Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bears Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   2011 Free Agent WRs (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45402)

Beef Wennington 01-26-2011 01:26 PM

2011 Free Agent WRs

Who (if any) do you think the Bears should look to sign? Me, I'm thinking Vincent Jackson would look good in Jay Cutler's redemption song.

Beef Wennington 01-26-2011 01:28 PM

Here's a link to a nice list of all the FAs out there:

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu...tion=WR&y=2011

Monomach 01-26-2011 01:30 PM

While VJ would be a great match with Cutler, I think he'll be too expensive. James Jones is a guy ready to be a full-time starter who will be cheaper, I think.

Beef Wennington 01-26-2011 01:34 PM

What are everyone's thoughts about Plaxico LOL?

I think he'll be like Vick where he'll need a year just to shake off the rust/get back in NFL shape. Maybe 1/2 a year because WR isn't as demanding a position as QB.

I also think it's a horrible idea: Chicago's gun laws are just as tough as NYC's LOL.

Monomach 01-26-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Wennington (Post 2496399)
What are everyone's thoughts about Plaxico LOL?

I think he'll be like Vick where he'll need a year just to shake off the rust/get back in NFL shape. Maybe 1/2 a year because WR isn't as demanding a position as QB.

I also think it's a horrible idea: Chicago's gun laws are just as tough as NYC's LOL.

I'd be cool with him coming to training camp and getting a look, but he's like 100 years old. I wouldn't even bet five bucks at 10-to-1 odds that he's got a good season left in him.

Bearsfan123 01-26-2011 08:03 PM

Sidney Rice as a pipe dream. Ditto for VJ. Braylon Edwards if he comes cheaply. Mike Sims Walker if he can be had for a decent price.

EDIT: On Plax, if he will come here cheaply and with a clause in his contract based around conduct I am all for it.

MidwayMonster31 01-26-2011 09:40 PM

Vincent Jackson is one failed drug test from a year long suspension. The good news is there are plenty of cab businesses near Lake Forest. Personally, I think he's going to go to Kansas City, as an F you to the Chargers.
James Jones can work, but who else will make costly fumbles against us?

HeavyLeggedWaistBender 01-26-2011 11:23 PM

You don't have to request any singing be "cheap." And be a man, if you want to sign a guy, say it. Don't cover your ass by adding "if the price is right" or something. It's not your money, spend it frivolously in our inconsequential thread!

I know we already have his type but certainly not his level so...the numbers Santonio Holmes would put up in this offense would be dastardly. He's someone to look in to.

Bearsfan123 01-27-2011 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender (Post 2497234)
You don't have to request any singing be "cheap." And be a man, if you want to sign a guy, say it. Don't cover your ass by adding "if the price is right" or something. It's not your money, spend it frivolously in our inconsequential thread!

I know we already have his type but certainly not his level so...the numbers Santonio Holmes would put up in this offense would be dastardly. He's someone to look in to.

On one hand I agree with you, but on the other I put those clauses in because that is exactly what I mean. I do not want us to blow all of our cap on a WR that may or may not be what we need to take our offense to the next level. So due to likely financial demands I will go with Mike Sims Walker followed by Plax. If Sidney Rice hits the open market (I doubt it) then we need to at least make a run at him though.

Monomach 01-27-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender (Post 2497234)

We have to be realistic. I assume there's going to be a salary cap, so we can't just say "the Bears should sign Vincent Jackson for one side of the field, Sidney Rice for the other, and Santonio Holmes in the slot."

Bearsfan123 02-15-2011 10:14 PM

So Rice, VJ and I believe one other receiver was given a tag....

Monomach 02-17-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 (Post 2522463)
So Rice, VJ and I believe one other receiver was given a tag....

No. VJ is the only receiver to have been tagged.