Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Josh Freeman = 27th ranked QB (76.1) (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48801)

Me Likey Rookies 09-26-2011 06:36 PM

Josh Freeman = 27th ranked QB (76.1)

WHAT CAN BE DONE?

im kidding of course but its worth talking about. we dont get our WRs involved as much as we should. first 2 weeks, that was due to the defense's inability to get off the field. this week, it was to get our run game going (which was a great idea) and Freeman's 5 or so bad throws (2 ints).

sanchez, henne, dalton, mccoy, orton have a higher passer rating.

LETS GO JOSH!!!

bucfan12 09-27-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies (Post 2691737)
WHAT CAN BE DONE?

im kidding of course but its worth talking about. we dont get our WRs involved as much as we should. first 2 weeks, that was due to the defense's inability to get off the field. this week, it was to get our run game going (which was a great idea) and Freeman's 5 or so bad throws (2 ints).

sanchez, henne, dalton, mccoy, orton have a higher passer rating.

LETS GO JOSH!!!

I wouldn't read into this too much. What the real problem is Mike Williams is getting keyed on double teams and not any other WR is really seperating themselves as a threat. WRs are having trouble getting open. I'm still waiting for Dez Briscoe to get it going. His TC play hasn't translated to the field.

I like Luke Stocker. Where has Winslow been? He's like invisible. No wonder why Dominik was so eager to take a TE in this past draft.

I'm giving Arrellious Benn a pass. Not many people recover that quickly from an ACL tear the way he did. Usually it could take 9-12 months to get back to football speed. Plus, he wasn't able to have the rehab with the Bucs staff during the lockout.

Another problem I think has hurt them was the lockout and lack of OTAs. Yes, they had there little minicamps organized by Freeman. But it's not the same as it would be organized by a coaching staff. They worked on timing, but there was no working on getting open or seperation at the LOS.

Freeman will get it together. He's too good to fall apart. THat game against Atlanta was played under sloppy conditions, but he looks more confident in his throws. I think he's forcing the ball a bit too much to make a play.

Breed 09-27-2011 09:26 PM

watched a few Bucs games this season. freeman doesn't look how he did last year at all.

bucfan12 09-28-2011 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breed (Post 2693189)
watched a few Bucs games this season. freeman doesn't look how he did last year at all.

Hm, funny. Because they only played a few games this season.

He looked bad in the first half against Minnesota and didn't have the ball at all in the 1st half against. In both those 2nd halves, he's looked every bit better than he was last year.

He's a slow starter to the season. It's not how you start the season, it's how you finish it.

Stats are for losers. Just win baby.

Caddy 09-28-2011 02:16 AM

Don't feed the troll.

Me Likey Rookies 09-28-2011 02:44 PM

Breed is right. Last year, Freeman played like a top 5 QB over the final 4-5 games. This year his qb/int ratio is 2:4. It has to be the lockout messing with him but he will get it together by midseason.

SRK85 09-28-2011 04:18 PM

I think Freeman will be fine. But I always get nervous about the Buc's QBs for some reason.

bucfan12 09-28-2011 08:15 PM

I think he will be fine too. So many former players/analysts said that losing a full off-season of OTAs and mini camps will hurt a young team. Sure Freeman organized workouts, but it was mostly RBs and WRs except for teh 3 day full team mini camp. And those werent at full speed. I mean would you want to risk injury without getting paid? Nope. Plus, they werent' going against DBs, just working on route running, which is key.

I think you're going to see this team develop nicely, especially on offense as the season goes on. A lot of dropped balls by WRs. I think were 2nd in the league when it comes to dropped passes, something you don't want to be that high in.

Freeman is taking more risks right now. I don't know if it's because he wants to make a big play, or if it's because guys aren't getting open and he's just trusting his arm strength by forcing the ball in there. He's compelted 67 % opf his passes though, which is solid. Remember, 2 of his INTs were because a pass tipped off of Benns hands and the flag Freeman thought was probaby offisdes and thought he had a free play and took a shot.

V.I.P 09-28-2011 11:49 PM

Freeman looked "elite" at times last season.. But yeah just a slow start, i expect him to pick it up starting this Monday...