Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Braxton Miller, QB, Ohio State (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45130)

shylo3716 01-13-2011 09:54 PM

Braxton Miller, QB, Ohio State
 
I know I posted this in another Thread, but I feel as though he deserves his own so let's begin.........

When he comes in as a True Fr. starter for Terrelle Pryor I am assuming, how far do you think he will lead Ohio State in the 5 game suspension of Pryor?

If Miller does well and leads Ohio State to a winning record, does Tressel leave Miller at QB and then move Pryor to WR?

What type of sanctions will he cause Ohio State to have once he does well on the field by having a Buckeye tattoo?


49erNation85 01-13-2011 09:58 PM

I don't see it happening even as a freshman .It might though, If he can go 5-0 once pryor gets back on the field he'll be back at QB .

keylime_5 01-13-2011 09:58 PM

i think.....this belongs in the CFB Forum.
Pryor starts once he's unsuspended without question.

Im_a_Romosexual 01-13-2011 09:58 PM

Where'd he get that tattoo?

keylime_5 01-13-2011 09:59 PM

From Awesomeville.

ThePudge 01-13-2011 10:00 PM

No need to have this in an NFL Draft forum.

ElectricEye 01-13-2011 10:01 PM

Someone should really move this, yeah.

Brent 01-13-2011 10:31 PM

I hope that, after getting that tattoo, he is forced to attend another university.

SickwithIt1010 01-13-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 2477346)
I hope that, after getting that tattoo, he is forced to attend another university.

wouldnt that be the greatest thing ever? He can come over to USC....i wont mind.

niel89 01-13-2011 10:46 PM

This might be the 4th time I've seen you suggest Tressel move Pryor to WR. Don't think its gonna happen.

TACKLE 01-13-2011 11:37 PM

Braxton Miller will start his college career with a 2-1 record......and he ain't losing to either Akron or Toledo.

JPP90 01-13-2011 11:49 PM

They could go 5-0 and I think Tressel will give the job back to Pryor. He is clearly a better passer than Pryor from watching his little action in the Under Armour game but he's still a big project and they don't tend to coach up QBs at Ohio State. At least he gets some zip on the ball unlike Pryor. Pryor had to be the biggest fraud in college football history considering all the hoopla surrounding his recruitment.

shylo3716 01-14-2011 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niel89 (Post 2477364)
This might be the 4th time I've seen you suggest Tressel move Pryor to WR. Don't think its gonna happen.

I don't think he should be moved to WR, but if his NFL position may be that position he should at least play some of the position in games to maybe improve his draft status. It will not hurt to audition for scouts to potentially put a little extra change in his pockets.

JoeJoeBrown 01-14-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TACKLE (Post 2477403)
Braxton Miller will start his college career with a 2-1 record......and he ain't losing to either Akron or Toledo.

:)

I do think a lot of people are there are overlooking that game in forecasting the Buckeyes next year. Just because Da U sucked donkey balls this year, doesn't mean they won't be good next year. There is a hell of a lot of talent, and Golden should be a good coach for you guys.

I don't look forward to having a raw QB go up against that defense.

Forenci 01-14-2011 09:22 AM

Uh, I'm pretty sure you guys don't realize who will be starting week one.

It will be the man, the myth, the LEGEND:

JOE BAUSERMAN!

keylime_5 01-14-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPP90 (Post 2477411)
They could go 5-0 and I think Tressel will give the job back to Pryor. He is clearly a better passer than Pryor from watching his little action in the Under Armour game but he's still a big project and they don't tend to coach up QBs at Ohio State. At least he gets some zip on the ball unlike Pryor. Pryor had to be the biggest fraud in college football history considering all the hoopla surrounding his recruitment.

he's not all that bad considering he won a Rose Bowl MVP, a Sugar Bowl MVP, and had 3000+ yards and 30+ TDs as a junior.

Braxton is definitely a better pure passer coming out of high school than Pryor though. Great arm and can make all the throws.

Shane P. Hallam 01-14-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forenci (Post 2477625)
Uh, I'm pretty sure you guys don't realize who will be starting week one.

It will be the man, the myth, the LEGEND:

JOE BAUSERMAN!

Bauserman for Heisman.

Smooth Criminal 01-14-2011 01:29 PM

I really hope its Guiton starting week 1. Bauserman is god awful, and I don't wanna see Miller go against Miami and Michigan State as a true freshman.

It'll be interesting to see who Tressel decides to go with.

wonderbredd24 01-14-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TACKLE (Post 2477403)
Braxton Miller will start his college career with a 2-1 record......and he ain't losing to either Akron or Toledo.

So Miami is losing Brandon Harris, Allen Bailey, Leonard Hankerson, Colin McCarthy, Orlando Franklin, so on and so forth as well as changing defensive schemes, but they are going to beat Ohio State, which took them apart last year and is losing less?

Meh... I guess it could happen.

P-L 01-14-2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 (Post 2477895)
So Miami is losing Brandon Harris, Allen Bailey, Leonard Hankerson, Colin McCarthy, Orlando Franklin, so on and so forth as well as changing defensive schemes, but they are going to beat Ohio State, which took them apart last year and is losing less?

Meh... I guess it could happen.

Well, the game is in Miami and if Jacory Harris (or Stephen Morris if he's starting) doesn't give the game away, it could go either way.

EDIT: How is Ohio State losing less? They'll be playing the game without Pryor, Herron, Posey, Adams, and Thomas. That's five offensive starters and a guy who gets significant snaps on the defensive line. They also lose their two starting guards to the NFL. On defense they're losing their best player in Cam Heyward, another defensive lineman, two starting linebackers, and both of their corners.

keylime_5 01-14-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 (Post 2477895)
So Miami is losing Brandon Harris, Allen Bailey, Leonard Hankerson, Colin McCarthy, Orlando Franklin, so on and so forth as well as changing defensive schemes, but they are going to beat Ohio State, which took them apart last year and is losing less?

Meh... I guess it could happen.

I think our defense is gonna have a feast in that game.

wonderbredd24 01-14-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P-L (Post 2477934)
Well, the game is in Miami and if Jacory Harris (or Stephen Morris if he's starting) doesn't give the game away, it could go either way.

EDIT: How is Ohio State losing less? They'll be playing the game without Pryor, Herron, Posey, Adams, and Thomas. That's five offensive starters and a guy who gets significant snaps on the defensive line. They also lose their two starting guards to the NFL. On defense they're losing their best player in Cam Heyward, another defensive lineman, two starting linebackers, and both of their corners.

Terrelle Pryor is not very good. Boom Herron has to be replaced if the Buckeyes have any hopes of doing anything in terms of a National Title. Herron is a rotational back. Adams is a loss, but he still has not had the light go on. Losing Posey sucks. Solomon Thomas? Meh. Losing Boren sucks, but I will definitely not miss Browning and his concrete shoes.

Losing Heyward sucks and you don't replace a Cameron Heyward, but the Buckeyes have plenty of linebackers and their corners were not terribly good. Chekwa was alright.

JoeJoeBrown 01-14-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 (Post 2477959)
Terrelle Pryor is not very good.

This is silly. TP is not a world beater, but he is good. He will be sorely missed, barring an out of nowhere performance by Guiton or Miller.

keylime_5 01-14-2011 03:22 PM

I will be surprised if we don't struggle mightily to pass the ball without Pryor. We have to be able to run the ball even when the defense knows what we're doing in order to be successful on offense consistently against the likes or Miami and Michigan State.

Smooth Criminal 01-14-2011 03:28 PM

It'll be interesting to see how we try to move the ball without Pryor. Not only Pryor, but the top two receivers. A heavy dose of Hall and Barry is the only thing that we'll have going for us on offense. And if a passing game can't develop, it should be easy enough to stop.

I don't ever worry too much about losing players on defense, especially in the front 7. Seems like theres always talent just waiting to step up and take over. The losses in the secondary scare me a lot, already an area where the defense was thin.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.