Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   HOMEWORK HELP Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4884)

Big Mike 03-25-2007 06:13 PM

HOMEWORK HELP Thread
 
I made this thread woth inspiration from CutlerChris and his homework problems. Post problems with homework here and see if The Elders on these forums can help you with them.

princefielder28 03-25-2007 06:15 PM

I can probably help with US History, Chemistry, Physics, and Math becuase I've taken college courses in high school on these subjects

Space Ghost 03-25-2007 06:16 PM

Why? Why... Why! Why would people ask for help here? Unless they have no access to the telephone, the outer world, parents are dead, no IM service works on their pc and the only page that loads is this one, why would people want advice on homework from here?

etk 03-25-2007 06:17 PM

If I had homework problems I don't think I'd look here......

Big Mike 03-25-2007 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etk (Post 249907)
If I had homework problems I don't think I'd look here......

i wouldnt look for help anywhere but a teacher, bul utler Chris wuld. but like i said when it comes to math/scienve sometimes nobody can help nless they have a backround knowlege of it. For Example my mom is a business lady so she probably wouldnt know crap relating to Physics or CHemistry.

gbpackers0065 03-25-2007 06:21 PM

im 25 yrs old and graduated law school i can helpw with a lot......but i wud suggests asking ur parents, teachers, friends or anybody else first

Moses 03-25-2007 06:21 PM

Can somebody write me an essay on one of the following topics:

(1) Does Mill’s “harm principle” allow for enough state intervention in our mutual dealings and exchanges? Why or why not? Give examples.

(2) What does Hobbes mean by a “state of nature”? Do you think he is right to insist that without a very strong government we would descend into such a state? Can you provide any examples to back up your answer?

(3) Compare Nozick and Marx on the problem of private property. Does each individual have an inalienable right to his or her property? What limitations, if any, should the State impose on this right? Be sure to display an awareness of what the opposing view would object to in your position. Can you meet your opponent’s objections?

etk 03-25-2007 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moses (Post 249937)
Can somebody write me an essay on one of the following topics:

(1) Does Mill’s “harm principle” allow for enough state intervention in our mutual dealings and exchanges? Why or why not? Give examples.

(2) What does Hobbes mean by a “state of nature”? Do you think he is right to insist that without a very strong government we would descend into such a state? Can you provide any examples to back up your answer?

(3) Compare Nozick and Marx on the problem of private property. Does each individual have an inalienable right to his or her property? What limitations, if any, should the State impose on this right? Be sure to display an awareness of what the opposing view would object to in your position. Can you meet your opponent’s objections?

I say we make an essay request thread....

I got this one boys.....

Phrost 03-25-2007 06:29 PM

Guys I am a junior in HS, and I am trying to decide what major I should have in college I will probably go to Ohio State. I am thinking astrophysics but IDK yet.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 03-25-2007 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Space Ghost (Post 249905)
Why? Why... Why! Why would people ask for help here? Unless they have no access to the telephone, the outer world, parents are dead, no IM service works on their pc and the only page that loads is this one, why would people want advice on homework from here?

My predicament is that I don't have any one in my class' phone number, nobodys on MSN, I have no idea what it's even asking, and nobodys responding to the topic on the class discussion forum. I also asked my dad, and he was hella confused. So I am completely desperate at this point.


UKfan 03-25-2007 06:37 PM

Does it mean like how fast she was moving or something in order to clear the bar? It's a real vague question and doesn't have a lot of information to go on either.

Moses 03-25-2007 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CutlerChris (Post 249968)
My predicament is that I don't have any one in my class' phone number, nobodys on MSN, I have no idea what it's even asking, and nobodys responding to the topic on the class discussion forum. I also asked my dad, and he was hella confused. So I am completely desperate at this point.


I remember answering questions like that in Grade 12 Physics. It's asking how fast the person was travelling I believe, they just left out a word.

I can't remember how to do it, sorry. Physics isn't my strong suit.

critesy 03-25-2007 06:49 PM

you see, she is travelling at the speed of light so therefore you have your speed and distance and then just plug it it. :)

Xiomera 03-25-2007 07:01 PM

I was a child prodigy, so I can help . . . think of young Chas from the Royal Tenenbaums . . . lol

JPLUFF 03-25-2007 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moses (Post 249937)
Can somebody write me an essay on one of the following topics:

(1) Does Mill’s “harm principle” allow for enough state intervention in our mutual dealings and exchanges? Why or why not? Give examples.

(2) What does Hobbes mean by a “state of nature”? Do you think he is right to insist that without a very strong government we would descend into such a state? Can you provide any examples to back up your answer?

(3) Compare Nozick and Marx on the problem of private property. Does each individual have an inalienable right to his or her property? What limitations, if any, should the State impose on this right? Be sure to display an awareness of what the opposing view would object to in your position. Can you meet your opponent’s objections?

Sad thing is I took Political Theory last year and could probably write the first two essays. Unfortunately I don't have time for that. #2 would by far be the easiest though.

Xiomera 03-25-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moses (Post 249937)
Can somebody write me an essay on one of the following topics:

(1) Does Mill’s “harm principle” allow for enough state intervention in our mutual dealings and exchanges? Why or why not? Give examples.

(2) What does Hobbes mean by a “state of nature”? Do you think he is right to insist that without a very strong government we would descend into such a state? Can you provide any examples to back up your answer?

(3) Compare Nozick and Marx on the problem of private property. Does each individual have an inalienable right to his or her property? What limitations, if any, should the State impose on this right? Be sure to display an awareness of what the opposing view would object to in your position. Can you meet your opponent’s objections?

I just wrote an entire essay like a week ago on a very similar subject for a Philosophy class I'm in. I wasn't a big fan of the Leviathan, but Hobbes has a lot of valid arguments.

Moses 03-25-2007 07:30 PM

I actually already did that assignment and decided to do #1. I'm a big John Stuart Mill fan so it made the most sense to do.

snuff 03-25-2007 08:34 PM

Anyone want to write a 6 page scientology paper for me? You have to use 8 scholarly sources(I have 6).

Boston 03-25-2007 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Mike (Post 249927)
i wouldnt look for help anywhere but a teacher, bul utler Chris wuld. but like i said when it comes to math/scienve sometimes nobody can help nless they have a backround knowlege of it. For Example my mom is a business lady so she probably wouldnt know crap relating to Physics or CHemistry.

I'll count you out for help on English.

critesy 03-25-2007 08:39 PM

Psychology 20 -sooo, i need to find a song or some symbol or some movie clip thats romantic and say what makes it romantic and it needs to be like...half a page, who wants to do it for me :) ?

Paranoidmoonduck 03-25-2007 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbpackers0065 (Post 249933)
im 25 yrs old and graduated law school i can helpw with a lot......but i wud suggests asking ur parents, teachers, friends or anybody else first

I refuse to believe that someone who has graduated from law school would use the word "wud". No offense, but if I believed that I would lose all hope in humanity.

I suppose in respect to this thread, I'm useful in regards to talking philosophy and writing, but I suppose if anyone knows how to cure a case of writer's block I'm all ears. I need to pump out an essay by Tuesday and I'm having an utter ***** of a time getting started.

snuff 03-25-2007 08:47 PM

You act like lawyers are respected people...

Paranoidmoonduck 03-25-2007 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snuff (Post 250464)
You act like lawyers are respected people...

Ur Honer i obgect!!!

gbpackers0065 03-25-2007 08:50 PM

i type bad and use aim speak but i am lawyer and snuff that was hilarious....im only a year removed from law school and people dont like me already

gbpackers0065 03-25-2007 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by critesy (Post 250431)
Psychology 20 -sooo, i need to find a song or some symbol or some movie clip thats romantic and say what makes it romantic and it needs to be like...half a page, who wants to do it for me :) ?

im not gonna do it but i suggest the movie casablanca or any bogart movie for that matter


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.