Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tennessee Titans Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   With the 8th pick of the 2011 Draft.... (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45063)

CashmoneyDrew 01-11-2011 03:24 PM

With the 8th pick of the 2011 Draft....

Who do you want with our first pick at this point?

To keep it realistic I'm automatically not including A.J. Green, Patrick Peterson and unfortunately Nick Fairley since he definitely played his way out of our reach last night.

So let us know, and if you choose "other" tell us who!

DoughBoy 01-11-2011 04:59 PM

Marcel Dareus is my pick for now. I would obviously like Bowers, but I dont see him making it out of the top 5. Just two guys to keep a eye on are Stephen Paea and Cameron Jordan. I could see both becoming top 15 prospects because of solid tape, and I would exepct both to have really a good combine.

DoughBoy 01-11-2011 05:20 PM

As for Qbs, I honestly wouldn't be outright against any of the four. This has to be one of the more talented QB classes in quite a while (physically). I really can't choose one I would want more than the other.... but something in the back of my head thinks Locker is the safest of the picks, although its nothing more than a gut feeling. And if there was one QB I can't see us taking it would be Cam Newton. Right or wrong I don't think that the titans would touch him with a 10 foot pole, because even though he isn't VY, its impossible to not see a little Vince in him.

stephenson86 01-11-2011 05:38 PM

I want us to go after someone like Kolb or Flynn in the off season and go Defence first pick.

Pit Bull #53 01-11-2011 06:42 PM

if babin is not retained, then i take either quinn or bowers, with quinn being my personal favorite. then i also look to add a dt to the roster (albert, anyone?).

if babin is retained, then i take marcel dareus, as long as he's graded that high.

i am undecided on the quarterbacks right now, haven't seen enough of them to make a fair judgement yet.

TitanHope 01-11-2011 07:01 PM

Fairley... :'(

I like Mallett the most at QB, so since QB is our #1 need, I voted him.

As far as DE's, I think Robert Quinn and Aldon Smith fit our DL better than Bowers. Super smooth pass-rushers like Kearse. But Bowers could have a KVB impact. Bowers kinda scares me for some reason. He, like, waddles to the QB. It's weird. A DE is big if Babin leaves in FA (which would be a mistake on both's parts, so hopefully he stays). We'll then have a healthy Derrick Morgan and Babin as our 1's, and Hayes and probably Ball as our 2's (I think Ball is a FA too. I know Ford is and he can walk). If Babin stays, then pass on DE.

I wanted Fairley cause of my mancrush on him, not really because I want to address the position. I still want to add one at some point to replace Haye. Not a huge Dareus fan, but I dislike all Bama players, so I'm mega bias. I still think we need a CB, so if Amukamara is BPA, I'd be good with him. I think we can go CB later on though.

Definitely go OG/C in RD 2 since that's where they'll be had.

CashmoneyDrew 01-11-2011 07:24 PM

I thought about putting Aldon Smith in the poll but balked at the last second.

RufusMcDaniel 01-11-2011 07:33 PM

Titansfan123 01-11-2011 08:07 PM

As Far as Qb I think Mallet is the best he has the strongest arm he just needs to study more and he could be a top QB Newton is too similiar to Vince and Locker did nothing but prove that he is a 3 year project..i think quinn and bowers would be gone however if i had to choose id take bowers over all of them he reminds me of peppers and thats a beast....how about we get asumagh or however u spell his name and not worry bout CB with him and the bully finnegan out there

stephenson86 01-13-2011 11:00 AM

New Titans fan...welcome.

Titansfan123 01-15-2011 06:03 PM

thank u if we dont sign babin then dline will be a lock at 8

Complex 01-15-2011 06:27 PM

My list

1. Peterson
2. fairly
3. Quinn
4.Bowers
5. Newton

I think Mallet is Derek Anderson

CashmoneyDrew 01-15-2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Complex (Post 2479346)
My list

1. Peterson
2. fairly
3. Quinn
4.Bowers
5. Newton

I think Mallet is Derek Anderson

Nah, more like Ryan Leaf.

Anyways, the only way I see us drafting Peterson or Amukamara is if there is a new CBA in place so we could trade Finnegan for a pick.

There's no way the Titans are letting Babin walk so that will eliminate DE.

Fairley, Gabbert and Newton will be gone when we pick. (Even if Newton is available, the Titans won't touch him.)

I like Dareus but I don't see the Titans taking him in the end.

Ryan Mallett fits our system, but I think character issues will keep the Titans from picking him.

Thus by my calculations, the Titans pick at number 8 will be.......

stephenson86 01-16-2011 03:46 AM

For some reason I get a slight hard on when I see Jake Locker...I think he has some outstanding tools and got screwed by his decision to go to Washington...

smittyjs 03-21-2011 12:23 AM

Blaine Gabbert or Newton

If we go a different way, then I don't care because the talent at the D line and LB in this draft is great, I would be happy with one of the big guys from the SEC or a LB