Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Recruiting (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   The 2012 Recruiting Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45590)

P-L 02-02-2011 08:20 PM

The 2012 Recruiting Thread

2011 National Signing Day is just about over. Time to discuss 2012.

CashmoneyDrew 02-02-2011 08:22 PM

Vols for number 7 recruiting class. Mark it down.

703SKINS202 02-02-2011 08:23 PM

We want Pike. That is all.

draftguru151 02-02-2011 08:25 PM

Duke Johnson is a straight baller. South Florida looks really good. Eddie Goldman is a man child. Marvin Bracy is the fastest dude on earf.

dannyz 02-02-2011 08:27 PM

Barry JR. What do you guys think of me as a Prospect? I am 6 Foot and 240 Pounds and play LT. I only have received a Letter for Nebraska Wesleyan.

Hines 02-02-2011 09:01 PM

If PSU doesn't screw it up, they should have a REAL nice class next year. I'm talking a top 10 class.

Sniper 02-02-2011 10:15 PM

Give me Chris Wormley, James Ross, Royce Jenkins-Stone, Terry Richardson, Laron Taylor and Danny O'Brien and nobody gets hurt.

Hines 02-02-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper (Post 2507312)
Give me Chris Wormley, James Ross, Royce Jenkins-Stone, Terry Richardson, Laron Taylor and Danny O'Brien and nobody gets hurt.

RJS is a ******* monster. I LOVED his film. I like him more than I like Ross.

BigJohn98 02-02-2011 10:27 PM

FSU has 7 commits for 2012 already. Look for this class to possibly be better or just as good as this years.

ironman4579 02-02-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper (Post 2507312)

With the amount of LB's on the roster next year, I'm not really confident we'd be able to get all three of Ross, Taylor and RJS, unless Taylor plays safety.

Silver & Blue 02-02-2011 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironman4579 (Post 2507337)
With the amount of LB's on the roster next year, I'm not really confident we'd be able to get all three of Ross, Taylor and RJS, unless Taylor plays safety.

I think we got about 16 spots open for next years class or something like that. So I think we could fit him some where. Luckily Taylor doesn't look to be too big yet, hes about 205 lbs, so he would be a good size safety. But having all those guys in the 2012 class would be incredible.

dannyz 02-02-2011 10:42 PM

Dorial Green - Beckham should be really good.

jballa838 02-02-2011 11:46 PM

I really hope that UW just gets it over with and gets commits from Banner, Garnett, Lindquist, Russell, Dozier, and Waters & Young find their way back home from Arizona Western. This year's in-state crop is deeper than last years, though Kasen and ASJ were both among the top players in the nation at their position. The only one who might do that this year is Banner.

ironman4579 02-03-2011 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver & Blue (Post 2507342)
I think we got about 16 spots open for next years class or something like that. So I think we could fit him some where. Luckily Taylor doesn't look to be too big yet, hes about 205 lbs, so he would be a good size safety. But having all those guys in the 2012 class would be incredible.

I didn't mean that we wouldn't have room for all of them. With normal attrition we'll likely have around 20 scholarships available. You make room in a class for those type of guys. I meant I'm not sure we'd be able to get three top level LB's to commit when they look at the depth chart and see 10 guys there for 2012, with only one being a senior.

bearsfan_51 02-03-2011 08:36 AM

Really good year for talent in Minnesota (by Minnesota standards, of course).

But that will all go to **** if teams like Ohio State keep offering our players (leave Jonah Pirsig alone!!!)

Don Vito 02-03-2011 08:37 AM

Another pretty good year for talent in Mississippi. Ole Miss is getting Barry Sanders Jr.

bearsfan_51 02-03-2011 08:42 AM

A post I made in the B1G thread, mostly speculation on my part:

2012 Big Ten Quarterback recruiting update!!

Gunner Kiel, Columbus East (IN)
B1G Teams Currently Offering: Indiana, Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin
Other Major Offers: Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Missouri, Colorado

-Gunner is the best QB prospect in the Mid-West, but oddly hasn't received a bounty of B1G offers. He's a ESPN150 watch list player, and has received some impressive offers from our hated brethren to the South.

Current Prediction: Tennessee

Philip Nelson, Mankato West (MN)
B1G Offers: Minnesota
Other Major Offers: None

-Philip only has an offer from the hometown Gophers, but he's originally from Wisconsin and his father is a BADger alum. Personally, I think Philip is the 2nd best QB prospect from Minnesota behind Joe Mohlberg, but he's been super productive and he's got great speed for his size. If Wisconsin offers I think he goes there, but for now...

Current Prediction: Minnesota

Zeke Pike, Dixie Heights (KY)
B1G Offers: Indiana, Purdue, Iowa
Other Offers: Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Louisville, Auburn, Arkansas, Boston College, Cincinnati, North Carolina, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M

-Zeke is the last prospect that could be considered "Mid-Western" with a B1G offer, as he's from the Kentucky suburbs of Cincinnati. With his current offer list it seems unlikely he'll end up in the B1G, however, although Notre Dame could get involved and shake things up.

Current Prediction: Kentucky

Bennie Coney, Plant City (FL)
B1G Offers: Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue
Other Offers: Auburn, Florida State, Virginia Tech, South Florida, Texas Tech..

-Plant City is near Tampa, so if there's a hometown team here it's South Florida. That said, Coney was suspended from his High School team and has some serious issues, so moving away may be in his best interests. I think Michigan is a seriously player here, but for now I'll go with the Cam-mentum and the team that couldn't care less about personal issues.

Current prediction: Auburn

Matt Davis, Klein (TX)
B1G Offers: Iowa, Purdue
Other Offers: Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M, Auburn, Oklahoma State...

-Davis might be the best junior in Texas despite missing all of last season with an injury, so it's a bit of a wonder why he doesn't have a Texas offer, let alone offers from more B1G schools. I think he's a Horn if they offer, and potentially a shorter Vince Young, but for now I'll say..

Current Prediction: LSU

Jameis Winston, Hueytown (AL)
B1G Offers: Ohio State
Other: Alabama, Auburn, Miami, Florida State, Clemson, South Carolina, Mississippi

-Can Ohio State go into Alabama and take a QB prospect from under their noses? Probably not.

Prediction: Alabama

Tyler Jupiter, Plantation (FL)
B1G Offers: Illinois
Other offers: South Florida, Louisville, Rutgers, Boston College

-Unless one of the Big 3 in Florida offers, I see no reason Zook can't pull some recruiting magic.

Prediction: Illinois

Shane Dillon, El Cajon (CA)
B1G Offers: Ohio State
Other offers: Cincinnati

-If the offer list looks weird to you, it should. Dillon is a skinny dude with great mechanics, but his OSU offer largely stems from his training under George Whitfield Jr., a Tressel disciple.

Prediction: Ohio State

Midwest Quarterbacks with offers from non-Big Ten schools:

-Wes Lunt, Rochester (IL): Boston College
-Maty Mauk, Kenton (OH): Notre Dame, Missouri, Cincinatti
-Brendan Nosovitch, Allentown (PA): Virginia

Sniper 02-03-2011 08:54 AM

Nosovitch probably has an offer from Penn State. He is a ******* animal. Zeke Pike has a Michigan offer.

JoeJoeBrown 02-03-2011 08:56 AM

FWIW, I doubt if OSU takes a QB next year. They took two this year, with Cardale Jones grayshirting to give him some separation between him and miller.

703SKINS202 02-03-2011 11:44 AM

Pike also has an offer from WVU and has a good relationship with Holgerson. I'll dream.

Punisher 02-03-2011 11:51 AM

Since were dreaming

How about USC bringing in Dorial Green Beckham?

Our wr's would be Robert Woods,Kyle Prater,George Farmer,Dorial Beckham

Can I dream? ;)

Hines 02-03-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper (Post 2507631)
Nosovitch probably has an offer from Penn State. He is a ******* animal. Zeke Pike has a Michigan offer.

Agreed. I love me some Nosovitch. Being compared to Dan Persa.

ToldLikeItIs 02-03-2011 12:34 PM

Andre McDonald, Jordan Westerkamp, Amara Darboh, Durron Neal

WRS everywhere

thenewfeature06 02-03-2011 01:12 PM

Apparently we got a jump on 2012 and signed OLB out of Jacksonville, FL..

Shakeel Rashad.. I want to find film

keylime_5 02-03-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown (Post 2507635)
FWIW, I doubt if OSU takes a QB next year. They took two this year, with Cardale Jones grayshirting to give him some separation between him and miller.

they want Shane Dillon but I think it's gonna be hard to pull him out of California with all the big schools eventually offering him. Plus Braxton Miller will probably scare him off since Braxton is gonna be a true freshman. He does have Tressel ties though with QB guru George Whitfield Jr. mentoring him - a JT disciple who played for Jim at YSU.