Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   The Office: Season 8 (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48745)

Splat 09-22-2011 09:37 AM

The Office: Season 8

Starts tonight.

Quote:

New Dunder Mifflin CEO Robert California leaves a piece of paper with a line down the middle that has names of the Scranton staff on either side of it, leading everyone to try and figure out what it means.
Discuss.

Nalej 09-22-2011 09:41 AM

I can't mother effin' wait!

ImBrotherCain 09-22-2011 09:43 AM

Lets hope its better than the last few seasons... I love the office but it has had a downward trend since season 3.

Nalej 09-22-2011 09:44 AM

eh, I agree some seasons could have been better but I don't think it's been a linear regression since season 3 though

ImBrotherCain 09-22-2011 09:51 AM

Each season has has some great episodes but I think that season 3 was by far the funniest in its entirety.

Last season had some really good episodes but in all was pretty underwhelming.

Splat 09-22-2011 09:56 AM

I think the first 5 season are great and the last two just decent.

Da-Phins 09-22-2011 09:58 AM

Cant wait!/ Bart Scott voice

Predictions on who will be the new manger. My money's on Darryl.

Splat 09-22-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da-Phins (Post 2686462)
Cant wait!/ Bart Scott voice

Predictions on who will be the new manger. My money's on Darryl.

Agreed. I think he is the best man for the job.

ImBrotherCain 09-22-2011 10:01 AM

Deep down I want it to be Jim Carry just to see how he would put his stamp on the show.

Nalej 09-22-2011 10:03 AM

Jim Carey is who I'd love... I think it's Daryl though

StripedWalrus 09-22-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nalej (Post 2686466)
Jim Carey is who I'd love... I think it's Daryl though

I think if Daryl gets the manager position the show will take a major turn for the worse. I like Daryl as a character but I think what he is now is as far as his character will be. You need somebody that is eccentric to play manager...someone who makes no sense at all in being the manager or at least seems to be that way.

holt_bruce81 09-22-2011 12:37 PM

I think Jim gets the job.

Can't wait for tonight!

Splat 09-22-2011 12:42 PM

I'm wondering if it might be someone that know one is talking about like Pam.

Hurricanes25 09-22-2011 02:02 PM

Jim deserves the job but I just have a strange feeling it will be Andy. Andy is not qualified for the job either so if it is in fact Andy, it should bring some laughs.

jrdrylie 09-22-2011 02:20 PM

Speaking of Jim Carey, I have a theory about his character. Remember when Toby stated that he thought the man convicted of being the Scranton Strangler was actually innocent? Well I think he is the real Scranont Strangler. In his brief screen time, he stated "people disappear in the Finger Lakes." I think that might mean he killed people there. Just my theory.

As for the new manager, there are really only two options. The first is Daryl. Saber obviously likes to promote minorities, as evidenced by their "Print in all Colors" program. But his interview was terrible. The other is Jim. In the real world, he would be the guy. He is a great salesman. He has been the number two there since season three. And he even was co-manager for a while. I hope he gets it.

CashmoneyDrew 09-22-2011 02:22 PM

I think it will be Andy for the irony that he's the shittiest salesman of the group and well, because Ed Helms is one of the bigger names right now.

holt_bruce81 09-22-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 2686670)
Speaking of Jim Carey, I have a theory about his character. Remember when Toby stated that he thought the man convicted of being the Scranton Strangler was actually innocent? Well I think he is the real Scranont Strangler. In his brief screen time, he stated "people disappear in the Finger Lakes." I think that might mean he killed people there. Just my theory.

As for the new manager, there are really only two options. The first is Daryl. Saber obviously likes to promote minorities, as evidenced by their "Print in all Colors" program. But his interview was terrible. The other is Jim. In the real world, he would be the guy. He is a great salesman. He has been the number two there since season three. And he even was co-manager for a while. I hope he gets it.

I've heard that theory like 100 times.

CashmoneyDrew 09-22-2011 02:31 PM

I would've liked to have seen Creed interact with Jim Carrey's character. If Creed had been creeped out by that dude, then yeah, he's probably the real Scranton Strangler.

drowe 09-22-2011 02:44 PM

My money is on Andy. Ed Helms is getting too big to NOT be a focal point of the show.

Splat 09-22-2011 02:48 PM

I don't want it to be Jim or Dwight. I think you lose some of what makes them great together if either is in charge.

It would be kinda of funny if it was Toby just because of Michael Scott's hate for him and then being replaced by him...

nepg 09-22-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splat (Post 2686567)
I'm wondering if it might be someone that know one is talking about like Pam.

Well, she IS the office administrator afterall... Kind of in a better position to move to management than anyone else...

Hmmmm....

drowe 09-22-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nepg (Post 2686733)
Well, she IS the office administrator afterall... Kind of in a better position to move to management than anyone else...

Hmmmm....

no. the more social and/or profession success pam has, the lease likeable her character is. she should be co-receptionist with Erin.

holt_bruce81 09-22-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drowe (Post 2686710)
My money is on Andy. Ed Helms is getting too big to NOT be a focal point of the show.

John krasinski is a bigger Hollywood star.

bigbluedefense 09-22-2011 03:43 PM

So I haven't kept up with the office at all, the last season I saw was like a year and a half ago.

Can someone fill me in with what happened with Michael Scott? How did he leave? Did he get back with Holly?

Hurricanes25 09-22-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 2686765)
So I haven't kept up with the office at all, the last season I saw was like a year and a half ago.

Can someone fill me in with what happened with Michael Scott? How did he leave? Did he get back with Holly?

Holly came back and they got engaged. Then Holly needed to move to Colorado to be closer to her parents and Michael went with her.