Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49213)

shylo3716 10-24-2011 10:34 PM

Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson

I really don't know where to begin with Boyd without saying he has exceeded expectations as a collegiate QB in his first year as a starter. I'm quite sure if Lane Kiffin, out of all people who happens to be the "best" talent evaluator on the collegiate, not think he could play QB so did others. As of right now Tajh is currently leading his Clemson Tigers to a 8-0 record with Heisman considerations to back up his performance thus far this season. This past week, he threw for 367yds on 5TD passes to 5 different WRs. Boyd is a legit prospect in my eyes, but due to his massive size & being undersized at 6'1'' 230, I think that would be a knock on him to go no higher then Round 2-3 if he were to come out in 2013. Me personally I believe he should be rated in the Top 3 as a QB prospect of the 2013 class. I say he is a QB although he may draw Michael Robinson comparisons from scouts come draft time. If many of you don't know much about Boyd other than what he has displayed this year, he is a winner who knows how to run a team which he did well on the HS level winning 2 State titles.

keylime_5 10-24-2011 11:27 PM

Michael Robinson wishes he was Tajh Boyd. Robinson wasn't ever as impressive as Boyd's been this year. I think you'll more likely see Garrard comparisons than comparisons to guys who were converted runningbacks all the way coming out like Robinson. Boyd is without doubt a QB (and a pocket passer for that matter unlike Robinson who was a better runner than passer).

gpngc 10-24-2011 11:34 PM

Not knocking the thread at all but this is too funny not to point out (I'm also curious what you meant to say):

Quote:

Boyd is a legit prospect in my eyes, but due to his massive size & being undersized at 6'1'' 230, I think that would be a knock on him to go no higher then Round 2-3 if he were to come out in 2013.

BRAVEHEART 10-24-2011 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shylo3716 (Post 2724894)
I really don't know where to begin with Boyd without saying he has exceeded expectations as a collegiate QB in his first year as a starter. I'm quite sure if Lane Kiffin, out of all people who happens to be the "best" talent evaluator on the collegiate, not think he could play QB so did others. As of right now Tajh is currently leading his Clemson Tigers to a 8-0 record with Heisman considerations to back up his performance thus far this season. This past week, he threw for 367yds on 5TD passes to 5 different WRs. Boyd is a legit prospect in my eyes, but due to his massive size & being undersized at 6'1'' 230, I think that would be a knock on him to go no higher then Round 2-3 if he were to come out in 2013. Me personally I believe he should be rated in the Top 3 as a QB prospect of the 2013 class. I say he is a QB although he may draw Michael Robinson comparisons from scouts come draft time. If many of you don't know much about Boyd other than what he has displayed this year, he is a winner who knows how to run a team which he did well on the HS level winning 2 State titles.

Dude....let it go, and stop exaggerating while you're at it. Yeah, a player from Virgina is doing good, congrats, I think we all get it now.

JHL6719 10-24-2011 11:45 PM

Tajh Boyd is a legitimate quarterback prospect, Michael Robinson never was.

Reminds me a little bit of Rex Grossman coming out of Florida (yes, I just compared him to a white QB)

sbh15 10-25-2011 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART (Post 2724988)
Dude....let it go, and stop exaggerating while you're at it. Yeah, a player from Virgina is doing good, congrats, I think we all get it now.

dude he hasn't even posted the obnoxious 757 text block image yet, we can't expect him to stop this soon

CashmoneyDrew 10-25-2011 12:05 AM

Meh. Color me unimpressed on his pro prospects at this point. I'm not overly impressed with his deep ball or velocity. Seems like his receivers bail him out a bit.

tjsunstein 10-25-2011 12:24 AM

You managed to take your shot at Lane Kiffin, shout out a Virginia player, call him undersized and massive, and made a Michael Robinson comparison in one thread. Although it wasted my time, it was impressive. I think you checked everything off there.

GaMeTiMe 10-25-2011 12:45 AM

Can he be banned yet? Scott can't want this for his site..

SickwithIt1010 10-25-2011 12:48 AM

Bahaha you're back to the Kiffen bashing again.

Massive size, and undersized huh? Impressive.

Hurricanes25 10-25-2011 12:56 AM

His height is a knock on him, before even watching him play. I'm a fan though.

ellsy82 10-25-2011 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shylo3716 (Post 2724894)

Always good to keep an eye out on the future. Thanks for the heads-up.

ATLDirtyBirds 10-25-2011 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjsunstein (Post 2725049)
You managed to take your shot at Lane Kiffin, shout out a Virginia player, call him undersized and massive, and made a Michael Robinson comparison in one thread. Although it wasted my time, it was impressive. I think you checked everything off there.

Well said sir.

MassNole 10-25-2011 02:07 PM

Good system QB in college, fringe NFL prospect.

Ozzy 10-25-2011 08:12 PM

I like Tajh Boyd as well, what is there not to like about him....

But for the 2013 draft....no way he is top 3 QB talent. Having to compete against these types of prospects, good luck. A lot of talent here, and one could completely argue and take any if not all of these quarterbacks above Boyd if they all went out in the same draft.

Tyler Wilson
Brock Osweiler
Mike Glennon
Tyler Bray
Aaron Murray
Danny O'Brien
Geno Smith
EJ Manuel

Boyd, again I like him a lot, but he has arguably one of the best receiving cores to throw to in the country. Be interesting to see how he develops, and who knows maybe the likes of Glennon, O'Brien or Bray will be total busts in that amount of time, but I doubt it.

FUNBUNCHER 11-06-2011 01:27 AM

Does Mike Glennon have another year of eligibility??
He was my super sleeper QB pick of the 2012 draft!!lol

descendency 11-06-2011 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER (Post 2736980)
Does Mike Glennon have another year of eligibility??

Yes. He's a redshirt Junior.

SolidGold 11-06-2011 09:49 AM

Glennon needs to show improvement and growth next season. He has been a mild disappointment IMO. I was expecting him to really light it up. Not saying he has been terrible in his first year as a starter but was just expecting more.

gpngc 01-03-2013 08:46 PM

Is he on the map after a pretty impressive performance against a tough LSU defense considering how muddled the rest of this QB class is shaping out to be?

He can push it downfield and he's an absolute gamer with a little McNabb in him. Similarly, I don't love his accuracy. However, he's improved every year, specifically in that department with a 67% comp. pct. this season.

I don't think his height (6-1) is an issue at all.

SickwithIt1010 01-03-2013 08:59 PM

Bring Chip and Taj to Philly.

shylo3716 01-03-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 (Post 3231924)
Bring Chip and Taj to Philly.

Which round are we taking Boyd?

SickwithIt1010 01-03-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shylo3716 (Post 3232012)
Which round are we taking Boyd?

If it was my choice it would be the 3rd. But I wouldnt be surprised if it had to be the 2nd, most likely by trading up.

ramsrule 01-04-2013 10:32 PM

With the weak QB crop, he may come out. Not saying it's a good idea, just sayin'.

Roddoliver 01-05-2013 04:49 PM

Boyd received a 3rd round grade from the advisory board and he remains undecided, but leaning towards staying for his senior season.

bucfan12 01-05-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roddoliver (Post 3233712)
Boyd received a 3rd round grade from the advisory board and he remains undecided, but leaning towards staying for his senior season.

Smart move. I think many are trying to find a clear cut top QB in this class. Honestly, they're all a bunch of unknowns.

\