Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Keith Price, QB, Washington (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49138)

soybean 10-19-2011 02:33 PM

Keith Price, QB, Washington

Was just looking up box scores and game logs. Never seen this guy play before, is he a legitimate prospect?

He's thrown 21 tds to only 4 ints, which i think makes him the top of the conference.

he's listed as 6'1 and only 195 but he's only a sophomore.

Perhaps he's another troy smith?

soybean 10-19-2011 02:36 PM

Just to add, he's second in the nation in TD passes. Second only to RGIII. He also has a qb rating of 177.9 which makes him 5th among all FBS qbs.

-- per wikipedia.

Babylon 10-19-2011 02:44 PM

Keith's been great. He's put up the numbers that we thought we'd see from Jake Locker but his supporting cast is much better than last year's. They've added two receivers who were HS AAs in Kasen Williams and Sefarian-Jenkins and add to that Johnson and Aguillar are healthy + the line is a year older.

As a pro he does a lot of things well and looks the part of a nice #2 guy on the sidelines. Price just doesnt have the physical tools you look for at the next level but he has two more years to improve on things.

TACKLE 12-29-2011 11:59 PM

bump.......

gpngc 12-30-2011 12:01 AM

Word up...

ElectricEye 12-30-2011 12:04 AM

It's still really early, but the only glaring concern is height. 6'1 is well undersized...and if he's 6 on the nose, that's a massive problem. Really good athlete with a real quick, efficient throwing motion. It's hard not to like him when you watch him play. I would give him better odds of being an exception than most of the shorter guys to come out recently, aside from maybe Troy Smith.

gpngc 12-30-2011 12:06 AM

DELETE. Agreee

D-Unit 12-30-2011 12:37 AM

Already better than Jake Locker ever was, but he's 6'1 so the draft gurus won't get boners.

Caulibflower 12-30-2011 01:11 AM

Drew Brees. Jeff Garcia. Michael Vick. All 6' guys. Favre, Warner and Stafford are 6'2". You really think if Price is 6'1" it's going to hurt his draft stock that badly? Say he measures out at a legitimate 6'1" and is able to bulk up to 210, 215 or so. He's on the small side, yeah, but if he gets through college without having big injury problems then I'm not worrying about an inch or two of height. Honestly, more concerned about his relatively slight build. Ideally, I'd like to see him at 215 or 220 at that height by the time he's in the NFL. I don't know how feasible that would be, but 195 is the number that concerns me, not 6'1". Needs a bit more mass for sure. But that's a lot easier to gain than height.

asdf1223 12-30-2011 05:55 AM

I really hope that this thread doesn't turn into Jake Locker vs Keith Price. Its utterly pointless to keep harping that Locker didnt live up to your draft expectations. He's not a draft prospect anymore. Judge him by what he does in Tennessee.

My biggest concern with Price is his injuries. He was pretty banged up throughout the season and hence wasn't nearly as effective as he was at the start when he was on fire. But other than that, he has the physical tools except height, great production and incredible intangibles. The Washington offense still runs through Polk. How he adjusts without him will tell a lot about his prospect status.

FUNBUNCHER 12-30-2011 06:50 AM

He's only a sophomore and being coached by one of the better offensive minds in the game.

If he continues to develop the way he has thus far, Price could become a first/second rounder down the road.

Accuracy and decision making, if Price can improve those up a notch U Dub is going to competing for the Pac 12 title in 2013.

Babylon 12-30-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER (Post 2804811)
He's only a sophomore and being coached by one of the better offensive minds in the game.

If he continues to develop the way he has thus far, Price could become a first/second rounder down the road.

Accuracy and decision making, if Price can improve those up a notch U Dub is going to competing for the Pac 12 title in 2013.

As for the last comment they wont be competing for anything until they can get a defense, it's easy to say it'll get better as Sark brings in more players but that hasnt happened yet. This years version was a disgrace, especially when playing good teams.

Price is a nice player as he's projected to the next level but as you mentioned decision making against good teams, arm strength, staying healthy, will all be things to keep an eye on. He's a redshirt sophomore so not sure if there is a ton of upside there although the offense should be better next year if they can find a replacement for Chris Polk.

stl705 12-30-2011 12:42 PM

Last night was the first time I saw Price as well, but boy did he show up!

I thought Baylor was going to blow UW out of the water, but it was such a great game (unless you're a defensive coach).

Price looked like a legitimate QB prospect to me. I'm not too worried about his height, he looked plenty tall last night behind the UW line. I think Polk's size makes Price look smaller. With that said, here are my pros and cons for the QB:

Pros: Great leader, this is probably the most important trait I look for in QBs.

Good mobility: fairly obvious, he did a good job of moving around in the pocket when needed.

Strong Arm: I see some of the critiques against his arm, but it looked plenty strong to me last night.

Cons: Accuracy was good most throws, but accuracy is something Price can definitely work on.

Sight: I'd like him to use his eyes a little more and draw safeties away.This is one of the most common "cons" of college qbs, although it is crucial in the NFL. Sometimes it looked like he would lock in his WR with a strong rush in his face.

Overall a great game and you can't knock over 400 yds and 6-7 tds or whatever he had. Will definitely be a QB to watch next year.

A Perfect Score 12-30-2011 03:05 PM

I love, love, love the throwing motion. Very quick, very sharp looking. Looks a little frail, but if he can bulk up a little he looks very promising.

Caulibflower 12-30-2011 03:35 PM

How would you guys rate him next to Aaron Murray?

TACKLE 12-30-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calubflower (Post 2805147)

Very closely.

Hurricanes25 12-30-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

I haven't seen much of either but from what I've seen, I think Price has more upside. Still very early though.

onejayhawk 12-30-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

The question becomes, how does he rate against Barkley, because that one will get tested.

J

Caulibflower 09-08-2012 05:59 AM

Shoulda just bumped this. Ignore the other thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulibflower (Post 3108835)
He's going to need a thread. Playing against LSU today, probably no other draftable prospect stands to affect his stock as much as Price could by the end of tonight.

asdf1223 09-08-2012 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulibflower (Post 3108836)
Shoulda just bumped this. Ignore the other thread.

If he can stay alive for 4 quarters I'll be happy. At the moment, it's shaping up to be the equivalent of Locker's Nebraska game.

soybean 09-09-2012 01:57 AM

He was totally outclassed today. Wish he couldve put on a better performance. Definitely would have put him more in the limelight.

Raiderz4Life 09-09-2012 02:03 AM

I played with KP in HS. Nicest person you'll ever meet. I really will be cheering for him. Nothing would make me happier than seein KP make it to the NFL.

Babylon 09-09-2012 10:28 AM

Keith didn't get a lot of help yesterday from his receivers but the effort wasn't bad. Certainly not to the level of the Baylor game but he hung in there.

I think with Price what you see is what you get. A smart heady player with a decent arm and some wiggle. The whole package probably isnt going to make him an early pick but he should find a career in the league.

soybean 09-28-2012 12:54 AM

the **** happened to him? Last year he was leading the conference in qb rating and completion percentage in a pass friendly conference.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock 09-28-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soybean (Post 3132015)
the **** happened to him? Last year he was leading the conference in qb rating and completion percentage in a pass friendly conference.

Clearly all you do is look at box scores. If you watched last nights game you would understand each pass play he had multiple people on his face.