Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   What happened to Arthur & Bryce Brown? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45101)

katnip 01-12-2011 07:19 PM

What happened to Arthur & Bryce Brown?
 
Weren't both elite prospects for the college level? I know I read (on here) Arthur wasn't good enough to be a starter for the 'U. But what about Bryce? I remeber people saying, he'll have the power to run DB's over and speed to blow by LB's.

MassNole 01-12-2011 07:27 PM

Sitting out transfer years at Kansas State.

SickwithIt1010 01-12-2011 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katnip (Post 2475898)
Weren't both elite prospects for the college level? I know I read (on here) Arthur wasn't good enough to be a starter for the 'U. But what about Bryce? I remeber people saying, he'll have the power to run DB's over and speed to blow by LB's.

Its as simple as googling their names my brotha.

Arthur couldnt break the starting lineup over at the U and Bryce bailed from UT as soon as Kiffin bounced. Supposedly they had "family issues" but rumors have been that Brown was receiving money or some sort from Kiffen and when he bounced he didnt get that anymore.

Both at K State now.

J52 01-12-2011 07:39 PM

Arthur was supposedly dumb... as hell. Beyond illiteracy. When he got on the field for Miami it was obvious that he was in his own echelon athletically, but then he would be required to think and it was just painful. Pursuit angles, zones, gap responsibility. You name it, he didn't understand it.

MassNole 01-12-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J52 (Post 2475932)
Arthur was supposedly dumb... as hell. Beyond illiteracy. When he got on the field for Miami it was obvious that he was in his own echelon athletically, but then he would be required to think and it was just painful. Pursuit angles, zones, gap responsibility. You name it, he didn't understand it.

And to think I got ripped years ago for saying he was only so good because he was in Kansas. Sometimes the level of competition does matter as it clearly did with him (or Xavier Lee for those thinking I'm just bashing a "u" kid).

shylo3716 01-12-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassNole (Post 2475944)
And to think I got ripped years ago for saying he was only so good because he was in Kansas. Sometimes the level of competition does matter as it clearly did with him (or Xavier Lee for those thinking I'm just bashing a "u" kid).

It's always that 1 prospect no matter what sport that will be in a small town to have outstanding numbers and become highly touted by having a monster highlight tape to help out. Prime example UNC basketball player Harrison Barnes got so much praise as being the #1 player in his HS class and he is from Iowa. My point where I am trying to get is begginning of the season he was rated Pre-Season First Team All-American and so far he has not even lived up to the hype which everyone has been giving him 2011 #1 overall pick praises.

MassNole 01-12-2011 08:07 PM

Basketball is different because of AAU. Thankfully there is no football equivalent because of the corruption but it does give college coaches the chance to see top talent vs. top talent and make evaluations.

J52 01-13-2011 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassNole (Post 2475944)
And to think I got ripped years ago for saying he was only so good because he was in Kansas. Sometimes the level of competition does matter as it clearly did with him (or Xavier Lee for those thinking I'm just bashing a "u" kid).

Well, to be fair. Athletically he was deserving of the praise. He'd take pursuit angles that included a stop in Georgia and still would catch RBs from behind. His explosiveness to the ball was unreal, just if it wasn't 100% reaction based then he would do the wrong thing.

MassNole 01-13-2011 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J52 (Post 2476204)
Well, to be fair. Athletically he was deserving of the praise. He'd take pursuit angles that included a stop in Georgia and still would catch RBs from behind. His explosiveness to the ball was unreal, just if it wasn't 100% reaction based then he would do the wrong thing.

When he got to Miami he ran a 40 more consistent with that a DT than a MLB, athletically he wasn't that gifted, ir was more level of competition (where he was gifted by comparison) than anything else.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.