Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Brian Kelly is a douche (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49287)

soybean 10-29-2011 09:45 PM

Brian Kelly is a douche

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Kelly
"It's more about how i want things done. About how I want this to play. And I haven't been able to get to play the way i want it play."

"It's not a buy in. They are all bought in. Every single one of them is all bought in. i coach a style of football that i want played. And we are not getting that style. A lot of the guys we are re-training."

Question: that's not a buying in issue?

"Oh no," Kelly said. "that's in their dna. That's who they are."

"You can see the players i recruited here. You know who they are. We've had one class of recruiting kids that I've had my hand on. The other guys here are coming along. But it's a process. It can't happen overnight."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manti Teo's twitter
Playin for my bros and that's it!!!!

Teo should have come to SC. say what you want about Kiffin but he would never throw his players under the bus for no apparent reason.

kelly's a douche. How does anyone have respect for this ass clown of a coach. I hope he falls flat on his face and gets run out of south bend.

Do you Notre Dame fans on this board actually support this guy?

jrdrylie 10-29-2011 10:31 PM

He is going to fired after next season. Teo is definitely going pro after this season because of this.

Rabscuttle 10-29-2011 10:35 PM

It's not like he killed somebody...

yo123 10-29-2011 11:52 PM

I don't get where the outrage is coming from here.

Thecollegedropout 10-30-2011 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 2729145)
He is going to fired after next season. Teo is definitely going pro after this season because of this.

He was probably going to go pro anyway after this season as he's getting to be a 1st round lock.

Kelly pissed his players off and wanted them to play with fire and to shut him up after a pretty lackluster performance vs USC and they really pounded Navy like they should have.

No problem with what he said even though the best players on the team are Weis recruits(Floyd, Wood, Harrison Smith and Te'O)

Charlie Weis also got 5 years and this was including a dreadful 2007 season.

Thecollegedropout 10-30-2011 12:12 AM

Double Post.

soybean 10-30-2011 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo123 (Post 2729330)
I don't get where the outrage is coming from here.

He said you can tell the difference between his recruits and Charlie Weis' recruits by the way his players play with more intensity.

He basically randomly decided to call out all his upperclassmen.

Thecollegedropout 10-30-2011 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soybean (Post 2729450)
He said you can tell the difference between his recruits and Charlie Weis' recruits by the way his players play with more intensity.

He basically randomly decided to call out all his upperclassmen.

He's trying to fire the team up. Is it the best way to do it? No not really since the juniors and seniors have been among the best players on the team but if you can get them pissed, then its going to make these players play with a chip on their shoulder to prove the coach wrong.

soybean 10-30-2011 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout (Post 2729451)
He's trying to fire the team up. Is it the best way to do it? No not really since the juniors and seniors have been among the best players on the team but if you can get them pissed, then its going to make these players play with a chip on their shoulder to prove the coach wrong.

or they could straight up just give up?

I don't think the best way to motivate your team is to get your team mad at YOU.

not to mention you're causing a rift in your team between the upper classmen and the under classmen.

i don't know how anyone can defend Kelly's actions..

Ngatachance92 10-30-2011 12:58 AM

People need to develop thicker skin sheesh.

BRAVEHEART 10-30-2011 01:01 AM

I don't care what Kelly does, just as long as USC beats his red face looking ass every year from here out.

It's not news that dude is a lame-o though (remember how he left cincy, lol). Great coach though, I can't hate on his x's & o's.

Notredameleo 10-31-2011 05:29 PM

I dont get the issue. And it worked. And saying he "killed someone" is just ridiculous and out of line.

keylime_5 10-31-2011 05:48 PM

newsflash: we knew Kelly was a douche when he was at cincinnati. he's just being a douche on a bigger stage at Notre Dame.

Rabscuttle 10-31-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Notredameleo (Post 2731965)
I dont get the issue. And it worked. And saying he "killed someone" is just ridiculous and out of line.

If I sent one of my workers up in those conditions I would be charged and convicted for his death. Simple as that. Him being a raging douche is much less of an issue than sending a kid to his death. And it is in no way out of line. A body is out of line. Defending that is out of line. The actions people will excuse in the name of fandom is enough to make me puke.