Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Greg Olson (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49199)

Bucs147 10-24-2011 08:16 AM

Greg Olson

Can somebody please tell me why, with 39 seconds to go and 2 TO, Greg Olson calls a play where our two playmakers, MW19 and K2, are running some ******* 3-yard curls in the middle of the field ? Are you ******* kidding me ? And the only guy that had a deep route is Preston Parker, our slot receiver ??? What the hell. I'm not saying we lost the game because of that playcall, since Josh Freeman would probably have thrown a INT anyway, but this stupid play is the perfect example of Olson's moronic playcall. Hey Greg, here's a tip, send Mike Williams or Arrelious Benn on a deep route, not Preston Parker. And call a play where some receivers have a decent chances of getting out of bounds. Here, the only receiver who have that shot is Kregg Lumpkin who's running right at the LOS. This call is a freaking joke. There's nothing right with the play he called.

There are thousands of examples of stupid calls like that made by Greg Olson. The guy is a freaking moron and maybe I'm a homer but I honestly think he might be the worst OC in the NFL. His offense is so predictable and uncreative. Here's how he calls the plays:

1st down: Either a vanilla inside run or a short dumpoff pass.
2nd down: What he didn't call in the 1st down (ie: if he called a run at 1st, then he'll called the short pass and vice versa).
3rd down: Short pass
4th down: Punt

All our drives are like that and it drives me nuts. No screens, no bootleg, no slants, very little power runs, no deep shot, no imagination at all. A stupid vanilla offense that is so predictable that I can call the plays before I see them. That needs to change. Last year, it took him like 14 games to realize that a QB sneak with a 6'6 feet QB might be a good idea. He's a moron that bring no adjustement at all. The Bears safeties are beyond terrible, couldn't we have at least try some deep shot with Arrelious Benn in ?

Please Raheem fire this guy.

Legacy 10-30-2011 05:34 PM

You want him to have Benn run a deep route, but Olson isn't even smart enough to have him on the field. You can clearly see him on the sideline up above the score box.

I agree with everything you said, though. We'd be better off it Raheem Morris just kept a 360 with Madden on the sidelines and hit "Ask Madden" on every offensive play to determine what we're going to run.

bucfan12 10-31-2011 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legacy (Post 2730522)
You want him to have Benn run a deep route, but Olson isn't even smart enough to have him on the field. You can clearly see him on the sideline up above the score box.

I agree with everything you said, though. We'd be better off it Raheem Morris just kept a 360 with Madden on the sidelines and hit "Ask Madden" on every offensive play to determine what we're going to run.

Agreed. Honestly, I think Benn and Briscoe are going to emerge as the top 2 WRs in the second half. Mike WIlliams looks slow and clayton like.

I'd bench Williams and start Briscoe and Benn if I'm Olsen. They've been our 2 best WRs. Make Williams earn his way back.

bigfreak314 11-09-2011 05:29 AM

I agree as well, we have to do something. The plays look too vanilla. It is like a high school offense ran in the NFL. I'm all for the power run game but the passing game has to be more complex!

bucfan12 11-09-2011 09:59 AM

Honestly, they used like 3 different packages the entire game. Nothing creative.