Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Oakland Raiders Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Steve Smith to Oakland?? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47492)

Komp 05-06-2011 09:19 AM

Steve Smith to Oakland??

Apparently Steve Smith wants out of Carolina and is asking to be traded to either San Diego or Oakland. What do you guys think is a good value for him? I think this team could use a veteran receiver, and Al loves deep threats.

RaiderNation 05-06-2011 12:28 PM

I am all for adding him. Idk if there is room for Steve, but he is a upgrade over most all the guys we have. If this means we drop DHB then I will be ery happy

thenewfeature06 05-06-2011 12:45 PM

I would be more than down for this.. even though he isn't the most level headed guy, he would be our best WR from day 1.

Komp 05-06-2011 12:47 PM

hmm

Can't drop Heyward as this year could be the classic "3rd year leap" that WR's tend to have (ex. Robert Meachem, Roddy White), but I don't see much point in keeping Higgins around, especially with Jacoby Ford trumping him on returns. I still hold out a little bit of faith that Heyward-Bey will turn the corner as he has all the physical tools required and is a hard worker.

Abaddon 05-08-2011 06:34 AM

DHB lacks the heart and ballsack to have any sort of 3rd year leap. He's not going anywhere, but I hope he at least goes to the bench.

Smith would be nice to have on the cheap. Anything more than a 4th round pick sends me looking for Santana Moss instead.

EvilNixon 05-08-2011 08:20 AM

Darrius played well to start the year then tailed off..He's going to get his opportunities..

J-Mike88 05-08-2011 08:28 AM

Philip Rivers would love to add a healthy Steve Smith.
Speaking of that, where will Vincent Jackson be playing this year?
Isn't he going to be an UFA and on the move?

thenewfeature06 05-08-2011 12:03 PM

^^^ Not sure how any of that relates to the title of this particular thread..

Santana Moss would be pretty cool too if we can't get Smith.

RaiderNation 05-10-2011 05:38 PM

After thinking about it I really doubt we will add Smith unless it is on a huge discount. We really dont have room for him even though he would be a upgrade over most of our WR's. You know DHB, Ford, Murphy, Schilens and Moore will be on this team, so I don't see any room for him. Unless maybe Schilens has yet another injury then there might be an opening for Steve to join our team.

EricCartmann 05-31-2011 06:53 PM

Steve Smith still has some left in the tank I think. Though I think it's harder for him to get behind guys on the deep stuff, he still seems to find ways to get open everywhere else. Though I agree with Adbaddon, anything more than a 5th round pick and I think we should get someone through the draft.

ellsy82 07-12-2011 05:04 PM

Don't think the Panthers would trade away Smith for any amount of draft picks. They just drafted Cam Newton, I don't think they're going to ship out the only receiver that could potentially help the rookie develop.

gpngc 07-12-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellsy82 (Post 2623086)
Don't think the Panthers would trade away Smith for any amount of draft picks. They just drafted Cam Newton, I don't think they're going to ship out the only receiver that could potentially help the rookie develop.

Where have you been?

He's as good as gone lol

ellsy82 07-12-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpngc (Post 2623110)
Where have you been?

He's as good as gone lol

Why? What exactly did I miss? The only thing I've heard is that Smith said he wants to "play of a competitor". Then he joined Newton and crew for a PTA or two, and came away impressed with the quarterback. Sounds like a good relationship to me.

gpngc 07-12-2011 06:17 PM

Except that he wants to play for a competitor.

And the fact that there's been smoke around his name since the middle of last season.

He needs to work out - and currently he's a Panther. He's not being a dick about it but he's made it pretty clear that he wants a trade and the Carolina organization isn't denying that it could happen.

ellsy82 07-12-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpngc (Post 2623115)
Except that he wants to play for a competitor.

And the fact that there's been smoke around his name since the middle of last season.

He needs to work out - and currently he's a Panther. He's not being a dick about it but he's made it pretty clear that he wants a trade and the Carolina organization isn't denying that it could happen.

They'd better be active in free agency then...because they have NOBODY but a couple of rookies and mediocre guys that couldn't help Smith out in previous years.

Edit: Carolina, not Oakland.