Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Black Friday (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49306)

bantx 10-31-2011 02:51 PM

Black Friday

I know it's a little early, but I've been preparing for this black Friday since last year. I have a decent amount of money to spend, but I don't really need anything. I just like going to electronics store seeing a good ass deal and just buying out of impulse.

Last year's haul

2 TB external harddrive for 60 dollars
3 blu ray movies for about 10 bucks
and me and my sisters all pitched in and got a 65 inch flat screen for 600 for my parents.

This year I'm looking for probably more Blu Ray movies, possibly a macbook I'm not sure if Apple has sales on black fridays. Possibly get an xbox and some ps3 games.

MetSox17 10-31-2011 02:57 PM

I'd like to get myself a nice TV, but **** everything about camping outside the store.

bantx 10-31-2011 03:01 PM

I've never camped ever. I sit in my car and I've done this for the past 2 years at Frys. I sit in my car until I see doors open I walk straight to the front and through the doors while other idiots are wrapped around towards the back of the store and don't even know it's open yet.

ImBrotherCain 10-31-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bantx (Post 2731770)
I've never camped ever. I sit in my car and I've done this for the past 2 years at Frys. I sit in my car until I see doors open I walk straight to the front and through the doors while other idiots are wrapped around towards the back of the store and don't even know it's open yet.

That's all well and good but a lot of places are giving out tickets now. I know last year Best Buy gave out tickets on the hot items in the ad so that there isn't a mass hysteria as the doors open.

MetSox17 10-31-2011 03:08 PM

Yeah, they have everything numbered and they give it to the people that wait in line. **** that noise. Plus, i live close to the border, so our stores get a HUGE influx of rich, blood thirsty Mexican shoppers that will elbow you in the face to beat you to an item.

diabsoule 10-31-2011 03:12 PM

I got a 42" flat screen last year for $500. This year they're going for $300.

Also got the same 2 TB external hard drive for $60

Unfortunately for this year I don't have the cash I did last year. If I did I would've bought Street Fighter and Over The Top, both blu-ray, at Wal-Mart for $5 a piece

bantx 10-31-2011 03:14 PM

Yeah I was at best buy before heading to Frys last year when I found out that stuff was already out of stock before the doors even opened kinda made me upset because I was waiting for awhile in that line. So I drove to frys and walked right in they have a huge inventory and didn't run out of stock till like 4 or 5 was when I came back to Frys that day to pick up the TV on sale

nepg 10-31-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabsoule (Post 2731784)
I got a 42" flat screen last year for $500. This year they're going for $300.

Also got the same 2 TB external hard drive for $60

Unfortunately for this year I don't have the cash I did last year. If I did I would've bought Street Fighter and Over The Top, both blu-ray, at Wal-Mart for $5 a piece

I bought an Insignia 42" plasma last year for $400...that is the regular price. I like it.

MetSox17 10-31-2011 03:19 PM

Can anyone give me any tips for going to Wal-Mart? I'm gonna avoid the city and drive out to place far away from the Mexican shoppers, but since it's a nice drive away, i'd like to know how it works at Wal-Mart. I've never shopped on black friday, but i really want a god damn tv.

diabsoule 10-31-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetSox17 (Post 2731796)
Can anyone give me any tips for going to Wal-Mart? I'm gonna avoid the city and drive out to place far away from the Mexican shoppers, but since it's a nice drive away, i'd like to know how it works at Wal-Mart. I've never shopped on black friday, but i really want a god damn tv.

Pretty much camp out in the parking lot the night before. I went to Target at 2am last Black Friday and the line was already around the building.

Damix 10-31-2011 03:28 PM

I might see if there are any good online TV deals. I already have a 55 inch LED for my living room, but wouldn't mind something for my bedroom.

Jughead10 10-31-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bantx (Post 2731750)
Last year's haul

2 TB external harddrive for 60 dollars
3 blu ray movies for about 10 bucks
and me and my sisters all pitched in and got a 65 inch flat screen for 600 for my parents.

You won't be seeing deals like that for hard drives this year. Those floods in Thailand basically cut all production from Western Digital and Seagate.

bantx 10-31-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetSox17 (Post 2731796)

Last year the walmarts near my house was already open, but they had a separate line for the electronic deals which started at i think 4 or 5

vikes_28 10-31-2011 03:42 PM

I'm probably going to go to a small town south of my hometown where there is a wal mart. I went there last year and got a ton of cool stuff. I don't need anything this year, but I will see if there is anything that I need in the ad.

Brent 10-31-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetSox17 (Post 2731762)
I'd like to get myself a nice TV, but **** everything about camping outside the store.

don't buy TVs on black friday, most of them are special models for that day & are often cheap **** just so they can slap a low price on it and sell it.

CC.SD 10-31-2011 06:14 PM

how about Best Buy's computers and stuff? do they go on sale? I haven't bought a new comp in 5+ years but need a new one in the next little bit.

DoughBoy 10-31-2011 06:32 PM

I have to work 3:30 am to 3:00 pm on black Friday. I miss the old days of being forced to go to the mall where everyone is packed in like tuna.

bantx 10-31-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC.SD (Post 2732008)
how about Best Buy's computers and stuff? do they go on sale? I haven't bought a new comp in 5+ years but need a new one in the next little bit.

Yeah they always have computer sales and microsoft is having a deal right now if you buy a computer you get a free xbox with it i think it might be still going on

CC.SD 10-31-2011 07:06 PM

nice...dont need the XBox but will investigate some deals.

The_Dude 10-31-2011 07:54 PM

How about ps3s? Anyone know of what deals on them have been in the past?

I need a new one, but may not be willing to wait, unless the deals are too good to pass up.

the new jesus 10-31-2011 07:59 PM

God damn this thread makes me feel bad for Americans. Consumerism at its finest.

yo123 10-31-2011 08:41 PM

I really, really need a tv. But I may look online first, I tried the whole waiting outside thing last year and it was one of the worst experiences of my life.

49erNation85 10-31-2011 08:49 PM

Black Friday so not fun.I dunno why you people torturer your selves in the crowd with so many annoying shoppers.I'd rather stay home or go some where away from stores.But my self this year I will be enjoying the slopes in MT.

CJSchneider 10-31-2011 09:58 PM

This day dedicated to consumerism will never be the same thanks to...

diabsoule 10-31-2011 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJSchneider (Post 2732275)
This day dedicated to consumerism will never be the same thanks to...

Friday, Friday, gonna get some great deals on Friday.