Criminal 12-18-2010 07:36 PM

I saw that field when Espn did a little thing on the different colored fields. I like real grass fields so anything other than green just seems lame and gimmicky.

jnew76 12-18-2010 09:36 PM

Corey Robinson has the fastest release in college football. That kid can really sling it. Troy is dirt-rolling Ohio, bit Jernigan and Robinson are fun to watch. It's like they are playing against air.

ElectricEye 12-18-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnew76 (Post 2434062)
Corey Robinson has the fastest release in college football. That kid can really sling it. Troy is dirt-rolling Ohio, bit Jernigan and Robinson are fun to watch. It's like they are playing against air.

Robinson is going to be a good one I think. No NFL potential obviously, but he's going to break some of Levi Brown's records.